The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Keepsake Engineering Equipment Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Keepsake Engineering Equipment Thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Keepsake Engineering Equipment Thread Reply with quote

Greetings, gentlebeings! Soniv here. You might have caught sight of me talking about an equipment sourcebook in the fanbook thread over iin the Tools section. As promised, when I make new equipment or find my archives of Keepsake tech, I shall post them in this thread.

To start this thread, I will post the stats for the Modular Cargo Pods I recently dug up. These pods take advantage of the curve near the aft of a Corellian Corvette, making it look somewhat similar to a Modified Corvette in the X-Wing games. Unlike an M/CRV, however, these pods are modular, and can be installed or removed, rather easily, at any standard starport. All modular cargo pods have some basic qualities here, which I shall post before the stats of individual pods.

All pods have the following effects on a CRV:
    Initial modification fee of 2000 credits to allow use of pods
    200 credits per installation/removal of a pod(Or a Moderate Starship Repair roll)
    -2 Space per pod installed
    -1D Maneuverability per pod installed(Cannot go below 0D)
    A called shot at the airlocks gives a hull code of 1D for resistance, plus any shields. Airlocks are 2mx2mx5m.
    A breach of the airlocks can be treated as a normal hull breach, excepting that the airlocks can be closed. The pod is now useless until landing, and requires 1000 credits to repair.
    Any pods that require power take a toll on the Corvette's power generators, and result in a -2 pip reduction to all ship stats except hull and missile damage, to represent the rerouting of power to the pods. Any method of power augmentation or conservation deemed sufficient by the GM can prevent this.

Now that the general rules are out of the way, on to the fun part: individual pods.

Military Pods:
    Modular Troop Assault Pod
    Craft: Keepsake Industries Modular Assault Pod
    Type: Modular Assault Pod for use with Corellian Corvettes
    Scale: Capital
    Cost: 8000 credits
    Availability: 2,X
    Passengers: 100(troops)
    Hull: 3D
    Shields: Uses shields of CRV it is attached to, otherwise 1D
    Capsule: This certain troop assault pod not only has the normal airlock couplings of the normal pods, but also has a bottom airlock used in ferrying troops to the ship being assaulted. These airlocks come with laser cutters that can blast through a ship's hull, doing 3D capital scale damage to determine if the section is destroyed. A result greater than Lightly Damaged means the ship is enterable.

Modular Warhead Launcher Pod
    Craft: Keepsake Industries Modular Warhead Launcher Pod
    Type: Modular Warhead Launcher for use with Corellian Corvettes
    Cost: 5000 credits
    Availability: 2,R
    Warhead Supply: 25 Concussion Missiles, supply diminished if heavier warheads added
    Hull: 3D
    Shields: Uses shields of CRV it is attached to, otherwise 1D+2
    Weapons:
    1 Warhead Launcher
    Scale: Starfighter
    Fire Arc: Front
    Crew: 1
    Skill: Capital Ship Gunnery:
    Fire Control: 1D
    Space Range: dependent on warhead
    Atm Range: dependent on warhead
    Damage: dependent on warhead
    Note: Does 3D Capital Scale collateral damage in a 5 space unit radius if destroyed.

Modular Starfighter Hangar Pod
    Craft: Keepsake Industries Modular Starfighter Hangar Pod
    Type: Modular Starfighter Hangar for use with Corellian Corvettes
    Cost: 2500 credits
    Availability: 2,F
    Starfighter Complement: 5 standard starfighters, 10 TIEs
    Hull: 2D+2
    Shields: Uses shields of CRV it is attached to, otherwise 1D

Civilian Pods
    Modular Cargo Pod
    Craft: Keepsake Industries Modular Cargo Pod
    Type: Modular Cargo Pod for use with Corellian Corvettes
    Cost: 1000 credits
    Availability: 2
    Cargo Capacity: 1000 Metric Tons
    Hull: 1D+2
    Shields: Uses shields of CRV it is attached to, otherwise 0D
    Note: Unless modified for climate control, this pod does not use a significant amount of power.

Modular Passenger Pod
    Craft: Keepsake Industries Modular Passenger Pod
    Type: Modular Passenger Pod for use with Corellian Corvettes
    Cost: 3000 credits
    Availability: 2
    Passengers: 50(Full amenities)
    Hull: 3D+2
    Shields: Uses shields of CRV it is attached to, otherwise 2D

Modular Food Storage Pod
    Craft: Keepsake Industries Modular Food Storage Pod
    Type: Modular Food Storage Pod for use with Corellian Corvettes
    Cost: 5000 credits
    Avalability: 2
    Cargo Capacity: 500 tons(200 climate controlled)
    Passengers: 10(Hydroponics station crew)
    Hull: 2D+1
    Shields: Uses CRV's shields, otherwise 1D+1
    Capsule: This storage pod includes a hydroponics station used to grow plants, which can be a viable source of food.

Feel free to add questions/comments. I will add, however, that at the moment, I do not have floorplans for these pods. I may create them eventually, if I get the time and inclination.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! I am about to do the same thing in a starship of my own design, but on a much smaller scale. Each of my containers is 4x4x8 meters in size and there are several different types. One for normal cargo, one for hazardous goods, one for passengers.

Cargo module (500 cr.) has 125 tons of storage space, hazardous material module (2200 cr) has 50 tons but much better armor, passenger module (3500 cr) has room for one deluxe room and 1-2 passengers.
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another item for your enjoyment: The TIE-Courier Light Personnel Shuttle!

TIE-Courier
Craft: SFS/Keepsake Engineering TIE-Courier Light Personnel Shuttle
Type: Shuttle
Availability: 4,X
Cost: 20,000 credits for Empire and allies, upwards of 500,000 credits on the black market
Dimensions: 5mx2.5mx2.5m, turret sticks 1m above ship hull
Crew: 1 pilot, 1 navigator, Gunners: 1
Passengers: 4
Cargo capacity: 950 kilograms
Consumables: 1 month
Hyperdrive: x7/8
Space: 10
Atmosphere: 415; 1200 kmh
Maneuverability: 4D
Hull:1D+1
Shields: 0D+2
Weapons:
1 Light Laser Cannon
Fire Arc: Upper Turret
Crew: 1
Skill: Starship gunnery: Laser Cannons
Fire Control:0D+2
Space Range: 1-2/3/4
Atm range: 200-400/600/800 meters
Damage: 3D
Capsule: In this time of civil war, diplomacy is certainly important, and the Empire is no exception to the rule. Diplomats need quick transport, and seeing that most shuttles and transports were large and useless for transporting dignitaries, Sienar and Keepsake formed a joint business venture to create a fast courier transport using Sienar's TIE technology and Keepsake's new hyperdrive research. After many hours of deliberation, they came up with what was soon to be the TIE-Courier. Both Sienar and Keepsake realized, however, that the Empire would not possibly accept the TIE-Courier without a defensive weapon, so they placed a light laser turret in the design specs. The passenger seating, making sure the ship could hold a dignitary and 3 guards, remained the same, but the turret cost the Courier about 20 megalights of speed. Still, at 100 megalights cruising speed, a hyperdrive rivaling the ones used by certain smugglers, and a great amount of maneuverability, the Empire realized the utility of such a ship, and bought a plentiful amount of the craft. It is mostly used for its original purpose, transporting dignitaries, officers, and a small entourage of bodyguards between systems and ships.

Description: The ship itself is rather unimpressive, favoring function over form. The standard TIE cockpit has been stretched to accomodate the rectangular form of the ship, and the TIE engines are slightly larger than that of a standard TIE's. Individual Couriers are painted to suit the dignitary or officer it holds, but generally, it is a dull grey rectangle, with the boarding ramp extending down from the hull, raised up by extendable landing struts approximately 1.5m tall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: