The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

On AND Off-site PbP Gaming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> On AND Off-site PbP Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: On AND Off-site PbP Gaming Reply with quote

Everyone,

I've seen a lot of activity in the various informational threads, but a sad lack of activity in the game threads. I'd like to encourage anyone who likes to play (especially PbP) to get in touch with the various GMs in the Active Games section to see about bringing some new blood to the games there. It'd be great to see them rise back up in activity level.

Also, if you've got the interest to play, I'd like to invite you to come check out RoleplayRealm.com. We have a number of active games there (not just Star Wars), and there's always room for more. There's also room for new players here and there.

I know that RL bogs us down sometimes and interferes with gaming, but I'd really like to see a resurgence in popularity; getting new players involved (let alone GMs) often breathes new life into stagnating games, which is what I'd like to see.

Check 'em out, and let's get rolling!
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can vouch for Roleplay Realm, which Jedi mentions. He and I are in a SWd6 game that has had a succession of GMs, but has been pretty good when it wasn't slacking.

However, because it has been good, I'm a little more hesitant to entice people over. I'm frankly a little worried about people who jump in and then go dormant. I can see that a few game have had some staying power, but many have not. I don't know who among you actually has a good track record. Jedi Skyler's record is pretty amazing, but many don't have his level of determination.

Also, since our GM is a bit fresh (though, brilliantly becoming quickly acquainted), I'd prefer to spare her the frustration of fly-by-nighters who are going to flaunt their superior SW knowledge.
DougRed4
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How often should prospective players post? Is it a situation where there's a lot to read daily, with expectations of multiple daily posts? Or is the pace such that players could/should post every few days?
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
How often should prospective players post? Is it a situation where there's a lot to read daily, with expectations of multiple daily posts? Or is the pace such that players could/should post every few days?

It's on a once every few days basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: