The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Darkstryder Campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Darkstryder Campaign Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Tolval
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in that manual too.

I have ran the whole campaign. Though this was for my Imperial group so I had to change the setup of the campaign. I had this campaign be the start of a new faction of Imperials led by the NPC over the players. The NPC Captain made a deal with some Moffs to use the players (which were all of his forces, 5 total at the start) to breach the shields of Kal'Shebbol for the fleet that was going to attack it. In exchange, he gets a capital ship. Up to this time, their main ship was the smuggler's HT-2200 Medium Frieghter. I used the opening story as an adventure which led up to the players getting the Farstar, which they changed the name back to its Imperial name, the Renegade. Also, they were to track down the renegade New Republic Governor Sarne. I gave the players command of the Renegade with the Smuggler as its CO with Cmdr. rank. The ISB agent was 2nd officer at Major rank. And the TIE fighter pilot was CAG with Lt. rank.
I ran the campaign pretty much like the modules but switching New Republic and Empire when needed. The players love it. You can always tell when players love a game or campaign when they started hating the villians in real life. On New Years Eve '98/99, they had me run Star Wars all night long until they could kill Sarne. When they finally got him at 6am, it was like a celebration. The emotions swept through the room. After that, the captain became an admiral and the players all got rank increases. We used the contacts developed in the campaign to start the Kathol faction of the Empire. That was a start of rebuilding the Empire. A couple of us will still send ideas and notices on what the characters are doing and how the faction is growing.
Admiral Tolval
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Nico, if you havn't bought the Darkstryder books for $20 each, I'll sell you mine for $19 each. Smile
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Qektoth Confederation Space Station - Scale Problem? Reply with quote

In "The Kathol Outback" supplement, on Page 62, there is a map of 3 levels of the Qekoth Confederation Space Station. Supposedly the Aegis Combat Shuttle is supposed to land in one of the docking bays. Based on the apparent scale of the "Typical Science Lab" level (bottom-most map), using the chairs and tables as a metric, it looks to me like the radius of this cylindrical space station is at most 15 meters. How the heck is the Aegis shuttle, 29 meters in length, supposed to dock in one of the four hangars depicted in the top-most map?

Also, I'm confused as to the use of the Paravacc vaccine (Page 54). Can it be used to resist the affect of the biochemical agent that the FarStar crew was exposed to? I haven't read through all the Darkstryder materials yet, so maybe that will be explained in the future. Thanks!
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admiral Tolval wrote:
BTW Nico, if you havn't bought the Darkstryder books for $20 each, I'll sell you mine for $19 each. Smile

Sorry, missed that.

If that includes shipping to Spain I may take it Wink.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, the group and I are getting ready to run this adventure. Obviously, with so many pre-generated characters and a command crew of 10 or so, the players can't use all the characters. My question is, are there any particular characters that really should be pc and not left as an npc?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: