The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Monday night's off game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Monday night's off game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Monday night's off game Reply with quote

Ok, this week we had a one off (well it will be a 2 or 3 off once it is over) adventure. Instead of playing our normal characters in the normal time frame, we had an inexperienced SOF team with the time being 1 year after the destruction of the second death star.

The team was a pilot, a weapons expert, a medic, a droid, and myself as a young Jedi. The races were a mixed bag, if I remember right 2 humans, a Mon Cal, & I was a squid face.

The adventure, an imperial task force had attacked a rebel friendly planet. The attack had succeeded up to a point, but the rebel defense was able to destroy the imperial ship that was the transport and combat support platform for the invaders. Without their ship the imperials had centered on the planet's capitol. Overrunning it, but leaving pockets of resistance. The situation had been a stale mate for about a week.

The mission for the team, go to the planet, retrieve an r2 unit (that has valuable data stored on it), look into the rumor that the Imperial CO was leaning towards supporting the rebellion, if so, convince him to join and exfil him. Sounds simple enough …

The story

The ship came out of hyperspace right on the edge of the debris field left by the destruction of the Imperial and Rebel capitol ships. The pilot makes some great moves to keep from crashing into the chunks of dead ships orbiting the planet. Unfortunately, there were 3 TIE fighters weighting in ambush in the debris field which we failed to detect early enough to avoid them. The 3 fighters swoop to the attack. Their shots hit but fail to punch through the ships shields. Our 1 gun turret is manned and returns fire. Unfortunately, he is less than skilled at ship weapons and decides to take multiple shots … missing all of them, as the TIEs make their first pass. However, it did force the fighters to spread out and break up their tight formation. For the second pass, our gunner is quick on the shot, and wisely decides to focus on only 1 shot, hitting one of the TIEs. The shot damages the fighter's weapon system and set a chain reaction into motion the results in a exploding TIE adding itself to the debris field.

The team pilot continued to fly the ship expertly avoiding the potential impacts and keeping the TIEs from getting an advantageous line of fire on us. However the 2 remaining TIEs do get a hit which does punch through the shields and does minor damage to the ship as it exits the debris field and begins to enter the planet's atmosphere. Our gunner gets excited and begins to fire, ineffectively, at both the TIEs. (I make fun of him at this point …) The troop transport plummets toward the planet followed by the fighters as they line up for another shot. Our gunner, learning his lesson, lines up and fires on only the wing leader. Hitting him and causing him to spiral out of control and burn up in the atmospheres. Then, we enter the thick cloud layer surrounding the planet. We thin lose track of the remaining TIE fighter.

Unfortunately, the cloud layer is more extensive than the pilot accounted for, with us exiting the clouds right above the damaged buildings of the besieged capital. His reactions were good enough to keep us from plowing into the ruins, but he wasn't good enough to keep us from grazing the building, knocking out our flight controls, and careening into the street below.

After the dust settles from the 'landing', the team jumps into action. I run up to the cockpit to make sure the pilot is ok - he is stunned and has a good gash on his for head. the rest of the team go to the open gashed side of the ship. I, after getting the plot up and moving, check out the view port and see the street ahead of us is clear but pot marked with damage from the week long fight. The others, thanks to the droid's sensors, notice an Imperial scout droid moving through the rubble towards the ship.

The medic leaps out of the ship and dodges to cover- to draw the Imperial droid's fire from the team - while the team's weapon's expert prepares to fire on the droid. At the same time, I cut out a hasty exit from the cockpit, and jump up to the top of the ship - to give more covering fire if needed and get a better look at our surroundings. It turns out, my covering fire isn't needed … Our weapon's expert may not be a great ship's gunner, but he is amazing with his blaster! I see the scout droid burst into fire as our weapons guy puts a shot right into its optic sensor.

I start calling out a safe route to the party - to a mostly intact warehouse. Then … in the distance, and through the rubble ***yes I've made amazing perception rolls *** I see a hover tank turning and beginning to swing it's weapon toward us. I yell to the team to MOVE, but then I feel a wash of hatred ripple through the force. This adds to the need for us to move and move now! The team runs to the ware house. Somehow, I beat the rest of the team to the building …

I get to the door, check it seeing if it is operable (the control panel is damaged, but the door looks to be undamaged). I also search the room inside the warehouse for life - feeling nothing through the force. I give the sign to the team to open the door. As soon as it begins to slide open, I leapt through to the inside followed closely by the rest of the team.
We find a unremarkable warehouse with flickering lights, slight damage to the ceilings etc etc etc. As we move into the building, I again search out with the force, this time feeling … fear … coming from the next room. I warn the team and we move on into the interior of the warehouse.

The team's weapon expert and I lead into the room and see 2 figures against the far wall, … I feel 1 wounded and all but unconscious and the other tired frustrated, and worried … working to open a grate in the floor.

The gunner yells at them to stop and moves to the right, I follow his lead and move to the left. The conscious figure reacts by tossing a grenade. Amazingly, the weapons guy shoots it out of the air before it reaches the zenith of its ark! I lower my weapon and raise a hand as I run towards them yelling "Stop, were on your side, and here to help!" … "Medic, we need you up here, we have one down uncousious and severely wounded" With this, the lone standing figure relents and slumps against the wall in exhaustion.

As the medic begins to patch up the one female rebel, we begin to talk to the other ( at the same time the weapon guy moves back to cover one side of the warehouse and I cover the other side - including the door (which we did close) we came through. The lone figure (& I forget what race he was) finally opens up, they are rebels and have been fighting for over a week. The imperials control the space port on the other side of the city, have enough forces with heavy weapons - multiple hover tanks and 1 AT-AT - to keep the rebels separated into lone pockets of resistance, and have systematically been overrunning each pocket. The rebel cell in this area was being overran when we crashed, which let the 2 survivors escape back to the warehouse, where they have …. and I then feel a deep hatred inside the room with us from the shadows near the ceiling.

I react by firing up into the shadow and feel the hatred move out of the hole in the wall near the ceiling - I couldn't see it, and I don't know if I hit but I did make it move! I then feel a squad of storm troopers move into place outside the main door to the warehouse. I yell for the team to move as I and the weapon expert get behind cover to hold the Imperials off for a second or 2. The pilot looking around confused, decides to pull his blaster and stand and fight too, as the rest of the team carried the injured rebel down into the escape tunnel behind the other rebel defender.

The stormies blast through the door, and the first trooper steps through the door, right into the deadly blaster bolt of the weapons expert. As he collapses in the door way, the second trooper tries to push through and receives a glancing shot from me. After the pilot finally gets behind cover, he fires and finishes off the trooper I'd hit. However, more troops begin to fire through the hole and prepare to flood into the building. I toss the grenade (which the rebel defender had tossed to me before he left), but end up bouncing it off the lights and wires dangling from the ceiling. *** Yes I finally rolled a Harris …*** With the grenade falling (dangerously close to us) the weapons expert snap shot it in mid air, detonating it instantly. The resulting explosion, with the smoke dust and damaged ceiling tiles, was enough to stun and halt the troopers long enough for us to move out through the escape tunnel.

As the three of us run out of the escape tunnel a few minutes later, we see a room of old repulsor lift vehicles, with one of the larger ones and 2 speeder bikes being operational. The pilot jumps in to drive the '6 pac' vehicle, with the 2 rebel defenders and the droid already loaded. The weapons expert jumps into the back and braces to fire behind us as we escape. The team medic and I take the 2 speeder bikes and nod that it we are ready to go.

the 3 vehicles blast out the back and down an alley seconds before the report of the hover tank's main gun echoes out between the ruined buildings. A muffled explosion from in the warehouse shakes the area. I glance back over my shoulder and see the tank swing around into the mouth of the road and begin to transverse the cannon towards us, and yell out a warning.

The team's weapons expert calmly sights in his weapon and squeezes off a single shot … hitting the min exhaust port of the tanks directional repulses … causing the tank to shutter and slow. Then, before the tank crew could recover and complete the aiming of the main gun, our shooter again fired, right down the tube of the main gun … setting off a chain reaction in the tank.

We zoom around a bend in the road and lose site of the tank as it tilts to the side and smashes into a ruined building …

That ended the night, we will be back to finish this game in 2 weeks. Next week we will be back to the normal game.

Forgive all spelling errors.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another awesome report, lurker. I felt like I was there, watching the action unfold right in front of me!
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Next time I'll try and remember to note everyone's names etc

I do remember my character started out as Oung, but some shenanigans were played and it morphed into T-oung, then it became (because I was playing along in the shenanigans) T-oung pronounced T-Oun 'the g is silent'!

It was a great game, we had fun (as you can see with the name games), and there was some great rolls! Taking on a hover tank with blasters and making it out alive takes luck. Actually knocking it back on its heels takes a TON of luck!

That dark sider that is out there does scare me, I have a total of 1D of sense for my force powers! Some how, I don't think I'll stand toe to toe against him!

lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week was a shorter session as there were repeated communications problems, but we still got a good game in.

As the teams speeds through the devastated and ruined city trying to put distance between themselves and the newly damaged hover tank, they spread out into a safer formation. The team medic taking point on the a speeder bike, three team members and the 2 resistance fighters - included the injured and unconscious female - in the repulsor sled, it goes without saying that the gunner continued to have his gun ready and fire out the back of the sled as needed. Then the Jedi taking rear security on the second speeder bike. 1 click then 2 clicks without incident but then ...

The Jedi feeling a new danger moving rapidly from above calls out to warn the other drivers of the fast approaching TIE bomber. All three bank hard seeing a ruined stadium and use tunnel under the stadium as cover and concealment. Moments later the area shakes as concussion bomb after concussion bomb impact the route they had been following.

The lone conscious resistance fighter, suffering from stress fear and exhaustion, begins to worry about the delay, his friend's safety and 100 other things, begins to argue trying to get the team to move quickly. The medic, using the relative safety and to help calm the panicked resistance fighter, hops off the bike and does a quick check of the unconscious Twi Lek in the back seat of the sled.

While the gunner covers the entrance, the Jedi takes a moment to calm the resistance fighter "Sometimes the faster way is to slow down and find the correct way". With that, I calmed myself and reached out to sense what I could. First, I felt the smug confidence of the pilot as he circled well above in the dark gray drizzly sky, sure he had accomplished his mission and lazily (and inattentively) waited for his next set of orders. Then, and more worrisomely, I felt not 1 but TWO sources of darkness and hatred. Two dark force users, and both more powerful in their arts than I. One, the weaker user was closer to us searching through the area - I assume that it was the one I saw and shot at in the shadows of the warehouse. The second, a more powerful center of anger and hatred, being further away and not specifically focused on us. I warn the group "we are safe for the moment, but there are 2 powerful force users here. Both greater than I. I can't fight them so we will have to work together. One is searching for us, so we will need to move soon"
The resistance fighter, now that he is calmed down a bit, pulls up the location to the closest safe house that the resistance uses. A close 6 KM away through bombed streets, Imperial scouts, and at least 1 Dark one ... All three pilots load it and the safest route to in into their computers and prepare to leave

The gunner clears the entrance we came in one last time, seeing nothing, but we all have the feeling that it isn't 'safe' but only the calm before the storm. The medic prepares to exit out of the other side of the passage way, waiting as one and then another Imperial scout zips past on their speeder bikes, one of which was modified to include a rear facing blaster ... As the scouts turn right, the medic followed by the repulsor salad and then the Jedi leave the tunnel and turn left and begin to follow the roundabout route to the distant safe house.

As the team travels through the narrow and damaged streets and alley ways, after a klick or so, hears the sound of a TIE bomber over head, but the destroyed buildings, the rubble strun streets and the cloudy rainy sky provide enough masking that it passes harmlessly over head. However, at about the third klick, the Jedi feels danger approaching rapidly from the rear and calls for the team to make a hard right and get ready. The team turns hard into an even smaller alley way (one which the salad fits only because of the team's pilot's expert control).

A short Klick later the Jedi feels danger and then from the top of a nearby building a imperial speeder bike launches itself at the team's rear security. However, as the Jedi, and the rest of the team is ready, the Jedi is able to get a shot off. Though the speeder bike's driver - the dark user - is able to dodge the blast it causes him to miss his target of landing on and wrecking the Jedi's speeder bike. The as the two force uses are now side by side and preparing to fight, the team's gunner opens up from the rear of the sled. One great shot knocking the enemy from the speeder and sending him tumbling and dazed through the rubble struin street. As the team escapes around the next turn, I feel through the force a dazed confusion then a deep burning explosion of hatred ... confirming that the dark user still lived ...

The team was able to make it the last few klicks to safety before the Imperial dark sider could recover and or call in his supporting troops. As they pulled into a hidden and secured garage they saw a team of resistance fighters. A hand full of fighters of various races - the team leader being a Geonasian , all working on other speeders weapons etc etc etc. Also, there was a med droid and a few support and non-combatant types in the mix.

As soon as the team repulsor bikes and the salad were safely shut down the medic runs over to the female Twi Lek resistance fighter and assists her friend to carry her to the medic droid. As the rest of the team gets out of the repulsor sled and views their new found allies, the Jedi once again reached out with the force and felt ... the dark hatred zooming around, a hatred that was so great that it was clouding and keeping the dark user for focusing and feeling the party's location at the resistance safe house. A grin - well as much as a squid can grin - crossed the Jedi's face as he complemented the teams gunner on his shot and let him know "it may not have been a shot that killed the dark one, but it surprised and angered him so much he can't focus now. He is lost in his anger and we are safe now".

The team then gathered around the resistance fighters and ... found out that they couldn't understand the group's leader.

No problem, we have a protocol droid for these issues. Qwop sauntered up to the group of resistance fighters, dripping arrogance ... As the resistance leader clicked and clacked with his insectoid language, Qwop translated "This inferior hard shelled meat bag is too inferior to speak and understand Galactic Common" ... As the leader replied that he could in fact understand us, just not speak it, Qwop again mistranslated it as "Again, he is inferior and doesn't understand anyone but me" ...

The Jedi seeing and feeling the annoyance from the resistance leader steps up and tries to smooth over the issue that could derail the team's mission. Explaining that "We are here to first locate and recover a special astrodroid that the Rebellion sees as valuable, Second, if possible, finish convening the Imperial officer who sent out feelers to defect to the rebellion to join our cause and help him, if he is willing, to escape the planet with the team. Further, as a SOF team it is implied that we must help the resistance fighters here and now". Also, I apologized for QWOP claiming that he must have received damage to his circuits in our crash landing earlier and that he WOULD be repaired and corrected once we made it back to our base.

This smoothed over the issues, to a point ... . After more talks between the resistance leader and the team, with QWOP doing his level best to derail it yet again, the team found out that the resistance has a good map of the Imperial's strong hold, that the defector has been found out and is imprisoned, and the droid is believed to be in the lower area of the compound hiding in the refuse and trash pit of the compound. Also, that intercepted communications point to the ISD arriving in or about 4 hours.

After reviewing the map and the information, the team puts together a plan. With the security wall surrounding the compound, the heavy blasters on the security hard points, and the probable AT-AT (if not additional hover tanks) a direct assault is out. So, the team will be going 'underground' with the resistance. Using the sewers and storm drains as a safe route. However, to cause confusion and give the team a better chance, the resistance would fake an attack on the compound with the strongest attack on the wall furtherest away from the imperial shuttles that remain operational. Also, to aid the resistance, as the team attempts to steal a shuttle to use to exfil, we will do as much damage to the command and control section and the imperial heavy weapons in the compound.

lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the resistance fighters and the team put their heads together and began to plan, the Jedi felt uneasy ... "We do not know if or when the Rebel Command will be able to send you an more help than us ... If you attack the base as our diversion and we are able escape, it will leave you alone here fighting the remainder of the Imps. And, when the Star Destroyer they may not simply evacuate the Imps here. They may reinforce them ..."

With this the resistance fighters broke away from the group and began discussing their options. At the same time, the team medic, helping the resistances' medical droid, finished removing the female Twi Lik from the bacta tank and checked to make sure her injuries were healed despite the short dunk in the tank.

As the resistance fighters came to their decision (to leave with the rebel team if possible) the Jedi stepped away from the noise and commotion of the planning and relaxed, centering himself and opening up to the force ... Still 2 points of hatred searching ... one stronger but further away ... a weaker nearer source ... the stronger .... up ... above ... the weaker ... turning moving closer ... The stronger .... IN THE TIE bomber... "Guys, we need to leave ... now".

The team, and the resistance fighters scrambled to grab the last bits of gear they will need and scramble to get ready to go. Somehow the droid ends up with the thermal detonator that the team found ... The resistance fighters climb into the repulsor sled and yell that they will be at the bombed stadium for pick up if everything goes as planned and the rebels nod.

The team's gunner slides open the door just enough for the Jedi to rocket out on the repulsor bike ... playing rabbit to give the rest time to get out of the building. 2 Imperial scout droids take the bait and give chase to the rapidly moving rebel. In one alley, up over a collapsed pile of debris, down another alley, the chase is on!

The rebel team moves out on foot sprinting across open areas, and sneaking through shadows where they could. Moving off to the underground repulsor tubes and below them to the old sewage system that will take them under the Imperial strong point. The resistance fighters move out the other side of the building to get into place to make the diversionary attack.

The Jedi leads the scout droids off through the bombed out sector of the city and then, doubling back on his trail is in a place to fire on them as they pass by. However, the dark temptation to attack needlessly passes through him. firing on the droids would not help the mission and would put him in needless risk so the scout droids fly by never realizing how close they were to their time of deactivation! As they fly by losing their pray the Jedi waits until it is right for him to move back to meet with his team and then stealth fully skirts through the ruble and debris.

The team after moving, hiding, listening, running, looking, and hiding again for 10 minutes make their way to underground transport tube entrance just in time to see the Jedi's repulsor bike be swallowed into the shadow of the building and the Jedi wave them on into safety. The team moves through the abandoned and damaged building soon finding the lower entrance into the below sewer.

Moving through the gloom, the team follows the cat walk along to a steep stair/ladder. One damaged and needing care to descend if one does not want to fall into the muck below. First down, the team's gunner, without any issues. Then the plot, again with no problem. Then QWAP, the droid ... unfortunately, he slips and begins to tumble backwards off the stair. The Jedi, moving down behind him, sees the approaching fall and grabs for the droid. Ending up grabbing it's ankle and keeping him from 4 meters. However, the grab puts him close to falling to so the medic ends up grabbing the Jedi's hand and bracing himself on the catwalk to keep them both from falling. This results in the droid swinging head down ... at little over eye level with the team's gunner. As the gunner begins to try and help the droid, it decides to try and head but the gunner, who easily avoids the droids 'attack'. This of course infuriates the droid who again tries and swing to head but the teammate. This continues till the gunner decides to let gravity fix the issue and steps back clear of the droid. Then, the Jedi ... let's go of the droid and swings and drops onto the walkway above the sewage muck. The muck that the droid flops and splashes into... (this took up a large amount of time role playing and was an extremely humorous interlude in the game!)

The gunner and the pilot move off down the walkway, the gunner stepping on the half rotted corps of a large rat/vermin and kicks it out towards the droids head. Amazingly, landing it on the now nearly enraged droid (Icing on the cake for comedy!). As the Jedi assists the droid out of the muck, the team's lead element sees a arched back and fin pop up out of the much and slide back under the water towards the rest of the party. The call out that something is in the sewer. The Jedi replies that yes the droid was in it, but I've got him out. Which leads to a No you don't understand, there is something BIG swimming in the much! This leads to the party scooting close to the wall and avoiding the much as much as possible

Soon, the party finds a ladder leading up to the above cat walk, and guesstimate that it is in the right place to be the access to the Imperial strong point. One after another, and without incident, he party ascends and them moves to find the access.

Soon they are crouched under a securely locked access point to the building above. Also, the team can feel and hear the hum of a reactor above them, so they know this is the place they were looking for. The team gunner sets to work on the door with the plasma cutter, but soon realizes that the manhole cover like door is too thick to easily cut through. The droid moves up, grumbling under his breath, and after a minute or two has defeated the security on the door. Popping it open and down the team clamber up into the above room.

The team are in a darkish room with various power cabling crisscrossing the floor and a hand full of computer terminals flickering in the gloom. The gunner and the Jedi move out to cover the 3 turbo lifts on the far side of the room, the pilot and the droid check out the terminals, and the medic covers the entrance down to the sewer. The droid is locked out of the first terminal, and blasts it in response, but is able to get access to the second terminal. He is able to pull up a map of the compound, set the reactor to cycles through a maintenance power down cycle - starting in 5 minutes - and set a report from the system on the last known location of the R2 unit (the primary objective of the mission).

As the droid worked on the computer system, the Jedi recentered himself and searched the force. Feeling the resistance fighters get into their final position to begin the diversionary attack. Also, he feels the smaller point of anger rapidly approaching but back down in the sewer some distance. He calls the resistance fighters and give them word to attack in 5 minutes, moments after the reactor shuts down and hopefully throws the Imperials defending the base not confusion and shuts down at least some of the heavier weapons defending the base. He then tells the team that they need to move before their friend in the sewer show up.

The team hurries into the turbo lift, and lifts up to the floor marked C&C sub section 1 ( the last location of the r 2 unit). The doors glide open, to reveal a squad of 6 storm troopers ... both groups are surprised, but the stormies are quicker on the draw and get the first shots off. The reel team jumps, rolls and dodges behind cover (or back into the safety of the turbo lift) and all avoid damage -except for the Jedi who receives a grazing blow to the leg which leaves him stunned . The team prepares to return fire, but before their first shot, the droid activates the thermal detonator and tosses it into the middle of the storm troopers. The Jedi, and probably more than just him, curses and yell no, but too late. The detonator goes off vaporizing the troopers and damaging most of the room (worrying the Jedi about the r2 being somewhere in the room in the devastating blast radius.

Before the smoke settles, the team spread out searching the room for the r2 unit (and also find a blaster rifle that managed to survive the explosion). The Jedi stays back counting down the seconds to the reactor shutting off and preparing for the approaching dark user. Within seconds the team medic finds a closed door and have it open, revealing an imperial officer standing over a partially disassembled r2 unit (attached to a data pad). The Officer spins and stands, looking down the barrel of the blaster leveled at his head. Being a good imperial officer he slowly raises his hands in surrender, but a twitch in the corner of his eye gives him away. The medic fires (set on stun) before the imperial can press the close by panic alarm button, and the imperial officer crumples to the ground.

A quick search results in the pieces and parts removed from the r2, a top of the line data pad, a skeleton security key (one that does not belong with a simple imperial officer of such jr rank), and the control rod for the restraining bold attached to the R2 unit.

The medic hands QWAP the data pad and shows him the access key, but refuses to hand it over to it until it humbles itself enough to admit that the medic was as superior as it was. A thing with the droid refuses to do, so into the medic's pocket goes the access security key. This leads the droid to be unable to read the information on the data pad ...

Quickly, the team's pilot and the medic set to work, removing (but keeping) the restraining bolt from the R2 , patching the r2 back together, and quickly convincing it that the team was part of the rebellion, and that we need help finding his master (the Imperial CO that was preparing to defect to the rebellion).

The R2 leads the party, with the unconscious imperial officer bound and tossed over the medic's shoulder, back to the turbo lifts and they all, except for the Jedi, shoot upwards. The Jedi, feeling the anger flare below them, stayed back to disable the repulsor lift that comes up from the lower levels of the compound. He ignites his light saber and begins to cut and weld the repulsor lift doors shut. As they are sealed shut, and the Jedi steps back, the doors begin to glow red and shake. Then explode outward. Fortunately, the Jedi expecting such aggression from the dark user, and he easily ducks under the fragments of the exploding door. Then with more expected aggression the dark sider leaps into the room slicing at the Jedi with his red bladed saber. An attack easily seen and the Jedi rolls under the attack and stands up behind the Dark apprentice. The Dark user expecting an attack on his back swings around only to see the smiling Jedi stepping back into the open repulsor lift next to the one the team took to the level above, and the door slide shut.

The team stands ready for a fight as the door opens ... to an abandoned Command and control room. In their confusion, they hesitate for a second or 2. Then the door to the repulsor lift to their left opens and the Jedi step out terns and fires into the repulsor lift's control. He then turns and lifts his blaster to fire into the repulsor lift that the rest of the team is frozen in. This causes the team to leap to action. The team medic yelling get out and the gunner bumping and pushing GWAP ...

As soon as they are clear of the repulsor lift, the Jedi fires into the lift's controls disabling it and standing the Dark user on the deck below. Then the Jedi centers himself and opens up to the force, allowing the dark user to feel his ... serenity ... This further feeds into the Dark user's anger and further leads to his momentary loss of control. Causing him to waste precious time as the Rebels move to action.

The team runs forward, clearing the room making sure they are alone in the C&C center. Then open the blaster doors overlooking the landing platform. The see 4 storm troopers, 4 army troops, moving crates to the waiting shuttle, and 2 imperial officers walking up the ramp to the shuttle that is being prepped for flight. 1 officer, the older and higher ranking, with his hands cuffed and head lowered in defeat, the younger smugly leading the arrested traitor up to his eventual doom.

The teams gunner snaps his repeater up and fires, into the head of the jr officer. Sending him tumbling to the deck below the shuttle. The team's pilot fires next, followed a split second later by the Jedi, both into the same closer storm trooper. Sending him sprawling and unconscious. The teams medic pushes the R2 unit toward cover, and QWAP stands and begins to give orders to the team (orders that the team was already accomplishing before the droid began to speak). The 3 remaining storm trooper grab their blaster rifles and fire up at the rebels, shooting wildly and ineffectively. The regular army troops flinch and duck seeking cover. The team gunner fires next, followed by the pilot, and then again the gunner. Each shot dropping a storm trooper.

The Jedi, feels anger from below and senses the force being used to propel the dark user in a heroic leap. A leap right into the path of the last falling storm trooper, who when hit tumbled forward off the landing platform. The storm trooper and the dark force user tumbled back to the ground below ... as the 4 remaining army troops turn and run across the platform into the shadows of the far side of the compound (and toward the resistance fighter's attack the will start in 10 .. 9 .. 8 ..

shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always my friend a great recap and reads very good. Thank you again for these recaps. I honestly look forward to your synopsis weekly.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
lurker
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, on Monday we finished the game. Unfortunately, with this week being my vacation (with a trip to Branson, tooooo much late night food, a musical about Jonah & the whale for my girls, and no spare time) I couldn’t do my normal write up.

However, it was a blast of a game! A good (but luckily short – I rolled a 48 on my first LS attack roll and almost tripled the dark force user’s roll) light saber fight. Followed by a TIE bomber chasing our stolen shuttle through the bombed out city. (I surprised the GM and advised the pilot to fly low in the city) And finally shooting it down (again we surprised him and went on a ramming course from below and me blasting him at the last second and our gunner firing the rear turret when we passed the dodging TIE) right before the Alliance corsairs made it into the atmosphere.

Again, despite this weak write up it was a blast of a game !!!!

I do have some work around my house to do next week, but I should have more free time. I’ll try and do a good write up for this (after I do the write up for the normal ‘Harris’ game) if I have a chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: