The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

LA Area Group LFM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> LA Area Group LFM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: LA Area Group LFM Reply with quote

SW group currently meeting in Pasadena, CA looking for more players to fill out the rolls.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would almost be worth moving to Pasadena for the sunshine, proximity to the Pacific, and a good D6 game.
MattMartin23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: LA Area Group LFM Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
SW group currently meeting in Pasadena, CA looking for more players to fill out the rolls.

Hi Brain,

I live in Redondo Beach and currently run a Star Wars D6 RPG. I am 36 and have been gaming Star Wars casually since 1993 (19 years, crazy!) I have 3 players at the present time. Not sure if I'll be able to make it out to Pasadena though. Could happen. Still think it is good that we touch base since we live so close.

Best,
Matt Martin
Dasmart88
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Anaheim, CA. Kind of a drive from Redondo Beach and Pasadena though, but still interested in possibly meeting up.
MattMartin23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dasmart88 wrote:
I live in Anaheim, CA. Kind of a drive from Redondo Beach and Pasadena though, but still interested in possibly meeting up.

Sounds cool. How long have you been gaming Star Wars RPG. I am 36 and started as an incoming Senior in High School. Been gaming ever since I was 12 though. Started out with TMNT Paladium and did Heroes and Legends, Marvel, DC and Advanced Recon before moving on to Star Wars, D&D, Cyberpunk, Vampyre the Masquerade, Robotech, and Rifts.

Guess you can say I'm a fairly well-rounded experienced gamer. Star Wars is of course my favorite. I enjoy the environment of Lucas' world more than any other RPG. We have been gaming the current campaign now since February of this year. We have run 5 sessions so far and are working on #6 this Sunday from 2-7 PM.

You are welcome of join in if interested.

Matt M
Dasmart88
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played back in the late 90's early 2000's between 9 yrs old to probably about 12 or 13. I'm 23 now and have been wanting to get back into Star Wars D6 ever since. I especially enjoy the Rebellion/Empire Era of Episodes IV-VI.

I have the Star Wars 2nd Edition Revised and Expanded book along with a small number of source books.

I play D&D with a local group and am currently DMing a campaign. For a couple weeks, when we couldn't play D&D due to a player's absence, I suggested we try the Star Wars D6 game and the players loved it, but I think they like D&D, the minis, and the D20 system too much to officially switch over.

Unfortunately, I can't make this Sunday due to work, but please keep updating here for future games. I'm really interested in playing again.
MattMartin23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dasmart88 wrote:
I played back in the late 90's early 2000's between 9 yrs old to probably about 12 or 13. I'm 23 now and have been wanting to get back into Star Wars D6 ever since. I especially enjoy the Rebellion/Empire Era of Episodes IV-VI.

I have the Star Wars 2nd Edition Revised and Expanded book along with a small number of source books.

I play D&D with a local group and am currently DMing a campaign. For a couple weeks, when we couldn't play D&D due to a player's absence, I suggested we try the Star Wars D6 game and the players loved it, but I think they like D&D, the minis, and the D20 system too much to officially switch over.

Unfortunately, I can't make this Sunday due to work, but please keep updating here for future games. I'm really interested in playing again.

Very cool. We use the Revised 2nd Edition Sourcebook as well. The game has been fun. Now worries, we will probably game again on August 18 or 19th. The PCs are a bounty hunter (who works for the Rebellion, Empire or whoever offers the most money but is honor bound and generally does heroic things), a defected Imperial Officer turned fugitive turned Jedi in training, and a doctor who specializes in cybernetics. The Jedi in training is motivated to find, confront and kill his father, a failed Sith Lord who raped his mother to conceive him. The story arc is two-fold: On the one hand, the Jedi in training has no ship and as a defected Imperial he is a wanted man so he stays with the bounty hunter on his missions. Thus a major hand in the game is the bounty hunter's choosing of his bounties. The other part of the story arc involves the Jedi in training's search for clues to the Sith Lord's whereabouts and the trials and encounters he engages in to lead him in his path to become a Jedi or fail to become a Jedi.

The NPCs are 1.) the astromech of the bounty hunter (a droid who once served as the astrodroid for an unnamed Jedi Master during the Clone Wars), 2.) A Wookiee who started off as a henchmen of a crimelord that turned on his bosses. 3.) 4 Twi'Leks - 2 men (one strong,fearless,good with blaster,the other timid and good with technical stuff), 1 woman (good with blaster,scirmishes and gambling), 1 child each with distinct personalities. 4.) A human slavegirl that the bounty hunter freed from captivity and is training her to be his apprentice/assistant. 5.) The girlfriend of the Jedi in Training, an Imperial Loyalist who is freightened of,yet feels protected by the Force. These NPCs serve as the crew for the bounty hunter and usually one or two assist him on-world with his investigations and bounty hunting.

Best,

Matt M
Dasmart88
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow it sounds like you guys have a solid group! The number of NPC's is staggering, I don't know how you can manage it all ahah. Do you control all of the NPC's?

A few quick questions. Do your PC's have a ship already? Do the NPC's have their own motivations or are they just tagging along? Are your PC's "good" guys or "bad guys?" And does your game setting have a dark and serious or a light and humorous theme, or possibly a mixture?

For the longest time I have been wanting to play as a sort of MacGyver type of smuggler who focuses on street smarts, bargaining, and mechanical/technical skills (i.e. starship/space transports repair, droid repair/programming, possibly shipjacking Wink etc.) I haven't thought of a background, but maybe he's a Star Wars-MIT-equivalent dropout?

Here's a picture just to give you an idea:

Any room for someone like this in your group? Or do you have planned PC's for everyone already? I can't guarantee that I can make it this 18th or 19th due to a new job that I've just started but when you pick a date let me know and I'll do my best to join in!
MattMartin23
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dasmart88 wrote:
Wow it sounds like you guys have a solid group! The number of NPC's is staggering, I don't know how you can manage it all ahah. Do you control all of the NPC's?

A few quick questions. Do your PC's have a ship already? Do the NPC's have their own motivations or are they just tagging along? Are your PC's "good" guys or "bad guys?" And does your game setting have a dark and serious or a light and humorous theme, or possibly a mixture?

For the longest time I have been wanting to play as a sort of MacGyver type of smuggler who focuses on street smarts, bargaining, and mechanical/technical skills (i.e. starship/space transports repair, droid repair/programming, possibly shipjacking Wink etc.) I haven't thought of a background, but maybe he's a Star Wars-MIT-equivalent dropout?

Here's a picture just to give you an idea:

Any room for someone like this in your group? Or do you have planned PC's for everyone already? I can't guarantee that I can make it this 18th or 19th due to a new job that I've just started but when you pick a date let me know and I'll do my best to join in!

Yes I control all of the NPCs. The NPCs for now are tagging along but some of them have hidden and expressed motivations within reason. Clearly the 9 year old Twi'Lek is too young to have any motivations. The others are more maleable with the direction of the plot. The game is a mixture of dark and humorous in tone.

I like your character concept. There is room for a character like this in my group. I allowed the PCs to make up their own characters and set up their introduction a la Luke and Han... One needed a ship one had a ship, just worked out that way. Feel free to make your own character using the 2nd Edition D6 RPG Book with 500 character points for spend.

If you need assistance with the dice pool we can generate the character together. A little about you: So what's your real name? Did you grow up in CA? Did you go to high school or are in college here? What do you do for a living? A little about me: I am Matt Martin, born in Kansas, grew up in CA from 12 on. Went to Westlake High School, Cal State Dominguez Hills and an in accounting. I am married, 9 years have a 13 yr old daughter.

MM
Dasmart88
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll PM you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: