The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TK Lightsabers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> TK Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaumont sebos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: TK Lightsabers Reply with quote

My powerful force-using PC was resigned to the fact that the laws of the universe (my own universal laws) do not allow force users to TK lightsabers out of each other's hands.

Well, we only use the movies as canon, and lo and behold, in RotS, a lightsaber gets TKed!

So, now, after many years, he's moaning about this now being allowed. But if I allow it, he will do it all the time (although he doesn't have TK now, he eventually will learn it and apply it very successfuly considering his high stats).

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you refresh my memory? When in rots domeone tked a saber from somebody's hands?
beaumont sebos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly... Mace TKs Palpatine's lightsaber out of his hands during their fight... I think is was right as Anikan walks in.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I remember he just used his saber to knock Palp's from his hand. Though I might be wrong. Gotta watch that movie again!
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK (Alter) vs. Control

If you want to make it difficult (to replicate the movies) assign it a difficulty, of say, 20. It must be difficult or else everyone would be doing it in all of the movies.

Just a suggestion, of course.

As for "he'll eventually learn it" - only if he can find someone who can teach him...and the director controls that.
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have the TKing Jedi make an alter roll, but the TKed Jedi makes a controll roll and adds his lightsaber skill, or some other factor that makes it incredibly hard to TK things from Jedi.
beaumont sebos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but the TKed Jedi makes a controll roll and adds his lightsaber skill...

YES! I like that. That's what I will do.

Thank you sir!

"Saving the multiverse, one Gamorrean Ale at a time."
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: 'TK' Reply with quote

This is very much like TKing other weapons out of people's hands, or other objects for that matter. If the target is unsuspecting, or a non-force user, add their STRENGTH to the difficulty (a lightsaber, blaster, or grenade are small objects, and easy deifficulty). However, as other have said, a Force User should also get to add his CONTROL to the difficulty.

Then there's the possibilities of what to do if he fails, does he try to grab it back while it's in the air with his own TK? If he's a Dark Jedi, does he simply use his TK to keep the blade ignighted and really let the other Jedi "have it" Twisted Evil I'm sure the Jedi who TKed might have second thoughts when the saber is still lit and begins spinning wildly toward him!

Perhaps the opponent is somewhat of a Lightsaber collector, and produces a new one from his robes! Bet the trick doesn't work twice, eh?

Ok, the trick works twice... If it is a dark jedi, there is always "the Vader Effect". The Jedi is annoyed by having his saber stolen repeatedly and decides to lash out with TK kill, or some other really nasty force power, and simply do away with this troublesome oponent...

And of course...there's always the "Good for the goose..." ruling. Have the oponent Jedi simply return the favor.

Endless Possibilities, have fun with it. Now, I don't nescessarily recomend using all of the above. But flow and adapt to the situation.
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the movies I've never seen a Jedi get TKed. I'd assume that they have some form of ability that makes it nearly impossible to TK something from them unless they weren't paying attention. (my memory's not too keen on Episodes 1-3, though...)

So yeah. It should be possible to TK a Jedi, but at the risk of really annoying them with such a simple trick.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it, imagine the scene:

Obi-Won stretches his hand outward, reaching with the force. Vaders lightsaber flies from his grasp and into Obi-won's hand. Vader raises his hand stoicly, gesturing with his fingers, "Your force use annoys me Obi-won!" Kennobi falls to the deck, gasping and choking for breath.

Definately not as dramatic as a lightsaber cutting through empty robes.

Though, TKing weapons doesn't just annoy Jedi, it annoys players too when it happens to them. A Jedi aware or alerted can resist with Control I'd say, otherwise just use STRENGTH as for other weapons. But overuse of this trick gets old. As one of my players taught me...but that's another story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: