The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lightsaber + Dodge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Lightsaber + Dodge Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanion
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, stoke my lightsaber!!! You're right, Redfox. I always use the R&E rulebook and there it is clearly on page 78. Maybe I was just thinking of the 2nd ed rulebook... not sure if it is different... not motivated enough to go look Razz .
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Lightsaber + Dodge Reply with quote

Lord Ben wrote:
Can you make both a lightsaber parry roll and a dodge roll and apply whichever highest one you want to the attacks? Or once you choose a defense are you forced to keep it?

A good question! One I've never heard before.
After a great deal of thought, I have to say no. The rules state multiple actions are possible in one round, but only one may be performed at a time. A character can make two blaster attacks, but everyone executes one action before the second attack occurs. So your Jedi could declare both a parry and a dodge, but I would rule he's parrying the first attack and dodging the second. He cannot do two defenses at once just like his attackers cannot shoot two attacks at once.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
You have to think about the timing of these actions. The player was attacked, and decided to parry. If he rolls poorly, he can try to dodge, but the attack has already landed, so he can only dodge AFTER that first attack.

I don't know if you guys play it like that, but my group plays it that you can only make one action at a time. So everyone takes their first action, then everyone takes their 2nd and so on. It would be really unfair if someone could perform 3 action before the next guy in initiative can perform even one.

Good point Gry. ANd while i would allow (or can see allowing it) them to roll both, they would be suffering higher MAPS than someone doing just one....

Quote:
In R&E (at least) any defensive action counts for the rest of the round, period. Unless you roll another defensive action, in which case that new one counts (even if it was lower).

The way I'd handle the situation at-hand is to simply allow the character to take as many defensive actions as s/he wants, so long as the proper multiple action penalties are paid. Doing multiple defensive moves is almost always pointless, however, as you get diminishing returns due to those self-same penalties. I'd only do it if I royally pooched that first defensive roll.

Very true, redfox. IMO it does not matter when in the round you dodge, unless you already got hit, it applies to all (other) attacks that round.... Well unless you get wounded/knocked out, then you are prone.

And you know what, this gives me 2 questions to pop to the holonet folks....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: