The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars: The Old Republic characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Star Wars: The Old Republic characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Star Wars: The Old Republic characters Reply with quote

Thought I'd create a thread for builds of player characters/NPCs for the upcoming TOR MMO. And to start off, here's Grand Master Satele Shan!

Satele Shan
Character Type: Grand Master of the Jedi Order
Sex: Female
Species: Human
Height: 1.5 meters
Weight: 120 lbs
Homeworld: Brentaal
DEXTERITY 3D+1
Brawling parry 7D, dodge 8D, lightsaber 11D, melee combat 9D, melee parry 8D+2, running 6D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 7D, bureaucracy 6D+2, bureaucracy: Galactic Republic 8D, cultures 7D+2, intimidation 6D, languages 7D+1, planetary systems 8D, scholar: Jedi lore 10D, survival 7D+2, tactics 8D, willpower 7D
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Astrogation 4D+2, beast riding 4D, repulsorlift operations 5D+1, sensors 4D+2, space transports 5D, starship gunnery 4D+2
PERCEPTION 3D+1
Bargain 7D+2, command 9D, command: Jedi Order 10D, con 7D, hide 6D, investigation 8D+2, persuasion 8D, search 7D+2, sneak 6D
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 6D, climbing/jumping 5D+2, stamina 7D
TECHNICAL 2D+2
First aid 5D, lightsaber repair 7D+2, security 6D
Special Abilities:
Force Skills: Control 10D, Sense 9D+2, Alter 9D+2
Control: absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, burst of speed, concentration, control pain, emptiness, enhance attribute, detoxify poison, force of will, hibernation trance, reduce injury, remain conscious, remove fatigue, resist force, resist stun
Sense: combat sense, danger sense, instinctive astrogation, life detection, life sense, magnify senses, merge senses, receptive telepathy, sense force, sense path, sense surroundings, shift sense
Alter: empower force, enlarge force, force push, injure/kill, inspire, kinetic combat, telekinesis
Control and Sense: farseeing, life bond, lightsaber combat, enlighten, perfect telepathy, projective telepathy
Control and Alter: accelerate another’s healing, control another’s pain, detoxify another’s poison, link, mind numbing, remove another’s fatigue, return another to consciousness, transfer force
Sense and Alter: dim another’s senses, lesser force shield, obscure
Control, Sense, and Alter: affect mind, battle meditation, force harmony, projected fighting
Lightsaber Form: Form II: Makashi (Master)
This character is Force-sensitive
Force Points: 13
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 25
Move: 10
Equipment: Jedi robes, jumpsuit, lightsaber (5D damage) (blue)
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an NPC I created to be a re-occurring nemesis for my players.
Unfortunately, the game fizzled out long before we reached this point.

Darth Shrike (“The Impaler”)
Character Type: Dark Lord of the Sith
Sex: Male
Species: Near-Human
Height: 1.9 meters
Weight: 204 lbs
Homeworld: Unknown
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 4D, brawling parry 7D, dodge 8D+1, lightsaber 11D+1, melee combat 8D+2, melee parry 7D, missile weapons 4D, running 6D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 6D+2, bureaucracy 4D, bureaucracy: Sith Empire 6D, cultures 4D, cultures: Sith 6D+1, intimidation 9D, languages 4D, planetary systems 7D, scholar: Sith lore 6D+1, survival 7D+1, tactics 5D, tactics: squads 6D, willpower 4D
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 6D, beast riding 4D, repulsorlift operations 5D+1, sensors 6D+2, space transports 7D, starship gunnery 7D, starship shields 4D+2
PERCEPTION 3D
Bargain 3D+1, command 6D, con 8D, hide 7D, investigation 7D+1, persuasion 4D, search 8D, search: tracking 9D, sneak 6D+2
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 5D, climbing/jumping 7D+2, lifting 6D, stamina 7D
TECHNICAL 3D
Armor repair 4D, first aid 7D+1, lightsaber repair 8D+2, security 5D
Special Abilities:
Force Skills: Control 6D, Sense 5D+1, Alter 6D
Control: absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, burst of speed, channel rage, concentration, control pain, emptiness, enhance attribute, force of will, hibernation trance, rage, remain conscious, remove fatigue, resist stun
Sense: combat sense, danger sense, farseeing, life detection, guided attack, life sense, magnify senses, receptive telepathy, sense Force
Alter: force lightning, force push, kinetic combat, injure/kill, empower force, extend force, repulse, telekinesis
Control and Sense: farseeing, lightsaber combat, projective telepathy
Control and Alter: aura of uneasiness, control another’s pain, electronic manipulation, fear, feed on dark side, force jump, force lightning, inflict pain, transfer Force
Sense and Alter: dim another’s senses, lesser force shield
Control, Sense, and Alter: affect mind, memory wipe, projected fighting, telekinetic kill
Lightsaber Form: Form VII: Juyo (Master)
This character is Force-sensitive
Force Points: 6
Dark Side Points: 11
Character Points: 19
Move: 10
Equipment: Dark robes, two lightsabers (5D damage, crimson in color)
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered if anyone else was reading this. So far the book is looking to me like a 300'ish page commercial for the MMO with the characters being plugs for the various character classes. Despite the obvious marketing, I'm enjoying the read.

After I get a bit further into the story, I'll see if I can offer any suggestions on the characters you posted.
Lando The Archmagi
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be interested in seeing more of this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, finally got the Old Republic myself and I'd love to attempt a book.

If anyone is interested. I can do some leg work with stats, but as for making it 'look' pretty I might need some help with that.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhawk wrote:
Here's an NPC I created to be a re-occurring nemesis for my players...Darth Shrike (“The Impaler”)

I like the idea and I really like the Shrike / "The Impaler" bit. Very Happy I am stealing him.

You definitely need fluff text as to why he got that sobriquet. I'm thinking that (a) he has a signature move where he impales his opponent with his lightsaber (rather than slashing the opponent). Similar to the way that Darth Maul killed Qui-Gonn, (b) he is like Vlad the Impaler and likes torturing his opponents to death on stakes (probably some sort of black Sith alchemical metal that exudes some sort of contact poison that inflicts pain when just touching it, (c) he has a special alter ability that allows him to form spikes out of metal or rock surfaces (think something from Full Metal Alchemist) that he then forces his opponents onto to be impaled - either by forcing them to retreat with lightsaber combat or by using brawling or (most likely) by using Telekinesis to hurl them onto the spikes.

One question: Any particular reason for him having twin lightsabers? Isn't Jar'Kai (two sabers) associated with form VI rather then form VII?

He seems just right for a Dark Sider below the level of Vader. In our universe we have a group of Dark Siders called the Chosen (short for the Emperor's Chosen) who are Dark Side adepts below Vader's power. They are inspired by the Taken in the Glen Cook Black Company stories and like them they are unique, dangerous, and spend far more energy scheming against and one upping each other than anything else.

One criticism, for a Sith Lord his Force skills seem too low.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I would give "The Impaler" a saber staff like Maul. For some reason it just seems appropriate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: