The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Portland, OR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Portland, OR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Portland, OR Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm recently moved to Portland, OR, and I caught the Star Wars bug something fierce this past month.

Please let me know if you're in the area and would like to join me, or have me join you.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I'm in Tacoma, and I have family all over the Portland area. Maybe when my car's up and running again...

Complete Starship Construction System
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Hmmm... I'm in Tacoma, and I have family all over the Portland area. Maybe when my car's up and running again...

That would be awesome!

At the moment, I'm planning a tri-weekly game. As it happens, I have a cousin up in Kent, WA, but I don't visit him very often.

Noting your avatar, my players (and myself) are big-time Firefly fans. I plan to incorporate a lot of Firefly-feel into my games, provided my players create characters that don't clash with that idea too much.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Hasselstein wrote:
Noting your avatar, my players (and myself) are big-time Firefly fans. I plan to incorporate a lot of Firefly-feel into my games, provided my players create characters that don't clash with that idea too much.

I do the same. I tend to play out in Wildspace, which I think makes a nice analogue to the outer planets, and most of the characters are decended from the occupants of corellian colony ships that landed thousands of years ago, so I say the Firefly mannerisms and accents are a result of the long period of linguistic isolation.

Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
I do the same. I tend to play out in Wildspace, which I think makes a nice analogue to the outer planets, and most of the characters are decended from the occupants of corellian colony ships that landed thousands of years ago, so I say the Firefly mannerisms and accents are a result of the long period of linguistic isolation.

Thousands of years? That's a long time. You probably wouldn't need more than a century or two to develop that. But, I guess the weirder, the better.

In your games, have the colonists forgotten (much of) their origins in a similar way as the people in the Firefly 'verse have? Has contact with the galactic civilization been recently re-established?

I'll send you a PM so you have my contact information if/when you get your car working again.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Hasselstein wrote:
Fallon Kell wrote:

Thousands of years? That's a long time. You probably wouldn't need more than a century or two to develop that. But, I guess the weirder, the better.

In your games, have the colonists forgotten (much of) their origins in a similar way as the people in the Firefly 'verse have? Has contact with the galactic civilization been recently re-established?

I'll send you a PM so you have my contact information if/when you get your car working again.

Thousands of years may be even too long for my tastes, but that's how long ago the colony ships flew. The colonists don't know they're decended from Corellians and only about half of them are aware of the existance of the system itself. Contact has been made (My characters recently crashed their Corellian Corvette and are using a captured Bayonet light cruiser now) and the Empire has moved a fleet in to occupy the area.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
and the Empire has moved a fleet in to occupy the area.

Cue stormtroopers versus Rebels wearing brown coats...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Fallon Kell wrote:
and the Empire has moved a fleet in to occupy the area.

Cue stormtroopers versus Rebels wearing brown coats...

Actually, it most recently cued sea bombardment by a victory class star destroyer, triggering massive tsunamis that obliterated a city where the stormtroopers were fighting mercenaries.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Actually, it most recently cued sea bombardment by a victory class star destroyer, triggering massive tsunamis that obliterated a city where the stormtroopers were fighting mercenaries.

Now where is the Firefly crossover fun in that?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: