The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

IC - Episode IV There in the Dark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> IC - Episode IV There in the Dark Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth points in the general direction of his brush with Syllri's presence in the Force. "Syllri is several kilometers that way. It feels like he is unhurt."

((OOC: Roth will keep tracking Syllri through the Force.))
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: Keep the tracking up for now.

Reylan tries to concentrate on the force, but the buffeting turmoil going on int he small jedi on the seat disrupts his connection. "Be calm young one" he starts to say seeing the lightsaber come out. "Hold your action" he says a bit more forcefully to grab the Young Jedi's attention "Do not activate your saber in the vehicle. Talk to me, what is the matter?"

Reylan places his hand on the saber itself lowering his aim ready to take it out of his hand should he try to activate it.

ooc: Not really sure if there is a power for this, but Danger Sense to try to determine if he will activate the saber and remove it from him just prior to doing it. Probably pushing the power's limits of its function but I dont want to just rip it out of his hand now.

I had forgotten that his first master died, and thought that Syllri was his master! OOC Whoops!

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KAWD will attempt to follow the directions Roth is giving and meet up with Syllri.

"Attempting to get to being Syllri."

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth, KAWD, Quin-Tain

The emergency transceiver again crackles to life as the KAWD drives the modified limo past a speeder refueling center with numerous cargo speeder trucks being refueled or just sitting in a parking space as their drivers get some rest. In a position to see more than Roth and the KAWD Quin-Tain could almost swear he caught a brief altercation between a Duro and a teenaged Rodian in a green and tan speeder truck as they passby.

“Unit 87-677A, confirm report of CV-807 airspeeder.”

“Roger control, CV-807 airspeeder forced down in the west end of Lhosan industrial complex. It looks like it will be going nowhere for a while, at least not until a mechanic has had a look at it. Anomid and female human suspects appear to have fled into the complex heading east on foot. Unit 87-111A has set down and is attempting to pursue. Suspects are confirmed to be armed. Requesting additional units for pursuit.”

“Confirmed Unit 87-677A. Air and ground units being dispatched to Lhosan industrial complex.”

“No mention of whether your Mandalorian friend fired on TCA officers,” the constable says. “Nor of shots being fired. I would guess that shots were fired with an aim to forcing Syllri and Ailyn down.

“Roth, you said you sensed Syllri was uninjured,” Giric reminds everyone. “Do you still sense whether or not he is so?”

Before anyone can say anything another voice comes over the emergency transceiver.

“Control, Unit 31-245A, TCA-77 does no" [i] A sudden burst of static drowns out what is said next.

“Unit 31-245A, please repeat that last part.”

“an body found " Static again drowns out what’s being said. ”pulse-wave shot in the fa”

“Unit 31-245A, your signal is breaking up.”

“irm based on height” A quick burst of static. ”Torp.”

“Unit 31-245A, are you saying the female human suspect shot Sgt. Torp with a pulse-wave rifle.”

”Stop who”

There’s the distant sound of thunder, though the team is in the Middle City with kilometers of city still above them. Roth and Quin-Tain quickly remember that on an ecumenopolis like Coruscant or Taris it’s not unheard of for lower levels of the planet not as opened to the sky as the upper most levels may experience their own weather patterns. But thunder? Such storms could be too dangerous in lower levels as if lightning suppression systems don’t exist or fail the lightning might cause structural failure that could bring down portions of the upper levels. Though it might not be a storm. There might be some other explanation.

The KAWD check’s it’s memory banks. It is unable to determine if the lower levels of a planet encompassing ecumenopolis would have their own weather patterns or if those patterns are only found in the upper most levels. But that sounded like thunder somewhere in the general direction of where they are traveling.

“Control, Unit " It’s a different voice, sounds like Unit 31-245G. They sound frantic Again static drowns them out. ”sive. Unit 31-2” Static. ”Ramisu is dead, Fait just managed to esca” Static. ”ed spec” Static. ”team. Believe they are M”

More thunder shakes the vehicle.

“Confirmed Unit 31-245G! What’s going on there?” There’s no response to the controllers request. ”Unit 31-245G please respond.”

“I have a bad feeling about this.” Giric mutters.

Reylan

“But I need to find some parts for a hilt,” Arek says meekly. “I’m very good at making lightsabers, it’s soothing. Bet I’m better than you are at it. But I need parts. Why can’t I just cut them out?”

As Arek talks Reylan opens himself to the Force again, opening his senses to any immediate danger to himself and Arek. He doesn’t sense anything out of the ordinary. Some of the people outside their speeder truck stare at him and Arek a little quizzically, but they more look like they just think the two Jedi were just having an argument rather than realizing what almost just happened. Reylan quickly thanks the Force that no one realized Arek is holding a lightsaber, thankful that he lowered Arek’s aim which quickly lowered the lightsaber below the level of the dash.

At almost the same moment Reylan feels Giric and Bastilda’s presences passing by where he and Arek are parked. Looking out the windshield towards where he feels their presence he sees a primer black vehicle that appears to be an old luxury limo in the front with the rear half of a cargo truck mated to it in the back.

Just then Reylan hears thunder. Reylan quickly remembers that the various levels of a ecumenopolis have their own weather patterns, not just the upper most levels. But a thunderstorm could be dangerous in lower levels if there are no if lightning suppression systems or if those systems fail. Without those systems lightning could at best do absolutely nothing, but at worst it could cause upper levels to collapse down into lower levels, resulting in thousands, maybe even millions of deaths. And certainly billions, if not trillions, of credits in property damage. He also realizes what he heard might not be thunder.

“What was that?” Arek asks. “Sounded like thunder. Do you think that there’s a thunder storm coming this way? Can it even rain down here? I mean I would have thought only the Upper City would experience rain. Down here maybe near shafts to the Upper City might see rain. But I’d have thought that if you weren’t near those shafts you wouldn’t get any rain. Well, maybe near areas that aren’t yet covered over by levels above them, they probably see rain too.

”What would happen if there was a thunderstorm? Do you think we’re safe? I’m not scared of thunderstorms, or lightning. But could they cause anything to fall down from above and maybe kill us? Wait, if that happened there be what, maybe a hundred others killed? A thousand?”

As Arek finishes Reylan hears more thunder. And it’s coming from the general direction the strange black limo/speeder truck thing is headed in. A quick glance at the map reveals that’s also the direction of Cargo Transport Air Traffic Shaft 507-A1-12.

KAWD

As the second thunder clap fades the KAWD suddenly sees fish swimming just outside the windshield. They seem almost like their circling it, just out of reach.

“Stay away,” a sense of dread comes over the droid as one fish seems to take a sudden interest in it. “Don’t come any closer or I’ll shock you.”

The fish either doesn’t hear it or is ignoring it. Was it even spoken or was it a thought. The fish keeps coming, a row of razor sharp teeth clearly visible in both the top and bottom of it’s jaw.

Off to it’s left it sees a couple star shaped creatures, one very quickly escaping from the fish. But the other fails to see a fish come up behind it. In terror it watches the creature get devoured.

“Could be me. Must run, must escape.”

(OOC: Roth still doesn’t feel that Syllri is injured. Roth still tracking Syllri so Life Sense still up.

Reylan still tracking both Giric and Bastilda, so Life Sense up for Reylan. Reylan now has Danger Sense up.)

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan keeps the smile off his face at the flurry of questions. I wonder if I was like this when I was a youngling he thinks to himself before he responds.

"If you cut them out of our vehicle, you have a chance of harming us when the vehicle protests to your cutting. As well you might disable the vehicle from moving. There is also the matter of us being under cover and not wanting to draw attention to ourselves."

He looks up at the sound of the thunder, thoughts going through his mind. They are then echoed by the younglings questions "I believe that was probably thunder." he says as he pulls back out onto the road after the limo. "Keep your eye on the black Limo ahead of us. Giric and Sgt Bastilda are within it."

He continues explaning "Ecumenopolises, that is to say multi tiered cities, can have a different weather pattern on each level. Remeber your teachings about the Water Cycle? This described how water from Lakes evaporate to form clouds. The clouds then rain onto the Earth. Then the water goes into the Lakes again. Well this holds true for all biospheres. When you have segregated tiers, each tier forms their own miniature biosphere within the whole biosphere of the planet. While connected and related, they can be different patterns.

Usually there are lightning suppression systems on the lower levels to reduce the chances of damage. If lightning does strike it has the chance of causing damage. In extreme cases this can cause collapse of a level, however many structures have this in mind and build failsafes. Keep your senses attuned for danger."

He keeps driving toward the Limo trying to get in behind it in the flow of traffic.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KAWD quickly looks for a place to pull over but before it makes any visible sign of its intent to stop it announces to the group to ensure that Giric does not impale the KAWD.

“This unit may be impaired. Auditory sensors have detected thunder like sounds but internal systems indicate this is unlikely to occur in this environment. Additionally virtual beings have reappeared. This unit’s vision is not impeded but this unit cannot dedicate the required run cycles to the task of driving the vehicle until the virtual beings have subsided. Recommendation: This unit is replaced as the driver of this vehicle.”

OOC: Is the frequency of the emergency channel listed somewhere on the console? Can the KAWD and Ali tune their internal comlinks to this frequency?

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth shakes his head. "Syllri is still fine, as yet. I'm continuing to track him."

After the KAWD's mention of the thunder-like noise, as well as its belief that it should be replaced as the driver, Roth says, "That was not a malfunction; I'm hearing it too. However, it may not be thunder; it could be a number of things, including a series of explosions. For now, I'd suggest you keep driving; we need to get off-planet, and the quicker we do that, the better. Stopping will eat up valuable time."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan

"I didn't think of that," Arek replies meekly when Reylan points out the potential danger of cutting into the speeder with his lightsaber. Then he perks up when Reylan mentions Giric and the constable. "Their in that vehicle? How do you know? What about the other's on the team? Wait, what black limo? I see a black delivery speeder truck up but no limo."

About five more speeders get ahead of Relan before he can pull out back into the flow of traffic. He thanks the Force none of them is another speeder truck which might block his sight of the bizarre speeder limo/delivery truck thing. As Reylan begins following their target, he notes it slowly beginning to move erratically.

More sound of distant thunder draws his attention to the area the speeder is heading in. Then he sees something he's never seen before rising up into the air. It's kilometers distant so he can't make out details but he can see it's large than the airspeeders the team was using. It's clearly larger than his own
Azalyn-class interceptor fighter. And from the direction it's rising from it's clearly coming up from the Lower City, from where the Red Claw base is.

KAWD

The KAWD suddenly hears a loud sigh even as it sees it's own braid, so much thinner than it's used to, come forth and a bolt of electricity issues forth towards the fish. The monster suddenly stops swimming for a moment or two, then with a sudden twist of it's body and a flic of it's tail the fish reverses direction.

“I have been forced"
It's a man's voice, clearly not someone on the team. But there are more fish there. It can feel the terror, terror droids aren't supposed to feel. Droids aren't supposed to feel at all. Yet there's an urgent need to flee, the fish are moving in. As if to avenge the one it just sacred off. "scramble the index file. The data is not gone" A fish darts ahead of the group. The feeling of needing to zap it is over powering. "recoverable without considerable work." A second fish darts forward as the first is zapped. It's too fast to zap the second and the droid feels the only way to escape is to dodge. It just barely makes it out of the fishes way, feeling it's body slide against it's braids. "new scrambled files should be uploaded to the matrix and overwrite the existing files. Now if one of the new prototypes were to fall in battle and be recovered by the enemy it should prove impossible for them to uncover inadvertently revealed confidential information.”

Braids? It only has one braid? Doesn't it? Doesn't matter, the fish are still there. Still hungry. Their in a large group and sooner or later it's energy will fall. It's gotta flee, and flee now.

The urge to flee is starting to over power the KAWD and it starts weaving all over it's side of the road. It doesn't even notice more thunder or the object rising into the sky

Roth and Quin-Tain

The KAWD starts driving erratically, it's braid almost seems to be twitching nervously.

"Which will eat up more time," the constable asks, "stopping to change drivers or us crashing? This thing is loosing it's processors."

"It said something about seeing parasites and fish that weren't there in the Red Claw base," Giric announces. "That the parasites were hunted by the fish."

There's the sound of more thunder and in the distance they can see something rising up into the air. But there's too many kilometers separating it and them to tell what it is, other than the fact that it's big.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Potential issue. Virtual beings are broadcasting experiences. This unit is experiencing considerable emotional input which is taking more and more run time away from tasks such as driving the vehicle. Additionally fractured conversations are being overlaid with the broadcast. Unknown origin of broadcast. Potential flaw with Krath Advanced War Machine being exploited in order to hinder the group's progress. Conversation appears to be unintentional. Relaying now in case conversation gives a clue as to the origin of the broadcast."

“I have been forced" It's a man's voice, clearly not someone on the team...."scramble the index file. The data is not gone" .... "recoverable without considerable work." .... "new scrambled files should be uploaded to the matrix and overwrite the existing files. Now if one of the new prototypes were to fall in battle and be recovered by the enemy it should prove impossible for them to uncover inadvertently revealed confidential information.”

OOC: The KAWD attempts to hold it together until is given permission to cease being the driver at which point it will pull over as soon as it can.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan similes and says "Yes, that is the one. It is 5 cars ahead of us in this lane. I know because I was able to sense their presence in the Force. I am not yet sure where others are. I will attempt to get their attention."

ooc: bring down all powers.

Reylan concentrates on the Force, allowing it to flow through his body once more. This time he pushes an image out to Giric in the car in front of him. He sends a picture of his current view - that is Wheel his truck, the 5 vehicles and then the back of their vehicle. He then sends the thought of "Wait... Pull Over... Reylan...Arek" hoping that their vehicle will pull over and they can join up. The thought of pulling over is enhanced by his concern for their erratic movements.

ooc: I am pretty sure I cannot Concentration while driving - but ill keep re-attempting until I am sure they got the message.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Point taken," Roth says to the constable. "KAWD, pull over immediately. Proceed as safely as possible. Once we're stopped, shift seats so Giric can keep watch over you."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAWD and Roth

The droid seems to be loosing control of itself altogether. Roth reaches over and tries to steady the controls as the KAWD pulls over to the side of the road.

"There's someone following us," Giric announces, shaking his head as if trying to clear the cobwebs. "I think it's Reylan. Think he wants us to wait for him."

As Giric says this the team can see another object like the first rising into the air. Suddenly there's a flash of light rising up from the ground. As the light dies down it's replaced by smoke. one of the two objects begins moving off away from the direction of the shaft. There is a streak of light originating from the one remaining behind and then a clap of thunder as more smoke rises from the ground.

"Con" Static drowns out what's coming across the emergency transceiver. "ar zone. Red Cl" More static. But the team could swear they hear gunfire and explosions in the background. "cent civilians" There's a brief burst of static. "murdered. N" Static kills whatever is about to be said.

"What's going on down there?" the voice of the controller screams. There's a certain nervousness in their voice.

Reylan

Even as Reylan begins summoning the Force he notices the strange limo pull over to the side of the road. Either someone inside spotted them or a decision was made to change drivers.

In the distance Reylan can see another object like the first rising into the air. Suddenly there's a flash of light rising up from the ground. As the light dies down it's replaced by smoke. One of the two objects begins moving off away from the direction of the shaft. There is a streak of light originating from the one remaining behind and then a clap of thunder as more smoke rises from the ground.

Roth

As Roth watches the movement of the strange objects he notes the one peeling off is heading in the direction he senses Syllri in.

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan fininshes sending the message, but smiles at the convinence of them pulling over. "Grab the map from the glove box, we will get in the vehicle with the rest of them. I hope thiers is not stolen" Reylan says as he pulls over behind the other vehicle.

Keeping his senses awake for danger, he approaches the limo on foot keeping close to Arek in case of danger.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible the KAWD will not get out of the limo and will clamber over the seats to get out of the way for whoever is going to be the new driver without exiting the vehicle.

"Attempting not to be seen as this unit's description may have been passed on to the authorities."

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth points at the object that seems to be moving towards Syllri. "Whatever that is, it's heading towards where Syllri is. We need to get over there, and quickly."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204  Next
Page 201 of 204

Jump to: