The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bounty Hunter rates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Bounty Hunter rates?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Bounty Hunter rates? Reply with quote

Hey all -

Perhaps I missed this in GG10: is there a coherent list, either in D6 or D20, of standard bounty rates? Such as:

Galactic bounty, grand treason: 750,000 credits
Sector bounty, spaceship theft: 20,000 credits
Planetary bounty, premeditated murder: 2,000 credits.

I suppose the nearest I could think of would be to check against standard US bail amounts, but that would only give me a ballpark
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bounty Hunter rates? Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
Hey all -

Perhaps I missed this in GG10: is there a coherent list, either in D6 or D20, of standard bounty rates? Such as:

Galactic bounty, grand treason: 750,000 credits
Sector bounty, spaceship theft: 20,000 credits
Planetary bounty, premeditated murder: 2,000 credits.

I suppose the nearest I could think of would be to check against standard US bail amounts, but that would only give me a ballpark

GG10 pgs 38-42 give classifications of bounties, example price ranges, and lists of associated crimes. It isn't an easy to follow chart like you'd expect, but it's there.
Venerath
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collecting a bounty is like buying a spaceship in reverse. When you buy that tramp freighter from Meeto Beechou's Used starships, Meeto tells you that the price of that sweet Corona Transport is 27,000 credits. Of course after you sign the paperwork he directs you to the small print that shows that there is a 10% local tax, a 300 credit cleaning/servicing fee, a 500 credit emissions and safety inspection/certification fee, a 200 credit ownership transfer processing fee, and a 100 credit class 3 background check to make sure they are not selling a space capable ship (restricted ya know, requires a permit and all that) to someone who has the death penalty in 8 systems. Of course, for an additional 1,000 credits he knows someone who can expedite the process so you can leave now and avoid that bounty hunter who is coming after you.

That 75,000 credit bounty looks pretty sweet, but by the time you pay a high value target permit (1,000 credits per month), sector permit (1,000 credits/month up to 10,000), possible system permits, or worst case scenario a capture permit (25% of the posting price of the bounty), the cut to a guild or employer, the cut to an agent acting on their behalf, fees to search postings (where applicable), data core fees, expiditor services, receiving fees, collateral damage fees to local governments/corporations, bribes to local officials, credits paid to informants, credits to cover basic expenses of the hunt (for starships and all that), credits for special equipment required for this very difficult target, possibly having to share a bounty with another hunter who shows up to "help" at the last minute and anything else the GM can think of....

And they should walk away with 20%-30% of the original posting (and some fun new gear, possibly some equipment belonging to their target that they can pawn if the bounty came with salvage rights, all that jazz). When government officials see permits for large bounties come through their local they see credits.....
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. All the fees and other nickle and dime expenses do add up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: