The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

lambda shuttle stats; surronian L19 deckplan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> lambda shuttle stats; surronian L19 deckplan?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: lambda shuttle stats; surronian L19 deckplan? Reply with quote

So, I've looked in the Starship combined stats book, the rulebook, the RotJ book, the Movie Sourcebook... are there stats anywhere for the plain vanilla Lambda Shuttle?

crmcneill in another thread wrote:
WEG. You really do have to love them. If only as an excuse not to track them down and beat them senseless. Stock Ships is just one example of a great idea gone horribly wrong. Has anyone ever been able to explain why WEG thought the YT-2400 didn't need a boarding ramp?

Along these lines, the deckplan for the L19 in stock ships seems crazy. It doesn't seem to correspond to the silhouette, the bunks don't match the crew and passenger complement, and...

Anyway, has anyone seen a corrected or more appropriate deckplan? There doesn't seem to be anything on the deckplan alliance page.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt there a Lambda in Scavenger Hunt? Or is it Tatooine Manhunt?
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Isnt there a Lambda in Scavenger Hunt? Or is it Tatooine Manhunt?

Hmm, I always forget to mine these for info. I forgot Scavenger Hunt involves the Ugors and Squibs. Anyway, the shuttle there is listed as "modified" and has a whole bunch of extra weaponry, so I dunno if that's right. But I'll use it for now. It has deckplans too, so thanks for the referral.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check the Imperial Sourcebook?

I'm running off memory here, but I seem to recall the stats and deckplans being in there.
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rerun941 wrote:
Did you check the Imperial Sourcebook?

I'm running off memory here, but I seem to recall the stats and deckplans being in there.

I couldn't find it in there.

I found the stat blurb in the Intro set which is like the abbreviated stats in the GM Screen, but those just contradict the ones in Scav Hunt.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in Gry's starships book, with stock stats.

Source: Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook SE (pages 135-136), The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook (pages 237-238), Heir to the Empire Sourcebook (pages 132-134), Starships of the Galaxy (pages 69-70), The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (pages 100-101)

I know the Trilogy Sourcebook SE is definitely right.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
It's in Gry's starships book, with stock stats.

Source: Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook SE (pages 135-136), The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook (pages 237-238), Heir to the Empire Sourcebook (pages 132-134), Starships of the Galaxy (pages 69-70), The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (pages 100-101)

I know the Trilogy Sourcebook SE is definitely right.

Thanks, I didn't see it in Gry's either, but I don't always find things in the TOC very well.

Thrawn Trilogy P 237! Thanks everyone.

Funny that the YT-1300 stats are everywhere but the Lambda didn't make it into the rulebook, at least. I figured it for the RotJ guide too, but no.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: lambda shuttle stats; surronian L19 deckplan? Reply with quote

Barrataria wrote:
Along these lines, the deckplan for the L19 in stock ships seems crazy. It doesn't seem to correspond to the silhouette, the bunks don't match the crew and passenger complement, and...

Anyway, has anyone seen a corrected or more appropriate deckplan? There doesn't seem to be anything on the deckplan alliance page.

Ugh. Stock Ships is the WEG equivalent of picking up a hot girl at a bar and getting her home only to find out she's a transvestite. There was almost no technical oversight, and the floorplans are drawn with no consideration for the third dimension, scale, or the laws of physics. Engines and operating equipment should account for 1/3 to 1/2 of a space transport's internal space, yet all we get is room after useless room while the engine compartment is about the size of a walk-in closet and shoved off in some corner somewhere. Ships that are supposed to be able to haul 80 or 90 metric tons of cargo have what looks like a hallway designated as the cargo bay. Layouts that in general do not make sense. Tons of wasted space. I HATE Stock Ships!

IMO, the best deck plans are found at Frank Bonura's Star Wars Deckplans Alliance (http://deckplans.00sf.com/). Frank's attention to detail borders on obsessive, but the results are more than worth it. Deckplans can be found for the YT-1300, the YT-2400, Slave One, and a host of other useful ships.

Star Wars Design Alliance (http://swdesignalliance.com/gallery/) has good material as well, a mix of homebrew and official material, and their deck plans seem to be well thought out. I particularly like their take on the Imperial Rapid Deployment Base.

Colonial Chrome (http://www.colonialchrome.co.uk/)...... Well, I like some of their stuff, and I bite my tongue on others. There is a lot of quantity, with a good mix of official and homebrew material, but the quality can be somewhat hit-and-miss on occasion.

Those are the big three that I use on a regular basis. Are there any others?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links; some of them seem to have really stepped up (colonial chrome) since I last looked at them.

I've found some decent deckplans via google with the ship's name, but usually it's in some buried area of one of those sites.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: lambda shuttle stats; surronian L19 deckplan? Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Colonial Chrome (http://www.colonialchrome.co.uk/)...... Well, I like some of their stuff, and I bite my tongue on others. There is a lot of quantity, with a good mix of official and homebrew material, but the quality can be somewhat hit-and-miss on occasion.

And please, dont ask the admin a question, youll only get unpleasantness and insults... Rolling Eyes
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: lambda shuttle stats; surronian L19 deckplan? Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

And please, dont ask the admin a question, youll only get unpleasantness and insults... Rolling Eyes

Indeed. He makes some very interesting leaps of logic at times, especially with what he puts in his deck plans. The most interesting example I've seen is the Baudo-Class Star Yacht. With a Space of 10, you would think the two bulges on the dorsal aft section would be the engine housings, but he apparently decided it would be a great place for a hot tub. It has since been removed, but still... Shrinking the Nebulon B because of the scale of Luke and Leia in the window; putting in a bowling alley on the Guardian-Class Light cruiser... I know people are entitled to artistic license, but sometimes...

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: lambda shuttle stats; surronian L19 deckplan? Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

Indeed. He makes some very interesting leaps of logic at times, especially with what he puts in his deck plans. The most interesting example I've seen is the Baudo-Class Star Yacht. With a Space of 10, you would think the two bulges on the dorsal aft section would be the engine housings, but he apparently decided it would be a great place for a hot tub. It has since been removed, but still... Shrinking the Nebulon B because of the scale of Luke and Leia in the window; putting in a bowling alley on the Guardian-Class Light cruiser... I know people are entitled to artistic license, but sometimes...

Man, he takes himself very serious, referring to other deckplan designers as 'the competition' (no joke here), now hell probably come to your place and make you eat a copy of Stock Ships! Laughing
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: lambda shuttle stats; surronian L19 deckplan? Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Man, he takes himself very serious, referring to other deckplan designers as 'the competition' (no joke here), now hell probably come to your place and make you eat a copy of Stock Ships! Laughing

I'll let you know when I start to get worried.

Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: lambda shuttle stats; surronian L19 deckplan? Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Ugh. Stock Ships is the WEG equivalent of picking up a hot girl at a bar and getting her home only to find out she's a transvestite. There was almost no technical oversight, and the floorplans are drawn with no consideration for the third dimension, scale, or the laws of physics. Engines and operating equipment should account for 1/3 to 1/2 of a space transport's internal space, yet all we get is room after useless room while the engine compartment is about the size of a walk-in closet and shoved off in some corner somewhere. Ships that are supposed to be able to haul 80 or 90 metric tons of cargo have what looks like a hallway designated as the cargo bay. Layouts that in general do not make sense. Tons of wasted space. I HATE Stock Ships!

It's always been one of my favorite books, it's nice and glossy and has the pull-out cards with pictures and stat blocks for players to use. You didn't mention that once in your review! Laughing

I'm definitely not in the same nerd category as the various deckplan designers, and I won't catch things like hulls that are too thin or not enough space for the engines. But now that I've actually sat down to use some of these plans or give them to players (usually have used YT-1300 or Ghtroc before) almost every one has glaring non-technical errors.

I didn't make a list at the time, but IIRC the luxurious top-of-the-line yacht (Starwind?) has a giant formal dining room....aaaaaand a galley located all the way on the other side of the ship. One has a crew/passenger lounge the size of a phone booth and a huge bath salon with a refresher big enough for 5 wookies to dance in. The surronian is a disk-shaped ship that's shown flat on one side and round on the other. The real pet peeve for me is the total disconnect between the bunks and the crew complement. I think one is listed with a crew of 1, and 6 passengers, and provides two huge cabins for the crew and two triple bunkbeds for the passengers.

Once the players settle on a ship type if I can't find a good plan maybe I'll copy the Stock Ships silhouette into Campaign Cartographer and draw them that way. I did that for the Ghtroc based on one of the deckplan alliance drawings and that worked well. Just a waste of work for me, as I don't particularly enjoy doing such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: