The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Alternate Universe: Two Ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Star Wars Alternate Universe: Two Ideas Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frandal wrote:
About the energy cage... I have only three words to say.

1- Telekinesis
2- Plug/swicht
3- PWIIUUUuuuuuff ( sound of power going off )

Under the RAW, however, the counter for this is simple: since TK is line of sight only, put the plug/switch where they can't see it. I am certainly willing to consider the possibility of house-ruled advanced TK power that combines Farseeing and TK allowing Jedi to manipulate objects they can't see with their own eyes, but as things currently stand, countering the TK solution you describe really is that simple.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lurker wrote:
I think Raven hits the nail on the head on that one. If he was captured, I’m sure there would have been a deep dark hole with very heavy security to keep him in. And I’m equally sure, that there would have been a very well coordinated team that eventually helps him escape (it would take years but eventually). And yes, that would make a great game!

There is a Star Wars fan fic I particularly like that came up with a pretty ingenious solution for keeping Luke contained. One part of it was relatively mundane: a drug tailored to his genetics that disrupted his ability to use the Force. The more technically interesting side was a specially designed cell. It was, in essence, two heavily built spheres (more likely D20 shaped), one inside the other. The cells were constructed of interlocking plates, with the space between the cells able to be depressurized down to a vacuum. The interlocking plates that made up the wall were designed so that the presence of a vacuum actually increased their structural stability by locking the plates together more tightly. The basic concept was that, while a Jedi could use TK to force the inner wall, the breach would depressurize the inner cell sufficiently to knock him unconscious. The cell was also equipped with an assortment of non-lethal weaponry, just in case. In the story, Luke ultimately reached the point where he was more than powerful enough to breach the walls and escape, but only a Jedi or Sith of that power level would have the ability to do so.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lurker"]

I think Raven hits the nail on the head on that one. If he was captured, I’m sure there would have been a deep dark hole with very heavy security to keep him in. And I’m equally sure, that there would have been a very well coordinated team that eventually helps him escape (it would take years but eventually). And yes, that would make a great game!

Quote:

Probably you are right on that one. It wouldn't be as easy but he will manage to scape anyway.

Rgr on that! There would be fodder for many games in trying to mend the republic after the years of war

Quote:

The scenario with a Luke turned to the Dark Side would be the end of the Rebellion as we all know it at the Battle of Endor. Perhaps Leia, Han and the moon's team could had survived and escaped, but it's unlikely ( hey it's Han after all, never tell him the odds! ) Perhaps Mon Mothma is not part of the attack ( we don't see her at the attack and it's a wise move for the cautious leader) but they could had years to rebuild some resemblance of the Rebellion. And, at least for a time, the "Tarkin doctrine" would have worked nicely. The former hero of the Alliance turned into the new herald of the Emperor ( doesn't care if the Emperor is Palpatine or Vader in his place) and the new Death Star would discourage any system to fight agaisnt the New Order. A really dark time with little hope for the new heroes ( named the PCs)

Shocked

But would be also a GREAT setting for SW without the SW EU cannon!

Yes it would be a great escenario indeed, with great histories to be told Wink

And impressive background by the way Wink
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Carbon Freezing people is still a theoretical practice until Han is frozen on Bespin.

Or it used to be, before the Clone Wars cartoon retconned that. Now, it is practically commonplace. Of course, it was done in Tales of the Jedi... but I don't think they were ever UNfrozen, just made into statues, so the livability would have remained unknown.

Hard core OT, all the way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: