The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What I am doing with my new game...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> What I am doing with my new game...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: What I am doing with my new game... Reply with quote

So I started this scoundrels game where the players escaped after a prison transport crash landed taking them to the spice mines of kessel, and over the course of 10 adventures they've gotten to know one another and came to think of one another as a crew working together. they made a point of boasting that no job was to big, no fee was to big. In the first game they made a contact with a couple of members of the Rebellion who said they might call on them sometime and a couple of games ago, that sometime came...

The group was approached about a bounty that the Rebellion wanted collected, they had took out a bounty on one Wilhuff Tarkin (Dead only...), that's right...Grand Moff Tarkin. It seems that info had been passed to the Rebellion via spies that he was coming back to Coruscant to meet with the Emperor to speak to the senate about funding for a weapon that would end the separatist Rebellion once and for all. It was believed that by taking out Tarkin (amongst other key targets...) that the creation of this so called super-weapon would never come to pass...

The team was given travel routes and Itineraries for Tarkin and set up a triangulation of fire in a JFK like fashion (I let them make whatever plans they wanted...) out in the plaza in front of the senate building. The hit went off without a hitch, they blew the armored speeder out of the sky and then tried to slink back into the shadows figuring they were gonna go collect their money.

Within moments the Imperials had their faces, names and descriptions (no one had bothered to even attempt to disguise themselves...) as word spread of the death of the Clone War hero Wilhuff Tarkin, the Empire locked down the planet closing off the space ports and granting itself emergency powers to search any vessel that might have brought these brigands to the jewel of the Imperial crown.

Several firefights ensued with them having to engage in a running firefight to keep from being captured and as the first (of two) games ended the Emperor announced that in light of the horrendous nature of the crime and since the assassins might strike out at anyone, the Senate was hereby suspended with the regional governors taking control of their sectors to maintain peace.

That's when the players looked up me and realized they were the reason for the suspension of the senate...LOL

More to come later.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your running an infinities game. Do you have it planned out how things would develop without tarkin in the realm?
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you misread that...I never said Tarkin was killed, I said they blew the speeder out of the sky. No one bothered to stick around and check the wreckage. The Empire made announcements and the truth is that Tarkin was never there to begin with. It was a set up to bring the Rebellion out into the light and give the Emperor 'reason' to suspend the senate 'for safeties sake...' by granting the power to regional governors.

Tarkin, in the game, is really aboard the Death Star overseeing the final stages of its construction (or Whatever it was he was doing as Star Wars started...) This was all an elaborate ruse by the Emperor to 'squash' any sympathy the rebellion might have and gain support from the public to engage in witch-hunt for these 'terrorists'.

They made a movie about doing this sort of thing called 'Wag the dog'

The players eventually got off of Coruscant and did met up with the Rebellion who informed them that they never actually killed Tarkin...
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Zarn on Mon May 13, 2019 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ Zarn...perhaps...baw-ha-haw!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! As I near that point in our campaign, I'll have to consider doing something similar (getting the PCs to be behind the reason for the suspension of the Senate, anyway).

Great idea, Bobmalooga! 8)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobmalooga wrote:

The players eventually got off of Coruscant and did met up with the Rebellion who informed them that they never actually killed Tarkin...

If the planet is in such a lockdown, how did they eventually get out? Or did it 'relax' restrictions after a while of not finding anyone?
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gharkal, they 'escaped' because a dead prisoner creates martyrs for the cause and live 'assassin' give them a reason and foe to focus attention on. Besides the empire has an inside man, one of my players wants to go full darkside...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH. so they were allowed to escape. Got it.
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...Yes, and they never quite questioned (perhaps thinking it was just a blessing of the dice...) how they never managed to get shot out of the sky by the star destroyers and how they managed to outrun so many TIE-Fighters...
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They let us go. It's the only explanation for the ease of our escape!"
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the old Han Solo trick!
Wonder when they will think to check their ship for trackers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: