The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

RPing a Falleen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> RPing a Falleen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWorm
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: RPing a Falleen Reply with quote

Hey...I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks, but I have been playing Star Wars D6 since the first day it hit the shelves of our local hobby shop. We are old men now, my core group and I, and we are looking for something familiar to play- hence WEG's Star Wars. It is my first game in a while, and we are of course making new characters.

I am making a Falleen Male (0-1 BBY), who was one of the few that did not rush back to protect the home world. He is a Fixer/Old Soldier type, who has a huge chip on his shoulder about being abandoned by the early Rebellion, but will begrudgingly take paying gigs from them. Anyway...while our group are not too serious about RPing our character 100% of the time, I have an embarrassing tendency to try and make a unique voice for my character. I find it helps me think about the game and it does help the GM know that what I am saying is IC. We do not require that all players act out persuasive interactions (still use dice for that), but the difficulty will get eased a bit if we manage to come up with an excellent IC interaction. As such I want to create a decent voice for him.

I realize that there is probably no canon indication of what a Falleen voice might sound like, but when you think of them what kind of voice do you hear? (I was thinking about a high-ish Russian accent (or my version of one). I have never read any fiction that had Falleen characters.)

Any other tips about RPing Falleen?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadows of the Empire of course comes to mind, and I always imagined Xizor as having a deeper suave voice, though that was more particular to him than it would be to a fixer. Though with their general charismatic nature, I kind of image a smooth sounding voice. However, I never really had any particular accent come to mind.

Anyway, it's good to hear that someone else has particular voices they attach to their characters. It's something that I often do as well. Of course, the reason why my kids love it when I'm reading stories to them is because all the characters have unique voices.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with cheshire - always heard him with a smooth talker cadence to his voice. No particular accent, but always smooth in his words, speaking slow and clearly. very articulate.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with Sean Connery's character from Hunt from Red October..
DrWorm
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I will go for a deeper voice.

Okay, couple more:
1) Falleen are very "attractive", even to other species, but would they partake in regular "relations" with other human-ish species genuinely, or would it likely be for political or power need?

2) How old would you say a Falleen would be if they were starting to feel their age (ie 50 for humans)? How old are they when they reach the equivalent of the "age of consent"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: