The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Adventures! Friday Night Table
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Star Wars Adventures! Friday Night Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Adventures! Friday Night Table Reply with quote

Star Wars Adventures, Friday Night Table [2013-11-08]: the first session and I think it went off quite well. We had a 9:00PM CST start time. All technical difficulties taken care of and we were able to start by 9:30. Game ran until approximately midnight or a little later.

Persons in attendance: +Daniel Stull , +James Spahn , +Brett M. Pisinski , +Russell Watson , +Suhail Alhazred and myself GMing.

The players started out in hyperspace on their way to the planet they needed to go to. In Media Res flashback to mission briefing.

Our party: Mile Tarkin human merchant, sometimes smuggler who owns the groups YT1730, Reedo, the rodian gunslinger with impulse control issues, Galen Thrace, human youngling survivor of the Jedi Purge, OOM61 a very old B1 battle droid, and Araxis a human ex-Imperial capital ship gunner. Meets with the base commander who explains that the datapad of unencrypted information they procured from the last adventure has an odd referencing system and they have not figured it out yet.

They were able to get a name from the datapad. The name belongs to the commander of an Imperial agro-research facility. Located on a jungle planet with an atmosphere requiring most races to wear a breather mask. Intelligence knows he is the keeper off the "family diaries" which have been kept for years and he continues to add to. The players mission is to either steal these "diaries" or copy them. Strangely enough over the past few weeks quite a number of hyperspace navigation beacons have come up missing. The planet in questions is in the middle of this strange occurrence. Since the rebel base is close to this area. They are asked to be on the lookout for information about this as well.

Pop back into current time. There is a loud bang, the ship shakes, materializes into real space. The ship is out of control and barrel rolling. A planet fills the cockpit view area. Miles tries to get the ship under control, but the ship continues towards the planet. Leveling out the ship it hits the atmosphere and goes into a flat spin. Deciding the ship is lost Miles signals everyone to abandon ship and go to the lifepod at the rear of the ship.

Araxis is the closest and makes it without an issue, readying the escape pod. Shortly OOM61 shows up followed by Reedo. Miles and Galen are running from the cockpit. Lights are flashing, sparks fly, insulation is burning as they run. While traveling down a hallway the ship lurches and there is the sound of screaming metal as rip appears through the hallway and floor. The hull has split, they must leap over the crack while the ship falls apart around them.

Galen jumps the distance without issue, but Miles is not so lucky. With blinding speed Galen turns around, grabs Miles' hand and with a little use of the Force boosts him across the chasm to safety. They make it to the escape pod without further incident and Reedo launches them.

The automated computer flies the escape pod. It gently rolls over in an arc, Reedo can see through the very small view screen their ship, glowing, lit in a ring of fire ... it doesn't look so bad. The the ship rips in two and explodes. A large chunk of shrapnel hits the escape pod. Alarms go off for the second time this day.

The escape pod screams through the atmosphere, meters above the planetary surface. Finally crashing into the surface and gouging a huge furrow behind it. There is a loud pop and darkness swallows everyone.

Many things took place after this. They met the indigenous alien populace, learned a new language, took part in a hunt, joined a tribe, found a research farm, were taken to the main research facility. They are currently in protective custody. They have been asked to give up their weapons and are now locked in a conference room and under observation.

Will they escape? Will they get the diaries? How will they get off the planet? How does this connect with missing or destroyed hyerspace navigation beacons? The majority of those questions will be answered in next weeks session, Friday-November-15.

Anyone interested in the "Star Wars Adventures! Friday Night Table" or another gaming night, be sure to check out the Star Wars D6 G+ community. Post that you want to play, also check the "events" section for a "Star Wars Adventures!" night as well as when our "Star Wars D6 Chat" will take place.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds really fun, Don. You should post the summaries over in the "Adventures" section, and then add to them as you play.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this a TT game or online?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part that it was VTT was inferred not out right said. Sorry if anyone was confused.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh.. Re read it fully and saw the "Google+" aspect..
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy enough to miss. If you are not familiar with posting on G+ you wouldn't understand the "+" in front of peoples name. Also the inference was at the bottom of the post and quite easy to have missed. I not notate it was a VTT so I understand where people may have become confused.

Nexts weeks game will only last about one hour I think. So if people want to show up, and someone wants to run a quick something or wants help with running their own game, etc. please head over the G+ community and sign up for the event.

I would love to see more people take part in the "Star Wars Adventures!". In fact I would love to see multiple VTT games going on different days, different time slots. The same would be nice for the "Star Wars D6 Chat".
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to participate next Friday.
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm helping someone move this friday, but I'd be interested in the next. I haven't used Google+ or VTT [over the 'Net] (Which I presume is Virtual Table Top) is it difficult to set up?

An additonal question do you have a player limit and how regular is the play group? I'm under the impression byb the opening posts that a player being in one week and not the next isn't uncommon?

Thank You
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Dromdarr_Alark] There is about 1+ hour left in the current adventure. I am not sure how much fun you would have. You are of course very welcome to watch if you like which I would strongly encourage.

You will want to keep an eye on the Star Wars D6 G+ community under the "events" section for games being run.

[Methedor] VTT is indeed Virtual Tabletop and yes played over the net.

I prefer groups of 3-5 players. This seems to be the sweet spot for me creatively and managerially.

Ab explanation of the Star Wars Adventures is in order.

SWA has been a project I have been working on for several months now. It was originally posted for Saturdays 1-4PM CST.

The idea was to make available a place that people could wander in, watch or play. Where a GM could show up and run a quick adventure, playtest or whatever. I was thinking of it is an established game night at the LCS. The format was a pickup game. Meaning people could show up and play. No set GM, though I have tried, as my schedule would allow, to be available to run.

My life got very busy with my daughters gymnastics meet schedule, as it always does in the fall. So I have not been able to make the Saturday game. So I posted the game to Friday nights. I was very happy to get the people we did.

The purpose of SWA was to get people to start playing. If successful I plan on adding additional days and have a schedule. I would love to see some groups established out of this. Long term play is to me, more satisfying.

So as it stands, I will continue to run the SWA Friday game, probably reschedule the Saturday game for a different time slot.

I know its not really feasible but I was hoping to establish a sort of gamers exchange. People who wanted to GM or play could join up, post if they wanted to play, playtest, or GM. Post the times and days they wanted to play and then put those people in contact with each other.

I have setup my G+ games so that anyone who accesses the event page can join the game at anytime there are people in the hangout. It is the same format I use for the Star Wars D6 Chats.

I have also gone off and created a SWA Roll20 campaign page. Those wanting to GM, I have join up, give them GM privs and allow them to use it. The SWA Roll20 is very nice because it has a ton of NPCs, ships, creatures, tokens, macros, etc already made. I am steadily adding more as I am able.

So you can see, with the posts I do on Star Wars D6+ (Adventure Seed Mondays, Random Adventure, Character Tuesday, Rumor Wednesday, Planet Thursday, Star Wars D6 Chat, Star Wars Adventures and the Shooting Womp Rats Podcast that I co-host with Daniel) that we are trying very hard to empower people to start running and playing online games.

I am thinking of offering to run some hangouts like "Roll20 Boot Camp" explaining how to make Roll20 work for SWD6. Also, "Hosting a VTT Boot Camp" which would explain how to effectively host, run, take part in a VTT using G+ Hangouts.

The best I can do is to continue to post stuff, encourage others to take part, find people to play, empower them to host games, support them, and hopefully watch SWA grow.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would't want to put you over your PC comfort zone :p (seriously I know it can be straining)

Thanks for the rundown of SWG+ Adventures as well as the various projects you are working on, impressive and appreciated. I am a student, 11+yr GM and run a SWD6 (on second campaign in the same SW PC evolved-AU) as well as D6 Supers game on alternating Saturdays as well as a Dragon Age (using the established system, AGE) game Sundays all with my variably insane friends*. So very rarely am I a player (I enjoy it when it happens), though given some time I could come up with a mini-campaign outline or 3 part arc to submit or maybe run depending on my free time. Perhaps, though I should spectate a VTT game first to gauge the player,GM, virtual tech, and beings that frequent. In any case I'd like to participate\assist if feasible as your idea is a grand one and deserves to take off.

*I say that with the best intentions guys if you are reading.

{Just because I feel like sharing:
A message found by my players in an ancient hidden system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB6pa_P1Xu0
The opening to my first Halloween Special:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIb87DxCdkY}
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Methedor] You are welcome to sit it this Friday-November-15. We are starting at 8PM CST. Game will run 1+ hour and I do not have anything planned for after. That does not mean something will not happen or that a good discussion will not take place. I am just stating, that is the amount of gaming I have planned out. I don't know, I can always put more in as GMs can/will do.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Methedor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You.
I'll try to make it, no idea how long the move\packing with my friend will be. Looking forward to sitting in!
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many of us want to join a game? Maybe we can start a new one. It seems, however, that most of us are GMs and want to play a PC for a change.

If we can get a number from here and G+, then maybe we'll be able to start something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: