The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Separatist Heroes ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Separatist Heroes ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Separatist Heroes ? Reply with quote

From the Revenge of the Sith, in the intro there is the line “There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere”.

It is self evident where the evil is. However what about the ‘heroes’ on the separatist side?

Who/what would a truly good guy (hero) be like on the separatist side? What would they be doing?

Would they be good guys (possibly good grey Jedi) that sees the hidden evil in the Republic becoming the Empire ?

Would it be a statesman that just can’t stomach the growing powers of Palpatine?

Would it be a Republican warrior who witnesses the atrocities of other republic forces (that are blamed on the separatists)

That said, how would any of them stomach working with the Trade federation &/or Count Dooku?

What are the templates you’d use for this. Also what are the changes you’d need to make for them from RAW? – Take it a step further, do you have any PC/NPCs that fit that bill?

Sorry about the ‘rambling’ focus of this question/post … We are doing end of cycle testing with my cadets (so long day at work) and I’m pushing through my last 3 weeks of my masters … so my brain is about fried now. Plus, the root question just kind of popped into my head this afternoon …

Forgive all spelling errors.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Clone Wars series you see Dooku and the leaders of the Droid Army as Bad Guys, the Good Guys on the Separatist side are those who pulled out of the Republic due to the growing Corruption, Incompetence or inability to fulfill their obgliasions of the Replublic, their Pre-War Armies will be defending their Home-worlds and Protectorates (Wile the Droid Army is used for the Offensive against the Republic) against Republic incursions, Marauders and non-allied rouge states preying on CIS worlds no longer under the protection of the Republic.

a team of separatist heroes could consist of Captain Tobias Merris of the CIS Rangers (a Paramilitary Police Force used to suppress Marauders), Prof. Erran Starlighter of the Covert Diplomatic Service (tasked with negotiating a peaceful reintegration of the CIS once grievances have bean addressed or recognition of the CIS as a new legitimate and separate state) . Dorgra Master of the Blockade Runner Void Dancer, throw in a discredited investigator from the Republic Corruption & Misconduct Commission and a Force Adept who's tradition isn't entirely compatible with the Jedi Philosophy. Bing, Bang, Boom one party of separatist heroes.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the political situation during the Clone Wars, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to have Separatist heroes end up as members of the Alliance during the Rebellion era. Classic era characters could be the children of parents who were Separatists, or who otherwise have similar family connections to the Clone War era.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Venlyss_Pnorr
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a different take on this. I perceived the 'heroes on both sides' to mean that the likes of Dooku and Grevious were seen as heroes within the CIS.

While they are both technically evil, it is conceivable that as prominent CIS figures, they both could be classed as the Separatist 'poster boys'.

After all, 'heroes' and 'villains' are labels frequently applied based on one's own perception.
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB & Crmcneil, thanks, that was what I was thinking. It’s good to see I’m not lost in the sauce on it.

Venlyss_Pnorr wrote:
I had a different take on this. I perceived the 'heroes on both sides' to mean that the likes of Dooku and Grevious were seen as heroes within the CIS.

While they are both technically evil, it is conceivable that as prominent CIS figures, they both could be classed as the Separatist 'poster boys'.

After all, 'heroes' and 'villains' are labels frequently applied based on one's own perception.

If it was a game based on anything other than Star Wars, I’d agree. However as it is SW and therefore Lucas, the work “hero” has a specific meaning. With Lucas using Joseph Cambell as a driving idea behind his works, a hero is explicidy going down a path and becoming a larger than life ‘good guy’. If it was Dooku and Grevious etc, then it would have been somenting like "champion”, “conqueror”, “protagonist”, “victor”, “brutal” etc, not “hero”.

Forgive all spelling errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: