The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Cybernetics...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Cybernetics... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
thedemonapostle wrote:
garhkal wrote:

So what does it take to die?? 20+ over soak? 50 over?

typically if the downed character takes more damage the resist the new damage normally at an increased difficulty of -25% strength the first time. with a compounding 25% penalty to strength for each successive time they take damage.

but in order to stay alive should they take another killing wound, their stamina difficulty is the first 16+ damage received plus the second 16+ damage plus the damage incurred from being down for x rounds. even that barabel from before with the 5D strength and 5D stamina would require character points and/or a force point at this point to succeed at a stamina difficulty of 33+ just to stay alive.

so yes my way give characters another way to stay alive without the force/fate/whatever stepping in to save whomever. but its more like a one shot deal to keep one with no character points and no force points alive.

granted this makes it more difficult on the gm, but it gives characters, not generic npc's, a slightly better survivability rate.

Do those stamina checks get penalized any D from being at the killed level? Since wounds give -1d per, what would the - be for "dead'?? 3d? 5d?

yes....

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what D value is equal to being "Dead'?
Mortally wounded?
Incap?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So what D value is equal to being "Dead'?
Mortally wounded?
Incap?

My thoughts would be since Wound is -1D, and there is D6 Source material (I forget where I saw it) that puts incapacitate at -3D* for someone who remains standing somehow, I would put Mortal Wound at a -4D to -5D, so Dead would have to be -6D or greater I feel.

*I do believe it was one of the D6 Core Edition books, along with the rules for Guts checks to remain standing, and so is not an official Star Wars rule. I am unsure though.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice rundown.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I double checked, it was the 3-Genre Core Edition D6 books. I am unsure if the freely distributable editions are the same, but in the Hardcover printed edition of D6 Space, on page 76, in the capsule it mentions a moderate Stamina roll to stay consious when incapacited, but all actions are -3D. No chance to stay up, or Die Code penalty is given for Mortal Wound. I beleive it was my groups house ruling that called it Guts Check inspired by a popular video game, and expanded on it to allow a Mortally Wounded charter to stay up (though still slowly bleeding to death) with a Difficult Stamina roll, but Suffer -4D. We also added an Easy Guts checked for stunned* and wounded to avoid losing your actions in the round you were hit, but suffered an extra -1D in addition to the stun or wound for that round only.

*2nd Edition and 2nd Edition Revised & Expanded changed this so that characters do not lose their actions the round they are stunned - I have kept this from first edition as it feels "right".
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since that stamina check is an actual action, would that not get another -1d penalty for being an additional action on top of the wound penalties??
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Since that stamina check is an actual action, would that not get another -1d penalty for being an additional action on top of the wound penalties??

I would rule things like Stamina Checks (and Willpower checks, and certain similar rolls) would fall under the guidelines of what are described as Free Actions normally - so while they would be affected by wound and stun, they would not be affected by MAPs in my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: