The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Hello, I am Questanon and I seek help on my quest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Hello, I am Questanon and I seek help on my quest.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
questanon
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Hello, I am Questanon and I seek help on my quest. Reply with quote

Greetings, all of you wonderful people here at the Rancor Pit. I come from a far off forum seeking knowledge; a few weeks ago a fellow poster mentioned a theory that Karen Traviss had been a prolific fanfiction writer before she became a published Star Wars author.
The person who came up with this theory apparently had examples from both the published novels and several fanfics that they had come across, none of which were posted on Fan Fiction dot Net. For these last weeks, I have been trawling the abandoned and dead archives of Star Wars fan fiction, seeking an answer to the question that one man asked so many years ago.
Now, the reason I come before you in my quest for forbidden knowledge is because the poster I mentioned recalled reading this theory on a forum that linked from a Star Wars D6 geocities and/or angelfire campaign page and I hoped that some of you have been around enough to know the name of the campaign, the webpage domain (which I will investigate using archive.org), or even the name of the original theorist if you yourselves have heard of him.
I have few clues to go on, they are as follows:
-The group had managed to steal an asteroid base from the Empire
-One character was a nerf herder
-All the PCs had lots of children
-One of those children was the result of distracting a stormtrooper
-Existed sometime around or before 2008

That's all I have. If any of you have any information, I would be so greatful.
Thank you, and may the Force be with you.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bit about stealing an asteroid base sounds familiar. Unfortunately I can not offer any real help other than I may have heard of this campaign. I was very active in Star Wars RPG and D6 up until about 2008, and surfed and read through a lot of sites, though mostly the RPG related material, not much fan fiction. I have not been as active in more recent years for a variety of reasons.

I do know there was a site on Angelfire/Geocities that had an archive of RPG material, fan images, fan fiction, and much of it was D6, but it is long gone, and I can not remember the name it went by.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello, I am Questanon and I seek help on my quest Reply with quote

questanon wrote:
Greetings, all of you wonderful people here at the Rancor Pit. I come from a far off forum seeking knowledge; a few weeks ago a fellow poster mentioned a theory that Karen Traviss had been a prolific fanfiction writer before she became a published Star Wars author... Thank you, and may the Force be with you.

Welcome to the Pit!

Is your goal at reading about this theory is to try to track down some of this fan fiction? If any of it was the basis for some of her published works, then my guess was that she had it all removed from the net.

Anyway, best wishes for your quest regardless.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hold your breath on a reply, guys. The OP is 9 months old and the is the user's only post.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
Don't hold your breath on a reply, guys. The OP is 9 months old and the is the user's only post.

DON'T CRUSH MY HOPE! Smile

j/k
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't want you to pass out and hit your head is all Wink

Donate to Ankhanu Press
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late. Sad
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I necroposted despite its age as some of what was described did sound familiar to me. I tend to vanish for 6 to 12 month periods into the strange 3d realms as it is...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: