The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Old Republic/Rise of the Empire Campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Old Republic/Rise of the Empire Campaign Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jas378 wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:
Jas378 wrote:
I'm going to anyways. <.<

Since the majority of my PC's are leaning towards the more "criminal elements" of the galaxy, I was going to have a thread dealing with a few of them rising through the ranks of Black Sun... except one of them (due to an earlier capture and interrogation) is a mole for some new enforcement agency. Thoughts and ideas?

For this kind of situation, you can actually pull a lot of inspiration from video games and movies. Game series like Saints Row & Grand Theft Auto have a lot of great ideas in them. And movies like Suicide Kings, The Godfather, Payback, & Scarface have a lot of ideas as well.

As for an actual story, my first thought was to put them in a position where they are asked to take over a neighborhood/area for Black Sun. Once they accomplish this (By dealing with whatever small group had set up shop there.) the person who employed them for the job sees their value and offers them one of two things. Either they are given the oppertunity to take over that area, running it as their own little crime empire so long as they work with the local Black Sun elements. Or the person who had employed them decides that they have a skill set that can be made use of, choosing to employ them as "trouble consultants" to deal with any problems he has (Both real and perceived.) Both options would give the characters a lot of pertunity to gain a lot of influence in the underworld.

That could really work. You might know, I'm using the Saga Edition, and I have the Force Unleashed guide which includes some fantastic rules for organizations (in particular, rising up through the ranks of the Black Sun). So that there would really tie in well. Smile

Yeah, I kind of figured that you were playing the d20 version of the game when you were talking about character levels.

As for the stormtrooper armor, you could always let him keep the stats but subtly change the armor's appearance so it will fit the pre Clone Wars/Empire setting. (Color, material, and some design changes to the helmet/visor come to mind. When all else fails, improvize!) This allows the character to keep what was bought without it "looking" out of place in game.

For the "Final Showdown" approach, if you dont want to, you can probably get away with not killing the Jedi. After all, a some force users went to ground and were able to survive the purge. Being associated with Black Sun (Even if their original intent was to bring down the organization or something like that) would give them a good place to "hide" in plan sight.

Crell has a good point as well. If you can find the old Darth Maul comics, there is a lot of good fodder in there that you might be able to work into your story (Either directly or indirectly). How would the characters react if they were supposed to attend that fateful meeting but didnt make it? Or maybe their boss was at that meeting, and now they are dealing with a power struggle between themselves and several of their boss' head people?
Jas378
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to have my the Senate takeover occur at the same time as the meeting where Maul gets to massacre the leaders of the Black Sun, effectively making it a series of many smaller crime organizations. The PC's can morph whatever they already control and expand it, and I can throw a few more interesting adventures at them. Fast forward several years, and there will be a few adventures leading into the Clone Wars (maybe a scouting mission on Geonosis where they happen to be caught or end up aiding the CIS).

If they choose to join or aid the Republic I was thinking of using Kota's Militia during the Clone Wars. Anyone have any unique ideas I could use for the Clone Wars other than battlefields and infiltration missions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: