The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ruminations on a true 3rd edition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Ruminations on a true 3rd edition Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
This is as opposed to a reaction skill, which puts you at a penalty the next round; haste would have no follow up penalty.

I'm not following here, Mojomoe. What penalty does anyone have the following round (after a reaction skill)?
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. Well at least the way we've always played, reaction skills put you at the normal multi-action penalty -1D for next round. Is this not RAW?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
Huh. Well at least the way we've always played, reaction skills put you at the normal multi-action penalty -1D for next round. Is this not RAW?

Ooookaaaay, this is strange. Not that you did it. My GM had house ruled that this was the way to go in my very first campaign. It isn't RAW, but both you and he were using the same rule. I find that delightfully weird. Maybe it was from 1E? Something carried over from D&D?

The RAW states that you can use the reaction skill this round with an additional MAP. That is to say, suppose you have a melee parry of 5D, dodge skill of 5D and a blaster of 4D. I decide to take two shots with my blaster, I take each of them at 3D (-1D for two actions). Now I'm getting shot at, so I apply a -2D to my dodge and roll 3D (3 actions = -2D). Now someone is swinging an axe at me. I need to use my melee parry skill, and I apply a -3D penalty (4 actions = -3D). So I roll a pithy 2D to parry.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:

Nope, as ches pointed out, that's not RAW. That part threw me for a second, as I wasn't familiar with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: