The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

shard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> shard Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering about another way to look at this: Perhaps you should add Transfer Life to the powers list. The Shard, once someone has taken hold of the sword, could first use Control Mind to make things easier for the rest of its plan. Once Control Mind has been successfully used (meaning the victim failed their Willpower roll), the Shard then uses Transfer Life to actually inhabit the body of the victim. It would then be free to wreak havoc as that being until it is finally vanquished; however, instead of dispersing into the void for a time, as would normally happen, the alchemy used to create this particular sword draws the Shard's life force back into the sword, where it awaits the opportunity to take another victim.

If you do want to go this route, I personally would say that the process of being drawn back into the sword causes the Shard to go into a short period of 'hibernation,' where it replenishes its Force energy so that it can attempt to take another victim.

And I have NO problem with you running with this idea! The only thing I'd ask is that, once you've actually figured out what you're going to do, I'd like to hear what you run with, and how it goes.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savar wrote:
I like how you did Ghrrz-Thzzhl, only thing I might have added is a specialization of Sith sword with melee combat and melee parry.

Still can or you can do it yourself. Certainly no need to specialize in the skill unless you want to I guess. Okay wait, he already has Melee Combat +3D+2 and Melee Parry 3D. Put him into a droid body with Dexterity 3D and he becomes 6D+2 and 6D. That's pretty smoking good. You think he would have training in a Sith sword? This is straying waaaaaaay off from the original concept. Its your character to do with what you like, I am just giving ideas and letting you run with it =)
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:

And I have NO problem with you running with this idea! The only thing I'd ask is that, once you've actually figured out what you're going to do, I'd like to hear what you run with, and how it goes.

I second that request. As it is unlikely that I will ever GM a game. I had just posted it as an idea for someone else. Unless I would use it when writing up a scenario.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: