The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Isis Coordinates
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Isis Coordinates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McKinley
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: The Isis Coordinates Reply with quote

I was thinking of picking up this Adventure. Has anyone played it? What are your thoughts on it?
Yak Face
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played it LONG ago. I remember it being challenging. Maybe me and my group were just stupid, but there was a timed puzzle that we didn't manage to get done in time. I might not do it with starting characters, but otherwise I think it should be interesting.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I ran this one time all the way back in the old days of 1st edition, circa 1990-91. I remember it being pretty fun. If it's cheap, I say get it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided in some of my games, to start using the pre-made material for my players. I recently ran for my older brother who had made a character a ways back, but hadn't played for some many years. So, to get him used to the system again, I ran him through the Pirates of Prexiar on his veteran character. However, he's playing an Imperial Storm Commando lieutenant who's in charge of a remaining splinter of the Imperial Remnant during the time of the New Republic. His mission, instead of returning stolen cargo, is to effectively hi-jack the pirate corvette, with crew. Considering the fact that his character needed 52 crew members to effectively operate the ship, and only had a squad of 5, none of which were terribly ship savy. He had to figure out a way to coerce the crew into coming on board and flying the ship into imperial space, where it could be commandeered.
However, the player had lost contact with the empire after the battle of endor, and had been operating independently. This was one ship commander's test to find out if these were the sorts who could benefit his war more than just being a destructive squad. Even though the average pirates in the encampment were not terribly difficult if a fight broke out. He needed the ship's operating crew alive, so he had to result to stealth, and intimidation on the command crew. Vangar didn't cooperate, so he was stunned and left on the planet. He managed to intimidate his advisers however, who when snuck onto the bridge of the ship, sounded a raid alarm, which was enhanced by some pyrotechnics which had been set up by one of the other commandos. By the time that the pirate crew realized what was going on, they were in the tractor beam of an ISD III.
A totally underpowered adventure, but the player had a lot of fun, he was challenged because of the mission's parameters.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...An excelllent adventure! Procure it if at all possible!

...It is definitly a module for experienced characters. A LOT of puzzle solving (a good change of pace from blaster-fests, but maintains the excitement!). The ending makes it easy to lead in for another adventure, or several! It's also nice to have the floor plans for the Corellian Gunship!
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got any tips for running this adventure?

I am running it for a couple of clone troopers and a Jedi padawan, so I will be changing out the imps for separatist, I was thinking of changing the survey crew for commando droids?
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember enjoying it as a player.

Complete Starship Construction System
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccatkins wrote:
Has anyone got any tips for running this adventure?

I am running it for a couple of clone troopers and a Jedi padawan, so I will be changing out the imps for separatist, I was thinking of changing the survey crew for commando droids?

...I'd say ditch the commando droids, but that's me. I could see a professional unit working with the CIS--the CIS military wasn't just all-droid--not unlike Stratus' forces on Jabiim. Live opposition, rather than just more droids, lends an unpredictability element to the mission.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Go for it! Reply with quote

I'd highly recommend Isis Coordinates as well- it was my first module after the introductory adventure set. I find that the numerous cut-outs and timed puzzles add spice and variety to the gameplay (though I could see how they'd add frustration if failed- our group's triumphant 5-seconds-to-spare victory may not always be the norm) and it has the opportunity for a lot fo good exploration of environments and fun cat-and-mouse. Probably better for logical/puzzle-solving players- I've run it twice and never had any complaints in that regard. (Heck, I even put the Gutretee and Isis into a fan audio drama...)

That said, I do see a couple of issues in adapting it to the Clone Wars- the cat-and-mouse throughout the ship may be kind of game-play-mechanic broken by a Padawan's life force sense, and the whole nature of a safe-world-that-must-be-protected-at-all-costs dynamic doesn't exist so much in a Republic/CIS war where the two sides are equally matched and a fleet could be defending the planet... but that's nothing that a creative gamemaster couldn't get around.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The group i was in when we played this BITD was mostly smugglers and scoundrels... so we were very well matched up.. BUT even with that we struggled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: