The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Home Made ship Modifiactions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Home Made ship Modifiactions Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our MOG threw a similar sounding crystal into our game. it ended up being installed in a super laser. its power increased high enough to destroy planets.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was only a simple energy amplifying crystal. It's being used by a villain, not a pc, and it's one-of-a-kind. The lasers original power was only able to take out capital ships in a single shot, that could only fire every few rounds. Now, the weapon can destroy planest in every other round. No big deal, right?

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathe Ehtar wrote:
Now, the weapon can destroy planest in every other round. No big deal, right?

Destroy planets every other round?! The Death Star took 6 hours to fully charge! Must be some crystal... Wink

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing the Death Star II fire its super laser more than once in the battle of endor. now it may have been on a lower power setting.
Now, the crystal was an ancient secret of a dead race. The crystal was protected in a tomb by three small beams of light. but those beams of light were directed at the crystal, redircted out by focusing crystals to form an impervious force field. So yeah, some crystal.
Now the original weapon was a weaker verson, say a prototype, of the "super laser equiped super star destroyers" whatever they were called, and required a lot of time and a lot of power to work effectivly. So with the crystal in hand, the baddies could use, maybe, a quarter of the power necessary.
I'm still working on the details on how this ship will effect my story in the future.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, you're correct, Rathe. I just looked it up and the superlaser on the second death star was much more advanced than the original one (which I had posted about). The original death star could only fire at maximum power and took 8 hours to fully charge. The second death star could fire it's superlaser at lower damage settings and could recharge in much less time. The damage rating of the superlaser on the second death star is 2D-16D and it can generate 2D of damage per minute, up to the maximum of 16D damage. However, the energy cells in the design can only produce 48D per day without severely straining the energy reactors. (Special Edition Trilogy Sourcebook)

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
I suddenly admire all of those guys in the fleet a LOT more!
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loc Taal wrote:
Rathe Ehtar wrote:
Now, the weapon can destroy planest in every other round. No big deal, right?

Destroy planets every other round?! The Death Star took 6 hours to fully charge! Must be some crystal... Wink

In "Star Wars : The Essential Guide To Weapons And Technology", they state that the first Death Star needed an entire day to build up enough charge for a full power blast, but that even a low-power shot had enough destructive force to crack a planet's crust and cause incredible seismic upheaval, and that the superlaser aboard the second Death Star featured improved targeting computers for firing on capital ships.

So yeah! Wow, every two rounds, that could probably wipe out any large size fleet of capital ships real easy 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me ressurect this thread. I'd like to see some varient ship designs coming from the minds here. I'll kick it off

Gallofree Freighter Modified into a Mining Vessel.

blackjack
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok heres a fun one get a hatchling droid and 6 merr-sonn stun grenades (they are rechargeabel) you rigg the droid so it does not take any dameg from the grenades , and so it can recharge the grenades Twisted Evil and send the droid in and have it set them all off at the same time .then recharge and do it one more time . what can i say there not geting up after that one Twisted Evil
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, BJ, and it can be used to get Mynocks off the hull before re-entry, too!

And Lord Aramus, I am amazed! Simply amazed!!!
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be starting up an outer rim campaign with my local gaming group probably at the end of the summer, so expect to see more by the time I am done.

I'm thinking about turning #2 war pods into asteroid mining vessels.
blackjack
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok my base ship is a mobquet medium cargo hauler Smile the states are in pirates & privateers on page 67 any ways why i like it as a start it has a 7d hall and you get +5 to all modifications and replacements Smile here is were i start moding 1. give it a 1/2 hyper drive 2. up space to 10 3.add 4 comar f-4 ion cannons does 4d oh ya have them made in to hidin popups so you might still pass at the docking ports 4.add shilds oh i think 5d just to the front for ramming Twisted Evil
and if you dont have to dock at any regular port then try some of these other modes
1. a sensor baffling at 2d 2.sensor mask at 2d 3.comm jammers 4. sensor jammers 5.baffeld drive 6. backup batterys i think 4 7. and never leve home with out at least 4 new transponder codes .

oh that bit about bording i would say i will use a plasma punch and vent it to space frist than bord and shot every one with stun 2 befor takying the ship but that is just a thought Twisted Evil by for now
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is a corporate flagship.. out of a heavily modified Nebulon B frigate.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loc Taal wrote:
LOL!
"Sir, an escape pod!"
"Hold your fire, there aren't any life for-"
BOOM!!! Laughing

I like it! Very Happy

One of the guys i play with in sparks, has a ton of 'cargo' which he has stored 20 kilos of thermite plasticine (2d damage per kilo by the book). So when he is in hot water, he flys close to the offending ship and dumps the cargo out, hoping it hits.... Had a lancer get destroyed that way...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: