The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Characters from the Films
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Characters from the Films Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Law
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our first Star Wars campaign back in the early 90's with my first group, the gm had us smuggling some weapons for the rebellion. We hit some TIE trouble and when it didn't look like we were gonna make hyperspace a beat to hell old YT-1300 swooped in and blew up one of the TIEs one our tail with a YEE HAA and a wookie growl. Once we took out the last tie, we got a "Nice shootin kid! Get those supplies back to base."

Other than coming across one of Vader's old datapads with some information on Jedi in an imperial locked down jedi site, that was the extent of our meetings with any established characters from the movies or books. Other than my newest groups run-in and subsequent double-cross by Jaba...
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aayla Secura was the coolest integration into a game I've ever played. She acted as a mentor for my character prior to the RotS setting.
Jatrell
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently use Crix Madine for giving out missions to my players. Ackbar has showed up but did not interact with characters. Crix sucks btw when rolling bargain skills!!
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Aayla Secura go in your game? I'm playing around with the idea of allowing a player to "become" that character herself.

I am just wondering how the dynamic went.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "go" what do you mean? How did she die? Or how well did it work?

Essentially, she mentored my character (not formally taking on as a padawan, just providing some coaching here and there). My character background was that she was raised by a darksider who had trained her to use her skills for evil. She was discovered by a failed Jedi who scared off the dark sider and took her under his wing. He died shortly after training the "evil" habits out of her, but before her training was complete. Eventually she wound up at the Jedi temple, where she was assigned to be "watched over" by Aayla and to accompany her on her missions (pre RoTS).

I actually like Aayla Secura so much that I've toyed around with the idea of just rule-zero-ing her to have never been killed (or somehow survived being shot 50 times).
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the last fifteen years I've been running Star Wars (off and on...) only a couple of the main characters have made it into my game for little more than cameos. We once had a FS brash pilot run off at the mouth about Luke's skill at making the Deathstar reactor vent shot and when he was told that it was the force he balked. A challenged mock dog-fight later and he was singing another tune...

Princess Leia gave out awards in another game. We had an NPC who was genetically assembled by the Empire from a former Jedi character and Princess Leia. I dropped hints to the parentage and they finally clued into to this fact when they went to New Alderan and saw holo-pics of Padme and realized how much she looked like her 'grandmother'. The funny part was when Leia and Han found out (At the time the npc was engaged to be married to a PC) Han tried to give him the advice 'Let the woman win...'

If anyone is going to win a ship in a card game, they win it from Lando Calrissian who immediately launches into some dialogue about how the ship is 'the fastest hunk of junk in all the galaxy...' or asking if they heard about his 'maneuver at the battle of tanab?'

I once had Mara Jade show up as an Imperial agent sent in to kill the players, she cut off 2 sets of hands before they managed to run her off...

The only other time Luke showed up was 'Jedi Master Luke' teaching at his academy...

I did get rather liberal use of the 'Anakin Solo-Organa' as a prophet...LOL

Keith
MacRauri
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobmalooga wrote:

I once had Mara Jade show up as an Imperial agent sent in to kill the players, she cut off 2 sets of hands before they managed to run her off...

Did Mara Jade ever have her stats redone? I remember looking at the Dark Forces Rising sourcebook and thinking they were a little low...

(Force stats that is, the others look... formidable)
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm aware of, those were the ones I used...and I still opened a can on the pcs...lol
S-Foil
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all of my games I've consciously tried to not have any of the main movie characters appear or only do so sparingly. When I first picked up the game twenty or so years ago I bought into the idea that the PCs were the people you see in the background of the movies having their own adventures. I'd use the events of the movies as touch stones but Han Solo wasn't ever any of the PCs' secret best friend.

I did have the Max Rebo band appear pretty prominently in one campaign as well as Jess as she was prominent in one of the color plates in the 2nd Edition rulebook. Wedge and Rogue Squadron have also showed up a number of times.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke, Darth, Palpatine, we usually start about 3BBY. If we do old republic the dark horse era is much more entertaining than either novels or prequels, it has the dystopic leaning of the original movie, the main reason we start and focus on that era.

we either ignore or kill ewoks. they bite.
Admiral Tolval
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Han and Chewie a couple of times before. The Imperial Smuggler in the group had taken a 4pt. Enemy (House adv/disadv based on Top Secret) and I chose Han for him. The player was leaving Sorocco once and when he got to a certain altitude, a holo recording of Solo came on. When it went off, the engines blew. A mechanic that worked at the starport had tipped off Solo to the smuggler and planted the bomb to trap the character on the planet long enough for Solo to show up. When the other characters (different adventure in which I kept the smuggler seperate from the others) were tracking down the smuggler (who they thought had became a traitor), they got ambushed by Han and Chewie. They didn't know where he was and said they were after the traitor too. Found out later all of this was a scheme to get the smuggler onto Coruscant where he could gain access to the orbital shipyards in which the Guardian was being refitted after being captured by New Republic forces. The other players showed up and got caught but the smuggler freed them and they escaped on the Guardian. It wasn't as easy as I make this seem. This was accually a six part campaign over 3 months playing every weekend (we didn't have a life back then Razz ).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: