The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What do we want from scinematic lightsaber combat?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> What do we want from scinematic lightsaber combat? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
ZzaphodD wrote:
Or a bad GM playing Vader...

Danger Sense. 1 action

Enhance Attribute (STR) +3D (=9D to resist damage). 1 action

TK the bombs (a bag of bombs = 1 TK). 1 action.

Telekinetik Kill on the attacker... 1 action.

Even with CPs you should have some problem resisting around 19D of alter. Even at Perception 4D youll end up at 9D at most IIRC.
The bombs weren't in the bag. I just slung an armload of them carelessly in his general direction. That's like -11D for TK a dozen times, and another -12D for absorb/dissipate when they go off. I don't know about TK kill when he already has his lightsaber out and hot and I'm charging to within arm's reach.

I don't know the specifics of the Saber v.s. Sword matchup beyond the fact that if I didn't roll high enough, my sword would have been completely destroyed.

On the subject of cinematics, besides the simple fact that it was a dream sequence and none of it was "real", what isn't cinematic enough about a burning man flying through a cloud of explosions popping all over the place like flak over Hanoi swinging a sword against the Dark Lord of the Sith and his lightsaber?

Sooo, you managed like 12 Grenade skill rolls for throwing them in a single round with no FP? AND then attack Vader? Shocked You must be the galaxys top grenadier... Laughing

TK kill is his best choice, and would have been a typical 'Vader way' of handling mere flesh trying to hurt him... Laughing
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
On the subject of cinematics, besides the simple fact that it was a dream sequence and none of it was "real", what isn't cinematic enough about a burning man flying through a cloud of explosions popping all over the place like flak over Hanoi swinging a sword against the Dark Lord of the Sith and his lightsaber?

I'm sure its a great visual, but doing this in a dream sequence does little to advance the plot. In the case of Luke's vision in ESB, it was a combination of a psychological attack by the Dark Side and foreboding of what was to come when Vader turned out to be his father.

While I'm sure your version is very cool, it seems also rather pointless with regards to advancing the plot, apart from your character surviving...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:

Sooo, you managed like 12 Grenade skill rolls for throwing them in a single round with no FP? AND then attack Vader?

No, my grenade skill was never what I had hoped it would become. Since I was slinging them out of a bag and didn't really care where they went, it was one non-roll action.
crmcneill wrote:
Fallon Kell wrote:

I'm sure its a great visual, but doing this in a dream sequence does little to advance the plot. In the case of Luke's vision in ESB, it was a combination of a psychological attack by the Dark Side and foreboding of what was to come when Vader turned out to be his father.

While I'm sure your version is very cool, it seems also rather pointless with regards to advancing the plot, apart from your character surviving...
It was part of a series of trials kind of thing. I think he got the idea from Domain of Evil. What can you say, though? We were just kids, not screenwriters.

Complete Starship Construction System
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
crmcneill wrote:

It was part of a series of trials kind of thing. I think he got the idea from Domain of Evil. What can you say, though? We were just kids, not screenwriters.

Fair enough. And in all fairness, it has a better plot than some Hollywood D-list action films I've seen. Wink

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: