The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Inside structures of ships and buildings question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Inside structures of ships and buildings question. Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i see your point...
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how rotted the ship we're talking about is, Vol. Razz
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
You forgot Halo, KR.

"That's a Ringworld."

Oh.

Never played Halo, but from my understanding, it's a ringworld that is also some sort of weapon.

As for sinking sailboats with grenades, it really depends on how big a sailboat and where the grenade is detonated at in it. A grenade detonated inside the cabin of a sport sailboat could very easily blast through the lower hull, as it is in close proximity to the lower hull. It also depends on how sturdy the boats construction is and what materials it's made out of (i.e. It's BODY and SCALE).

Large armored targets in contemporary times, such as naval vessels, are more vulnerable to internal damage because of the nature of how they are constructed and how the armor is applied. The harder outer shell is primaril designed to prevent attacks penetrating from the outside. Granted, a grenade would likely not do a lot to the ship. But something like the equivalent of a Thermal Detonator might (after all TD's are mini-nukes or high end demolition charges, hence the 10D damage). Although this is reflected in the damage code of weapons, as by using the combined actions chart as a guideline, each +1D is a doubling of power/strength. In this respect, the system is exponential in it's measures.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halo is actually something like the Centre for Disease Control that we have here in Winnipeg. A place to store, and investigate, something really really nasty.

And be ready to destroy it if it gets loose.

I'm fairly certain there's some kind of "Failsafe" system in place there that I don't even *WANT* to know about.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The failsafe was a vast radiation weapon specifcally targetting sentient life within a range of several sectors.

I'd give the weapon Death Star scale, 500d, 10 sector range.
to finance my 'vette!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, Boom. I'm hoping they're a little less extream here in Winnipeg. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: