The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

[Off-Site] Recruiting For Game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> [Off-Site] Recruiting For Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Flight
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: [Off-Site] Recruiting For Game Reply with quote

Hello Guys and Gals,

I'm starting a play-by-post game on my little site. It's called Tales of the Smoking Blaster, which was an adventure published by WEG. I will be using Second Edition/Revised & Expanded. I am looking for 4-6 players. The game takes place in the Rebellion Era, approximate one year after the Battle of Yavin. The characters are members of a ship's crew who get stuck between an asteroid and a hard place after their cargo is stolen.

Here's the recruitment thread.

Thanks for looking!

EF

Last edited by Endless Flight on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Endless Flight
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am restarting this game and am looking for 4-6 players. If you are interested, visit the link in my first post. Thanks!
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with that forum down, this looks like as good a place as any to regroup. I hope the forum data has been saved. It would really bite having to reconstitute everything.
Blue Glowie
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmmm... Assuming he resurfaces...
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Glowie wrote:
Hrmmm... Assuming he resurfaces...

True that - by the way, I sent you a PM. I want to make sure that the three of us players stay in touch.

At the risk of sounding like a vulture, I am of a mind of recruiting for my PbEM game, if we can't get Endless Flight back.

It's a little different than the PbP games here. In my set-up, the player's interface with the game is on a custom web-page that maintains the character sheet, relevant information, maps and, most importantly, the character's story. The story is a more cohesive story in that it's not separated by different people's forum posts, but one straight narrative. It's also more personal in that it is purely the story from each character's point of view, and the players are not privy to one anothers' stories. Also, it's difficult to tell who is playing what character in the game, or even if any particular character in the game is a PC or NPC.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Hasselstein wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a vulture, I am of a mind of recruiting for my PbEM game, if we can't get Endless Flight back.

It's a little different than the PbP games here. In my set-up, the player's interface with the game is on a custom web-page that maintains the character sheet, relevant information, maps and, most importantly, the character's story. The story is a more cohesive story in that it's not separated by different people's forum posts, but one straight narrative. It's also more personal in that it is purely the story from each character's point of view, and the players are not privy to one anothers' stories. Also, it's difficult to tell who is playing what character in the game, or even if any particular character in the game is a PC or NPC.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Sorry to butt in, but I really like the sound of this idea. The only problem I see with that is that you would lose the camaraderie between players because of the disconnect, would you not? To me that could end up being detrimental. With that caveat, though, I still like the idea and would be interested in playing, depending on the setting and such, and when you were looking to start it up. If you're opening it up to "outside" players, that is.
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias777 wrote:
Sorry to butt in, but I really like the sound of this idea. The only problem I see with that is that you would lose the camaraderie between players because of the disconnect, would you not? To me that could end up being detrimental. With that caveat, though, I still like the idea and would be interested in playing, depending on the setting and such, and when you were looking to start it up. If you're opening it up to "outside" players, that is.

You are absolutely correct about the camaraderie angle, and that is definitely a loss. The gain is the ability to have more intrigue and see the galaxy from a more realistically myopic angle.

Like anything, it's a trade-off.

Given many of the advantages, and the ability to play in other types of games to get the kicks you miss, it is worth it.

I'll PM you.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Hasselstein wrote:
You are absolutely correct about the camaraderie angle, and that is definitely a loss. The gain is the ability to have more intrigue and see the galaxy from a more realistically myopic angle.

Like anything, it's a trade-off.

Given many of the advantages, and the ability to play in other types of games to get the kicks you miss, it is worth it.

I'll PM you.

I agree with you there. The way I look at it, every other game I've ever played has had the camaraderie, but has been saddled with the drawback of not being as immersive or, as you so accurately put it, realistically myopic. I'd love to switch that up at least once.
rredmond
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to PM you guys, but I don't know how to send to multiple addresses, so I figured I'd bump with this thread looking for players:

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4097

Good luck either way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: