The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

DSP for teacher-student relationship
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> DSP for teacher-student relationship Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
And how high are you going to raise the DSP total to before someone turns?

I'm not quite sure. I might not use a fixed total, but link it to how badly you d against you DSP total. Using DSPs as the difficulty appeals to me. Guys with higher Will rolls can rack up more DSPs and last a little longer, but they will also be digging themselves into a bigger pit. I was thinking of having DSPs act as a penalty to Will rolls to avoid taking the easy way out when the PC gets emotional.

I'm trying to make the dark side quicker (I let DSPs can reduce the CP requirements some)

Easier (because you call call on it, and now not worry about turning dark just for doing so. Of course what you do when you use that free FP might turn you).

And more seductive (by slowing down the rolsl for turning, allowing for short term lapses, an rasing the DSP threshold it should seem quick as bad as before. All the better to turn Jedi with).
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what.. like i have a -4 to willpower rolls per dsp?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lurker wrote:
What about a master passing off at least some of the taint through their teaching ????

That said all of Bren's point are good reason not to swamp the character with DSP. However like he says DSP in training (both student and/or teacher) should be insidious. A DP may be to harsh, but what about a pip every once in a while?

I dont have a clear cut system, its more of a 'on the fly' system.

A master who traints a DSP student gets one himself for 'aiding' the Dark Side.

A student training under a master with DSPs may get tainted. I see DSPs as a gradual shift in perpective towards the Dark Side. So, you teach the Force according to the perspective of your current DSP level. This is obviously not a good thing for the (light side) student if you have several DSPs. He will get taught something that is not truly the 'Jedi Way' but something else. The difference depends on the number of DSPs.

This is done with either Control Rolls, or Willpower rolls. No hard rules but depending on intent of both Master and Student..

Of course, as a GM I dont 'ambush' my players if they are looking for teachers. They might not be able to Sense any DSPs, but I leave enough hints at the initial training hours..(while they may still back down).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: