The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Buy, Sell and Trade messages ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Buy, Sell and Trade messages ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Buy, Sell and Trade messages ? Reply with quote

Is there an appropriate place to post buy, sell and trade post on the forums ?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually people post them either in this forum or (sometimes very rarely) in tools. But yeah, if you're offloading your books, then I think it's great to give people here a heads up.

EDIT: Please post WEG Star Wars items for sale or wanted in the General Star Wars forum.
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks. I don't really have much to sell but I do have a nice size want list.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... are any of the adventure Journals on the want list? Because I've got a couple of extra right here.
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
So.... are any of the adventure Journals on the want list? Because I've got a couple of extra right here.

Actually, I just scored what I thought was a sweet deal this past year all 15 of them for 199 with free shipping but I see they all just went recently for for 110.

I might wait till afer my trip to Vegas near the end of June to post my list so I don't end up spending all my vacation money before then. The wife would not be happy. But I just got an Assault on Hoth box game off ebay for a really good deal and might need parts if it's not complete.

I am also immediately in the market for a Star Wars Miniatures Vehicle starter set box. I really want just the box but I would be willing to pay for the whole thing if the price is good.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With it breaking down to $14 a piece with free shipping, you really can't complain. Even if someone is going to get a better deal, you still got a fair deal.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Assault on Hoth Reply with quote

jawa1138 wrote:
I just got an Assault on Hoth box game off ebay for a really good deal and might need parts if it's not complete.

Jawa, when you get a chance I would appreciate your help. I still have my Assault on Hoth game that the players in my first WEG SW player group got me as a Christmas gift in 1988. I'm pretty sure it is still complete, but I haven't played it in 15 years. The images on the special dice (that have Vader heads and blue lightsaber blades) are almost complete faded away. Just to make my game functionally playable again, could you tell what the six faces of that die are supposed to be (how many Vader sides and saber sides, etc.) so I can take a permanent marker to them and "fix" them? Thanks!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It should arrive on the 4th as far as the tracking shows. I will let you know as soon as it does.
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assault on Hoth arrived today. Yay!

It is only missing one AT-ST cardboard piece, which I can work around unless someone has one they can spare.

Whill, the dice show a lightsaber on two sides, Darth Vader's head on two sides and the other two are blank. The images are on opposite sides from each other so that if a lightsaber is showing on top it is also the bottom image.

Just checked and they are the same exact dice that come in Battle for Endor except that in Hoth you get 8 instead of 6.

Also if you have some blank dice or the faded ones still from the Hoth game, you can go to Boardgame Geek and look up Battle for Endor, there is a file there for printable stickers to repair your dice.

Hope that helps.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: Assault on Hoth Reply with quote

jawa1138 wrote:
Assault on Hoth arrived today. Yay!

It is only missing one AT-ST cardboard piece, which I can work around unless someone has one they can spare.

Whill, the dice show a lightsaber on two sides, Darth Vader's head on two sides and the other two are blank. The images are on opposite sides from each other so that if a lightsaber is showing on top it is also the bottom image.

Just checked and they are the same exact dice that come in Battle for Endor except that in Hoth you get 8 instead of 6.

Also if you have some blank dice or the faded ones still from the Hoth game, you can go to Boardgame Geek and look up Battle for Endor, there is a file there for printable stickers to repair your dice.

Hope that helps.

I does. Thank you. And I appreciate knowing about the sticker option in case I mess up my attempt at marker dice art too bad.

I remember the game seeming significantly biased towards the Rebel player winning (all transports get away before the power generator is destroyed). I played it quite a bit with a variety of people playing each side and the Imperial player almost never won according to RAW. I can't remember exactly what we did now, but I think we even experimented with different ways to try to even the odds. We may have even tried having the Imperial player start with an extra AT-AT.

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing your experience with it after you get a chance to play it a few times.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: