The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Where would I find an Imperial Tech timeline?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Where would I find an Imperial Tech timeline?! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-The-Jedi-Path/dp/1452102279

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jedi_Path:_A_Manual_for_Students_of_the_Force_(real-life_book)

Tape the session and put it on YouTube.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynanbloodbane wrote:
My plan is to attempt a long run campaign that starts at the end of the clone wars and concludes at the battle of Endor...

Epic!

cynanbloodbane wrote:
...To that end I was trying to establish a timeline of the actual hardware of the Imperial Fleet.

aegisflashfire wrote:
I tend to assume that new hardware gets rolled out to the high priority parts of the fleet first. Thus Vader's fleet and the Death Star were mostly using cutting edge equipment.

Low priority sectors and parts of the galaxy, as well as the fringe are much much slower to receive newer equipment. Thus the empire may well be using Clone Wars ships on the outer rim.

cf. EP 1. "I've outrun imperial starships before, not the local bulk cruisers, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships."

cf. "Looks like an Imperial Cruiser. Our passengers must be hotter than I thought."

The presence of even 1 Star Destroyer in the system is a hint to Han that his passengers are a big deal. This indicates to me that ISD's (or SD's of any kind) are few and far between in the outer rim.

That all makes sense to me.

cynanbloodbane wrote:
Yes, I was looking for canon, or EU canon as the case may be. I have spent quite a bit of time on Wookieepedia looking for dates but most only show era.

Yeah, I was surprised that the Imp I and Vic I & II had specific introduction years in their entries, and I'm sure a lot of the ships I didn't look into don't have that established.

cynanbloodbane wrote:
Aside from tech, I was interested in how the Imperial Inquisition was formed. Wookieepedia states that some were turned Jedi, but not all. This was always on my wish list of things I wish SWTCW had tackled. Inquisitors would have been at their most useful in the years immediately following Order 66, but unless there is some training area prior to then all he is going to have is dark jedi.

Yeah, there really isn't much information in the Inquisitorius entry.

DougRed4 wrote:
You might find it interesting that Inquisitors are definitely making it into the new (Story Group) canon, as they've been established in the TV show Star Wars: Rebels.

Well technically only a single Inquisitor has made it into the new canon so far. The EU has an entire organization of Inquisitors of various ranks, but Rebels just has The Inquisitor (and so far the character doesn't have any other name).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
DougRed4 wrote:
You might find it interesting that Inquisitors are definitely making it into the new (Story Group) canon, as they've been established in the TV show Star Wars: Rebels.

Well technically only a single Inquisitor has made it into the new canon so far. The EU has an entire organization of Inquisitors of various ranks, but Rebels just has The Inquisitor (and so far the character doesn't have any other name).

True. But still, the fact that they've included such a character at all suggests that somebody among TPTB likes the concept, at least a little, I would imagine. In my mind it's validation of the idea and position, and I imagine we'll eventually learn more about what that title/position entails.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Whill wrote:
DougRed4 wrote:

True. But still, the fact that they've included such a character at all suggests that somebody among TPTB likes the concept, at least a little, I would imagine. In my mind it's validation of the idea and position, and I imagine we'll eventually learn more about what that title/position entails.

One of the SWR episodes stated that the Inquisitor had removed & redirected a stormtrooper cadet that was outperforming all others (read force adept) the to train as an inquisitor or to kill and eliminate a potential threat has yet to be established.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynanbloodbane wrote:
DougRed4 wrote:
Whill wrote:
DougRed4 wrote:

One of the SWR episodes stated that the Inquisitor had removed & redirected a stormtrooper cadet that was outperforming all others (read force adept) the to train as an inquisitor or to kill and eliminate a potential threat has yet to be established.

In the EU entry for the Inquisitor organization, it says they would try to convert surviving Jedi to the Dark Side or kill them if not possible, so it seems that is likely the same mission the Rebels Inquisitor has. In the ABC rebroadcast of the pilot, a new scene opens up the episode showing Vader telling the Inquisitor that his master has tasked the Inquisitor with hunting down the "children of the Force". And in the first episode where the Inquisitor encounters Kanan and Ezra, the Inquisitor offers the Dark Side as an option to Ezra. So it seems the additon to the original mission of hunting Jedi is to also convert or kill children of surviving Jedi or otherwise Force-sensative children like Ezra.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: