The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Getting back into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Getting back into it.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExImperialInqyisitor
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Getting back into it. Reply with quote

I am getting back into tabletop (after tripping over my WEG books in my parents attic) I have a few people interested some old timers and a few newbies. I am putting together a campaign that mixes the action with more day to day challenges and adventures that my less shoot um up friends will enjoy. Set somewhere after Thrawn based on GG: Scouts basically the group brought together because NR scouts is their last option (bounty hunters and fringe type to avoid long term incarceration). Deals with Thrawn, Dala, Adumar the NR wondering what else is out there so they are looking for a more aggressive skill set then normal scouts to deal with them. Eventually they will find out that they whole thing has been a test to have them join the NR Observers as a support roll. NRI (with a Face Lorran cameo) has decided to quietly give the Observer to the Outer Rim more options when dealing with the threats. They will be based out of a very rundown cranky space station where they will have to maintain their cover as scouts and also deal with any other situations. So it will mix exploring the Unknown regions, dealing with pirates, fixing and exploring the station, and of course the remnants of the Empire will raise a few issues.

Really I've just been looking for a layout/deck plan for the space station. Or maybe just better stats or information on a Golan 1 Space Colony and XQ Platforms. I have the idea of the Hub (or Tub as many call it) being a half wrecked Golan 1 Space Colony with a less wrecked but heavily used XQ1 mounted on top of it.
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the pit. While I.can't help you much with the deck plans or much in the way of ideas, I will just encourage you to search this forum and ask a lot of questions, there are a lot of helpful posters here.

Again welcome.

P.S. GG 8 has always been one of my favorite supplements.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, welcome, ExImperialInqyisitor!

Your proposed game sounds a bit like Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (which could be a lot of fun). Not sure of any space station layouts to recommend to you, I'm afraid.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit.

For Space Station deckplans, check the Hideouts & Strongholds book. It has several examples, as well as a guide to help you build your own if you like.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
ExImperialInqyisitor
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I found enough of what I needed in Strongholds I just broke out the graph paper to fix the station to a size I'd prefer. As it is using the floor plan there isn't enough space on the station for the crew quarters unless there is 4 habitation levels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: