The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - OOC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246, 247  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCorellon wrote:
So how long are we staying? Seems like we could get the ship up to spec in about 4 days, 3 if we push it. My opinion is to let the armour slide, and fix up the maneuverability, shields, and concealed space. Then we'll be done in about 3 shifts if nothing goes wrong.

I have no idea how long it will take to build a prosthetic from scratch. I imagine it would take about a day to research and develop a working prototype, 'cause that's not something Takii has any particular experience with.

If all I have to do is attach the prosthetic, it will probably take about 3-5 hours, or about half a day, in surgery. I think he'd probably be recovered from the procedure by the next day.
(I am assuming that you actually want the prosthetic attached to the residual limb with surgery. If it's the kind of prosthetic that you just sort of 'wear' strapped in place, it will be much simpler but less durable.)

Also, I just realized you are a bit over-zealous in your repair estimates

Quote:
You have 15% of the ships value in spare parts

Maneuverability - 10% repair cost - 6 hours
Space - 10% repair cost - 12 hours
Shields - 5% repair cost - 5 hours
Armor - you have the ability to improve it by +1 with your spare parts, - 8 hours

You dont have enough parts to repair everything, and if anything else breaks you will have nothign to fix it with.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if you will let us get away with it or not, but I've got a few ideas for how to get some additional components for repairs.

Keeping in mind that Anala dosnt know enough about starships to suggest ANY of this, but there are some tech savy members of the group that would likely think of most, if not all of these given a few minutes to think about it.

Are there any non-essential systems that could be canabalized for additional parts? Cargo bay climate controls? (Dont vent it to vacuum, but heating/cooling/humidity controlls may be accessable.) Extra ship's quarters that can be gutted for wiring? On board elevators where a ladder will do? The backup hyperdrive is offline, since we cant use it, maybe we can pull some additional parts from there? Pulling some of the ships lighting could gain some basic components as well, but we would have to be careful not to leave the interior too dimn to safely move about the ship. Thats all that comes to mind, but there are likely other systems that could yield some additional resources.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we're flying -

I would guess that the bunks don't have independent environmental controls, there's no cargo bay (Cargo Capacity is less than 3 people's worth of weight)... I'd wager that most important repairs would require system specific parts, or more than basic wiring and similar components.
Of course, yeah, the backup hyperdrive could be a treasure trove of spare parts. But, other wiring is generally pretty conservative in ship design; lots of systems to run, with little space to pack it all in to... they don't tend to have much extra.

It's actually WAY more heavy duty than I'd have expected for the mission... even in disrepair it's kind of a force to be reckoned with.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Are there any non-essential systems that could be canabalized for additional parts? Cargo bay climate controls? (Dont vent it to vacuum, but heating/cooling/humidity controlls may be accessable.) Extra ship's quarters that can be gutted for wiring? On board elevators where a ladder will do? The backup hyperdrive is offline, since we cant use it, maybe we can pull some additional parts from there? Pulling some of the ships lighting could gain some basic components as well, but we would have to be careful not to leave the interior too dimn to safely move about the ship. Thats all that comes to mind, but there are likely other systems that could yield some additional resources.

Will short-cut this discussion and say no, you cant canabliaze one system without imposing a penalty on another system. EG: might let you swap out space for maneuverability or something like that. But lights filaments will not fix a hyperdrive, air scrubbers will not fix shields.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the busted backup hyperdrive can still be used as spare parts for the existing hyperdrive right?

Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:

Will short-cut this discussion and say no, you cant canabliaze one system without imposing a penalty on another system. EG: might let you swap out space for maneuverability or something like that. But lights filaments will not fix a hyperdrive, air scrubbers will not fix shields.

It was just a stray thught that I had. I wasnt sure if you would allow it, or even if the crew would be interested in making those kinds of changes for that matter.

Sounds fair. being able to make trade offs like that might be useful if any of our pilots/techs think it would be useful.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
But the busted backup hyperdrive can still be used as spare parts for the existing hyperdrive right?

Potentially - would be a case by case basis.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, if the reason the old hyperdrive doesn't work is that we have a faulty motivator and the motivator goes on the new one then we probably can't fix it.

DarkCorellon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say 'Takli,' are you talking about my character? His name is Takii, with two 'i's.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my bad.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I was making the same mistake. Thanks for pointing out the correction.
DarkCorellon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, guys. I'm still trying to decide how it is actually pronounced.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there guns that Tiny can use for the test with Rownn or does Tiny just watch?

He's not much good with a blaster anyway so he might miss and hit someone if he takes part in the live fire exercise.

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HC, I'll write up the info about Chalkazza soon... just haven't really been at my computer much the past several days.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 245 of 247

Jump to: