The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Clone Wars aborted ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Clone Wars aborted ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evilnerf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Clone Wars aborted ideas Reply with quote

Anyone see these out of celebration? It's concept art for what would have been the next season of Clone Wars.

I'm especially disappointed about the Yuuzhan Vong. I really would have loved to to see one of them on screen and I think their style fits well with the Clone Wars Aesthetic.

Ah well, adding it to the pile with the Sword of the Jedi duology, Dark Times, Knight Errant and Legacy Volume 2 as things that woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know TCW was pretty much just a continuity wrecking ball, but... unless they were just planning on screwing over the entire NJO, how would TCW-era Vong even have worked? Did they elaborate on how they planned to use them?

Hard core OT, all the way!
evilnerf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was going to be an advanced scout.

It makes sense to me, because there are quite a few examples of Yuuzhan Vong in the GFFA well before the NJO. Off the top of my head I can think of the following examples:

- It's implied that Canderous Ordo in KotOR saw a Yuuzhan Vong ship.
- The "Far Outsiders" were Yuuzhan Vong that showed up a few years EARLIER then the clone wars.
- There are many examples of Sleeper agents who were undercover for decades such as Nom Anor.

So, Kinda from the beginning it was implied as a possibility. If they had made it into the show, they just would have had to make it so the Jedi didn't find out much about these mysterious aliens.

Come to think about it, I think Anakin may have previously run into them in Rogue Planet. Which, if they took that into account, would have made for some very interesting tie ins!

I don't disagree that they screwed up a lot of things in Clone Wars, but this to me seems a loveletter to the EU rather then ignoring it like they did most of the time.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Vergere ran into them in the backstory to Rogue Planet, but they were gone by the time Anakin and Obi-wan arrived.

Anyhow, that makes sense. I just wasn't sure if they were going more of a 'screw the EU, we will use the Yuuzhan Vong as a main villain and then that will become their ONLY canon appearance' direction, or a 'fitting in with NJO by having it be a scout ship' direction.

Hard core OT, all the way!
evilnerf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
I think that Vergere ran into them in the backstory to Rogue Planet, but they were gone by the time Anakin and Obi-wan arrived.

Anyhow, that makes sense. I just wasn't sure if they were going more of a 'screw the EU, we will use the Yuuzhan Vong as a main villain and then that will become their ONLY canon appearance' direction, or a 'fitting in with NJO by having it be a scout ship' direction.

I wholeheartedly believe that the Clone Wars team was unaware of the sale to disney (or else there wouldn't have been so many unfinished episodes when it was cancelled).

I also believe that at least some members of the Clone Wars team had an appreciation of the EU and tried to keep their writing consistant with it. For example, as conflicting with the EU as the New Mandalorian episodes were, they did do little touches to try to keep it consistent. The head of the Death Watch was from the same clan as a previous Death Watch leader from Jango Fett: Open Seasons and even had the same symbol on his helmet.

So, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt that the team was genuinely trying to do a 'forshadowing' to the NJO rather then superscede it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: