The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making a mental note to keep an eye on the scanners, Bri'tan turns his attention to fixing the sensors. Glancing at Kage, "Well Kage, it looks like the sensors is going to be our next project."
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Looks like an empty pod. I recommend we get into the logs of this vehicle and see if we can figure out when and where it was jettisoned and see if we can get a heading of the main ship. Looking at the size and recency of this impact I would say there is a good chance this could be from our mission objective." He crawls inside to bring up what he can on the computer or look for any other droid or life form hidden within. "Boss, I recommend we keep the others fanning out in the woods and not out he in the open, I don't think we will find any one else related to this in the vicinity but we can't be the only ones looking for this thing."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow
As Nihl begins issuing orders to the other members of the squad, Shadow ducks inside the large escape pod. There are no droids. Shadow moves toward the console to possibly extract some data from the computer, but quickly finds that due to the crash, the computer has been damaged. He is unable to even turn on the console. Frustrated but not totally surprised, Shadow turns to exit the pod. As he does so, something catches the corner of his eye. He notices a foot locker stowed underneath the center chair.

Bri'tan
Bri'tan turns his attention to the sensors, but is unable to immediately shake the feeling that he was being watched. It was possible that someone knew where he and his newly obtained ship were hiding. Somewhat distracted by the thought, Bri'tan begins his work with the sensors (OOC - Any specific actions you want to take with the sensors?)

Daryn
Lurk's only response to Daryn's comment is a suspicious glare at Kron. As the two watch, Kron continues staring off into space and reaches for something in his pocket. He begins to extract what looks like a datacard when the Trandoshan snarls an angry question in his native language. Daryn was unable to translate, but can easily guess what point the Trandoshan was trying to make.

Daevon
Daevon watches intently and is fascinated at how his Master had so easily swayed what he would have said was a strong mind. He also notices that the Trandoshan's attention was no longer on him. Rather, he was trying to talk some sense into his boss. As he does so, Daevon sees the Trandoshan's grip on his blaster relax a bit.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn again makes a miniscule gesture. "If we could conclude this bit of business, I would ask as to the nature of your normal business; as we are concluding a respectable bit of business ourselves, I would be inclined to pass on word of any suitable opportunities to you in the future."

((Concentration, then Affect Mind))
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow reaches down to the footlocker and does a quick check for any boobie traps before attempting to open it. He listens to Nihl's orders to the others and tries to picture the formation they are spreading out to while working on his new discovery.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a deep breath and trying to refocus on the task at hand, he heads to the sensor suite in search of the problem (OOC - Nothing specific, just looking for the source of the problem.) After a few short minutes his paranoia gets the better of him and he decides to run another scan of the local area.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn
Just as Kron is about to reply to his latest statement, Daryn notices a young Bothan male, holding an oversized datapad burst through the swinging doors separating the storage room from the main bar area. As he quickly tries to maneuver his way out from around the bar and towards Kron, the Bothan knocks a tray of glasses onto the floor, causing them to shatter in all directions and making quite a loud interruption. The loud crash causes Kron to blink his eyes and snap his head to the right, while keeping a confused eye on Daryn.

The Bothan slips a bit on the shattered glass, and keeps moving toward Kron. "Sir! Sorry sir, but you have to see this."

Shadow
Shadow does not find any boobie traps and sees that the footlocker is already hanging slightly open, due to the force of the crash. As he listens with one ear, he can hear Nihl order the guys into a standard protective formation around the escape craft - a formation that requires Shadow to cover the North East quadrant. Shadow finds a small but sturdy case inside the footlocker, and just as he grabs the handle of the case and pulls it free, he hears a faint, but familiar sound in the distance.

Bri'tan
Bri'tan slides over to the sensor console and begins running tests, all the while wondering what the heck was going on out there. While not finding anything right away, he decides to run another scan and see what happens. As soon as he initiates the scan, Bri'tan watches as another energy pulse shows a spike on the readout. Bri'tan quickly begins typing away at his keyboard, checking the programming of the sensor program while the results of his scan come back.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn maintains his connection to the Force, trying a different tactic.

((Concentration, then Receptive Telepathy))
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow grabs the case from the inside and quickly separates it from inside the foot locker. He listens to try to identify the sound as it gets slightly louder. He takes one more look around and then takes off out the exit way and moves into cover in the surrounding bushes. "I found a case lodged under one of the seats but otherwise the capsule is empty, I am bringing it with us. I recommend we get some ground between us and this vehicle before someone else starts looking for it and finds us instead." He makes his way out and takes a look to the north east (to where he was suppose to cover) to make sure there is no immediate threat from that region before he stows the case in his backpack and begins to cover the squads movement to the south back toward their ship. "Nothing left here lets get moving."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow
Shadow quickly grabs the case and exits the craft. As he makes his way back up to the top of the small ravine, he hears the distinct sound of a small repulsorlift engine getting closer.

Nihl replies: "Too late. Sounds like we've got incoming. Everyone, take cover!"

Shadow takes a knee behind a large outcropping of vegation nearby and quickly stows the case in his backpack. As he does so, he happens to notice a security pad on the edge of the case.

Daryn
(OOC - Assuming the target of the telepathy was Kron?)
Daryn stretches out with the force and notices that his hold on Kron is slipping. Daryn senses confusion but also an increasing amount of suspicion in the Devaronian.

Daryn watches as the tech shows Kron the datapad. After a moment or two, the connection is lost and Daryn can no longer feel what Kron is thinking. (ooc - really bad roll)

Before Daryn can do much else, Kron curses something in his native tongue and thrusts an accusing finger at Lurk, "So, you planned to swindle me again, eh Urkoloi?"

Daevon
Daevon watches the Rodian bumble his way through the bar area on his way to Kron. Then suddenly, just before Kron begins reading over his datapad, Deavon's newly acquired danger sense kicks into action, alerting him to the fact that danger was imminent.

Bri'tan
Before Bri'tan can finish his work with with the programming on the sensors, his eyes go wide at the results of the scan. What catches his eye in particular is a squadron of fighter-class space craft breaking the atmosphere on a vector toward the village.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn raises an eyebrow quizzically. "Lurk is not in charge here, nor is he trying to swindle you. He is part of my crew, and if I find that he's doing something to sabotage our dealings here, I will deal with him personally," he says, heavily emphasizing the last word. "What has caused you to think he's trying to swindle you?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimacing, "I'm starting to think I'm being underpaid for this job," he mumbles. Bri'tan checks the readout to see if the Greased Nerf sent out a signal again before checking the readout in more detail to determine the type and number of fighters approaching.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dævon whines and raises up onto all fours. He keeps a close eye on the Trandoshan, but also on the bars entrance.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow raises his rifle up and attempts to acquire and target the incoming craft. He slides back as far into the brush as he can to get into a sniper type position and to hide as best he can assuming that the case is what is probably being searched for. If he gets a chance he will continue to slip further into the woods but only when he is sure he will not be spotted. He slows his movements down significantly to remain unnoticed. (Sneak and Search)
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn
Kron narrows his eyes and glares at Daryn. Medallea did not need to be a jedi to read what the Devaronian was thinking. Kron seethes: "What causes me to think that ...je-di... is that a large craft has recently set down nearby and is blocking all communications to and from our location."
Kron pauses and turns his attention to Lurk. "You've tried to screw me one too many times, Urkoloi."
Daryn watches as Kron makes a quick motion with his right hand. This causes the Bothan tech to back away while at the same time, the Trandoshan tenses up and begins raising his weapon.

Daevon
Daevon readies his body for action. In the distance, he can hear the sound of what he thinks is a group of spacecraft approaching. He does not notice anyone enter or leave via the front door and senses no danger from there. Glancing back toward the Trandoshan, Deavon sees the big lizard steady himself and begin raising his weapon.

(OOC - Daryn and Deavon, I will roll initiative for you two and the others in the bar. The clear intent of the Trandoshan is to shoot at Lurk at point-blank range. You each have a split-second to react.)

Bri'tan
The Bith pilot continues his grumbling as he notices that the Nerf did again send out a signal before running the scan. He is fairly certain the programming was not installed properly. But that would have to wait. Bri'tan focuses on the fact that 4 Trade Federation Droid Bombers were vectoring in on the village.

Shadow
Shadow does not move far before two STAPS come into view. The droid operated crafts came buzzing around a bend, following the path of the ravine. Shadow hides himself well and quickly brings up his rifle, realizing that the enemy would be in range in a matter of a few seconds. Shadow also is not entirely sure if the rest of his team was under cover or not.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 35 of 47

Jump to: