The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi business
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Jedi business Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny helps Rownn up as best he can "What happened?"

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a groan, Rownn gets back to his feet with Tiny's help. He lets out a sigh, "I know I should be able to sense the world around me, but, it's just not working..."

Setting his jaw he again tries to sense the currents and eddies of the Force as it flows around him and around/through the planet all around, but it all seems like one nearly uniform sea to his mind, obscuring what he knows he must be able to sense... He should be able to sense more than just Tiny and Master Sabatyne, but it's not getting through. Overtired and getting frustrated, he grunts to Tiny, "C'mon... and begins stumbling again into the early morning twilight.

After about half an hour of stumbling, stubbed toes and knees, they're far from the camp, and Rownn's frustration is mounting. Moments later he stops in his tracks and issues a powerful roar into the trees, releasing some of his tensions. Rownn smacks the trunk of a nearby tree, growling, "I can't do this!", ripping the blindfold off his eyes.

He looks around in frustration, his eyes landing on Tiny. he looks at Tiny a moment before rubbing his eyes, "Sorry..."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny shrugs "You roared, it'ff not like you ripped the life out of one of your friendff and uffed it to make a weapon."

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn's posture relaxes and he gives a single laugh, "Good point."
He looks at the blindfold in his hand, and lets out an exaggerated breath, "Let's just get some food." He moves on, continuing the hunt, unhindered.

*OOC - taking a liberty that we succeed...

Rownn returns to the camp, with Tiny, carrying back some prey. He drops it next to Saba and quietly states, "I failed." He turns and steps towards the toppled woodpile, sits and begins restacking.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The duo easily hunt down their prey: a sort of wild boar, but much smaller then the last one they found. Enough for the trio to eat easily.

Saba grabs Rownn's arm and forces him to the ground in front her her as he turns around derjected <<Sit, talk. Explain what you tried, and why it failed.>>

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deflating, Rownn nods to Master Sabatyne, "I know this should be possible, and I should have been able to sense the world through the Force, but, I just couldn't. I could sense you, I could sense Tiny, and I could sense the Force flowing about me, but I couldn't see through it, it was like a uniform blanket with slight ripples… I couldn't make them make sense, couldn't identify the objects, plants and animals as they affected the Force flowing through and around them."
He looks to the side, "I was able to enhance my other senses, and I could see, hear and smell everything around me, and I'd hoped to use echoes a little like a sonar to see the forest, but, I couldn't make any sense of the sounds, and I was just as blind as if I had my regular senses." He looks back to Saba, "Maybe it's just that I'm tired, I'm having a hard time concentrating, and I lost my temper out there. I know it's possible, but I just couldn't concentrate on the flow of the Force!"

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She smiles a sharp toothy grin and says <<Finally, we have got you to the limit of your current abilities.  How you increase muscles is by pushing them pass their limits, then allowing them to heal.  When the heal they become stronger>>  She switches to common noting that Rownn is having a hard enough time concentrating on her words "You want to reach thiz point during your training zezzionz when I am not around.  You are able to look into the mind of thoez around you.  Look into Tiny'z mind and focuz on hiz image prozezzing zenterz.  You will be able to, just barley, zee out of hiz eyez."

Rownn complies, and with much difficulty due to his now pounding headache is just barely able to perceive what Tiny is seeing.  By no means is it perfect, almost as if you are looking through lightly frosted glass.  But enough to see vague shapes.  Rownn expects he would have still tripped had he done this, but not quite as much."

She continues "You alzo zaid you were able to enhanze your zenzez.  Did you know that if you concentration you can alter the zpectrum in which you are able to perceive.  Not all radiation is blocked by the blind fold, zimply zhift your perzeption to zee through it."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn looks at Saba, taking in her words, and the experience of seeing through Tiny's eyes, "I did consider trying to use Tiny's mind to see, though not directly through his eyes... but I felt that would be cheating the exercise, and that I should use only my own capabilities. I suppose there are no rules, though, are there?" His expression turns searching, "I have heard of Jedi sensing in other spectra, or detecting things they normally shouldn't, but, I don't know how to make that happen yet. I yet have much to learn."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She nods and says "Indeed, I zet fourth no rulez except wearing it on your eyez. Relax, eat. I zenze we would be here all day were you to ztack the wood onze more before we eat." She moves to the meat and helps cut off pieces for Tiny while enjoying the meal herself.

ooc: last chance for any Tiny / Rownn comments - once you finish breakfast, you will go for another long run back to the location which you were dropped off and then back to the space ship and then off to another sector. There will be a chance for more Saba interaction, but will be locking this thread Friday when i move the main IC topic forward.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny eats in silence for a moment then asks "Iffn't entering ffomeone'ff mind wrong?"

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn slowly shifts, moving over to the boar and begins to eat too, the taste of blood informing him of just how hungry he's become since they last ate beside the lake. He lets his mind clear, his awareness primarily upon the primal joy of eating something he's killed. When he's had his fill, Rownn leans back to feel the rays of the morning sun upon his face, allowing his eyes to close for a moment as the food settles in his stomach. He opens his eyes and moves down to clean up in the lake before returning and beginning to stack the wood again.

Esoomian wrote:
Tiny eats in silence for a moment then asks "Iffn't entering ffomeone'ff mind wrong?"
OOC - same time posting... insert reply in the midst of eating...

Rownn looks to Tiny, and is quiet for a second before responding, "It can be, yes, particularly without permission... there are circumstances in which it is acceptable, however. If you have felt violated, I offer an apology."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny shakes his head. "It'ff fine I jufft need to be ffure in my head where the line lies."

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I won't be probing into your mind for information, nor controlling your thoughts... not without permission, or making it obvious that it is my intent. You're as free a being as the law allows, and I won't be the one to change that."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm jufft glad I can't do that. Ffeemff pretty obviouff when I'm uffing the darkneff ffo everyone can ffee that iff what iff happening."

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trio finish up their meal then wash off with a quick swim. Saba, with the aid of the Force, moves water to the fire to put it out safely. Once finished Rownn moves to start stacking the fire wood when Saba says "Ok, we will run back to the landing zone to meet our ride back to the zhip. You may zwing through the treez above uz."

The trio set off at a quick pace. Tiny quickly determines that with his bad arm he has to run at a slower pace, which is fortuitous as Rownn is moving a bit slower through the treetops. They dont make as quick time as before, but arrive there with a few moments to spare before the shuttle starts coming down to pick them up. Rownn is quite winded again, his heart beating furiously at him. Tiny is feeling just fine, as is Saba.

"How did your little camping trip go?" the pilot asks as you climb on board "Well thankz" Saba replies "At a lake about 5 kilometers zouth eazt from here there iz a large pile of firewood ready to be uzed zhould another wizh to zpend the night down here. Be warned, there are large predatorz in theze woodz" as she sits down and straps herself in.

The shuttle takes them up to the hangar bay, Rownn seeing the chrono on the wall notes that his next shuttle is leaving in about 45 minutes.

As they land the pilot says "May the Force be with you" as you dis-embark.

Saba walks toward another shuttle and says "Tiny, it waz nice to meet you. Remember to work hard with Rownn, liztening to what he haz to zay. Padawan Rownn, continue practicing your new abilities until they are zecond nature. Reach out to me when and if you can if you require aid, I will attempt to come to help if it iz within my power."

ooc: any final words/questions for Saba? if not you can head to your bunks to grab your gear - the IC post will take over from that point where you go to the shuttle. Once you both post going to your chambers and packing ill lock up this thread. Note: Tiny's arm is still broken, but you do not have time to stop by the Med bay before you have to catch your next shuttle. Rownn knows that Zinn should be able to deal with the wound, as he has been present for all of Zinn's training sessions with Rylah.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: