The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Interdictor!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Interdictor!?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Interdictor!? Reply with quote

Were there two different type of Interdictor class ships?! I've found a 600 Meter, 1200 Meter, and an 800 Meter. Are they all official, or what's goin on here?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Interdictor!? Reply with quote

Kehlin Yew wrote:
Were there two different type of Interdictor class ships?! I've found a 600 Meter, 1200 Meter, and an 800 Meter. Are they all official, or what's goin on here?

Short answer Yes if...
Long answer, no, but...

Easiest way to handle it, is if they are all in official WEG publications, call them different production and design runs, and attach a I, II, or III to the names, as with the Star Destroyers. Maybe the different variants are manufactured at different shipyards, different times, etc...
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, according to both editions of the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, it's 600 meters. This is in line with what the Imperial Sourcebook says. The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook refers you to the Imperial Sourcebook for more info on the Interdictor. Gry's excellent Starship Stats also goes with 600 meters and I know he tried to get offical WEG stats whenever possible for the PDF and when he couldn't he used conversions. He does quote his sources for the Interdictor as including the first Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, the Imperial Sourcebook, the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook, and Starships of the Galaxy. However, if you look though his PDF you can find other ships that look like their also serve as interdictors. The Abolisher-class cruiser for one. And there is an Interdictor II he lists on there at 1,100 meters in length. So I'd have to say that the different lengths are for different classes.

Wanted Poster
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh ok thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: