The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Social thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Social thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Not a sighting in a while.

I hope everything is alright. Shocked
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought too :/

Donate to Ankhanu Press
hobbes
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, everything isn't ok. But that's not exactly problematic on my postings. I have been thinking of getting things going again, just been a little busy and forgetting to do so. Also had system problems which forced a complete reboot of the primary computer I use so some things, such as maps, that were on the hard drive were lost while most tings are on jump drives. Hopefully I'll get my act together soon and get things rolling again.

Speaking of my being AWOL since January has anyone heard from Vong? I know he's also been AWOL since then and doubtlessly that has to do with the baby, so he has a huge reason for being AWOL that I don't.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that things aren't alright, HC. I hope things improve mightily for you, starting NOW.

I am glad to see you, however, briefly. Just know we're thinking about ya.

And no, I haven't heard from Vong.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been checking in... just not posting.

Baby is growing fast! 4 and a half months old now, just quite busy.

doing the same debate as HC, want to continue but dont have the time Sad

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: I chat with Ankhanu on a regular basis, if you need to get ahold of me, that is the best way (or hop on the rancorpit IRC channel)

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have an IRC channel?

Wow not using that for a while now... can anyone pm the details to drop by and say hi? Wink
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, for those who weren't here for Tatooine and for those who were and might have forgotten about this, here's a little blast from the past

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
PS: I chat with Ankhanu on a regular basis, if you need to get ahold of me, that is the best way (or hop on the rancorpit IRC channel)

I do remember using this before...but it's been FOREVER and a day since I've been on there.

How do we access that channel again?
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang HC, glad to see ya, but I hope things get right for you sooner rather than later!

Re: IRC
There's a sticky in the Overview\Rancor Pit forum covering it, but:

We're on the Holonet network; #RancorPit
If you don't have an IRC client installed, there are a couple web-based options for logging in:
.: Mibbit - http://mibbit.com or http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/
-- Holonet isn't a default network in the drop down list, so you have to click "Server" and enter irc.holonet.org
-- Enter the name you want in the Nick box
-- Enter #RancorPit in the Channel box
-- Connect

I would suggest using, an actual IRC client, however. I assume you guys are Windows users, so chances are mIRC will be your best bet, though there are options.
In your client:
.: Choose your nickname
-- Type: /nick YourName
.: Connect to the sercer
-- Type: /server irc.holonet.org
.: Join the channel
-- Type: /join #RancorPit

After connecting, be sure to say hello, or something. We don't always pay attention to join/part notifications, but actual comments will trigger highlights that there is new content in the channel to read.
Also, hang out for a while; we're kinda used to it just being three of us in there, and we're not always looking, it might take a little bit for us to notice Razz

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched to lurk mode a while back but good to see that this game is up and moving again and I hope things work out better for you soon HC.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This past weekend has been a wow moment for me. I started up an old computer, in fact I believe it was the one I was using when the PBPs first started on here (certainly was the one I was using when this game started), in order to get some old files. The big wow is I found Giric, the ORIGINAL art work of Giric. This is how Giric looks now in the misc. thread:

This image was made using HeroMachine 3 and wasn't even the second Giric artwork I'd done. That was also done on HM3 and looked like:

I'd started doing other members of his clan and adding backgrounds so I wanted to go back and give him a background. I also decided the Yegoglar great sword wasn't long enough to be a great sword so I enlarged the blade while the handle was shortened a little. Besides those other noticeable differences include skin tone being a slightly different shade of green and the positioning of his ears.

But Giric's artwork was originally born on HeroMachine2 and looked considerably different. The original appearance looked more like:

This was the unedited appearance of Giric. That bar behind the spikes on his wings would have been edited out and the scale lines for the feet would have also been edited out. And probably the spots on the wings as well.

But that ended up not being how I wanted to portray the image of the Yegoglar at all. I wanted something that would suggest a more primitive people who might not be as they appear. And I also wanted them to look strong but not hulk-like (and the biggest of the templates on HM2 are more hulking in appearance to me). This armor feels more technologically advanced to me, not something more out of ancient times or the middle ages as I like to go with when I give Yegoglar armor. Nor is it the furs I also tend to like to use for Yegoglar not wearing armor. Plus to me this looks more like I was going for a winged Chiss (though not really the same shade of blue as the Chiss) with a tail, three toed feet, clawed hands, and strange ears that to me suggest more of an aquatic creature.

Weird the things you discover in looking over old files that you forgot even existed.

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/knight1192a/9052214755/

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, gentlebeings!

I apologize for my long absence. My deployment with Red Cross did indeed get extended through the 14th; Saturday was spent completely en route getting back to Michigan from Oklahoma. The last several days have been spent in a nice, slow decompression from the activities in which I was engaged, and I simply didn't have the gumption to get back online.

I believe I'm rested enough now to start playing catch up; as I have a rather high number of games which need my attention, spanning four or five different boards, I may not spend the time to read every single post that's been made in my absence, since I really do want to jump back in - both for my own enjoyment and to help keep the story line going along nicely - so if I make a post that contradicts something that's happened while I've been away, please just point it out to me, and we'll get it fixed.

Thank you all for your patience. Now, in the immortal words of Wayne and Garth:

GAME ON!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: