The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Indiana Jones Adventures (D6)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Indiana Jones Adventures (D6) Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawa1138 wrote:
I'm not one for superhero rpgs, but I do own TSR Marvel Superheros and Villians and Vigillantes. V&V looks to be the most promissing of the two and my kids keep asking for a chance to play it. Someday perhaps.

I might re-buy Marvel Superheroes just out of nostalgia if I can find it cheap enough. But if I ever actually run a superheroes game, I already have and would use D6 Powers (and perhaps Godsend Agenda D6). I can only imagine ever running it if it is something my son really wants to play someday. Otherwise I'll stick with running SW D6.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got the DC Universe RPG just to take a detailed look at the D6 Legends mechanics. The book was $4, so I didn't feel like I could really go wrong.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I actually got the DC Universe RPG just to take a detailed look at the D6 Legends mechanics. The book was $4, so I didn't feel like I could really go wrong.

Good deal. I think the copy I found of that book was $6. I got it more out of being an old DC fan and wanting to have a complete WEG RPG collection than specifically wanting to learn more about the D6 Legend game system. I also have the Hercules & Xena box set which also used Legends.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost went the Xena/Hercules route given that my eldest daughter adores Xena (I mean, hey... she could do worse). But the rulebook was much more expensive at the time, and I'm not sure when we'd play.
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xena rpg brings a pretty high price most of the time on EBAY and the box set is hard to find there.

I have been trying to pick it up for about a year now.

What is the Tank Girl game like? Anyone know?
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
jawa1138 wrote:
I'm not one for superhero rpgs, but I do own TSR Marvel Superheros and Villians and Vigillantes. V&V looks to be the most promissing of the two and my kids keep asking for a chance to play it. Someday perhaps.

I might re-buy Marvel Superheroes just out of nostalgia if I can find it cheap enough. But if I ever actually run a superheroes game, I already have and would use D6 Powers (and perhaps Godsend Agenda D6). I can only imagine ever running it if it is something my son really wants to play someday. Otherwise I'll stick with running SW D6.

The Marvel box set runs pretty cheap most of the time, I got mine complete for super cheap. Many of the modules run about 4$ each a lot of the time.
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanDarkstar wrote:
cheshire wrote:
jawa1138 wrote:

Not sure what book you are talking about but I own Maqic & Mysticism: The Dark Continent. It covers Africa as a setting with chapters for Witchcraft, Shamamism, and Sorcery with new dis/advantages, magic rules, sample spells and adventure hooks. There is also an assortment of character templates near the end and a d6/masterbook conversion page.

Oh my gosh, I didn't know it was actually released. That is SOOOO on my lookout list.

Found it on Biblio.com: Indiana Jones Magic & Mysticism

For most games my first page to check for released items as well as some good tid bits of info and non release items at time is Waynes Books.

http://www.waynesbooks.com/IndianaJones.html
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawa1138 wrote:
The Marvel box set runs pretty cheap most of the time, I got mine complete for super cheap.

Sweet.

jawa1138 wrote:
Xena rpg brings a pretty high price most of the time on EBAY and the box set is hard to find there.

I have been trying to pick it up for about a year now.

I've never even seen the Hercules or Xena shows. I would have preferred the DC box set and the Xena book, but I found the Xena box for a decent price and DC book for cheap, so that's where it fell for my WEG collection.

jawa1138 wrote:
What is the Tank Girl game like? Anyone know?

Not me. I decided that I wasn't going to track down every Masterbook game world for my WEG RPG collection. Masterbook is a horrible system. But I love Indiana Jones, so that was my one Masterbook game. And I don't know anything about Tank Girl anyway. Was it a comic book? Movie?

jawa1138 wrote:
For most games my first page to check for released items as well as some good tid bits of info and non release items at time is Waynes Books.

http://www.waynesbooks.com/IndianaJones.html

Cool.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much that I want to track every masterbook game, just the ones I would like or would have flavor for my other games. Tank Girl was a fun movie not quite as fun as A Boy and his Dog but still.

We have a few seasons of Xena on dvd my daughter loves them.

WEG had quite a great selection of Licenses in thier day - Men in Black, Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones the list goes on. I would have to say that they are the company that I most collect even compared to TSR.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawa1138 wrote:
cheshire wrote:
Whill wrote:
I've also got it, and a few of the Masterbook IJ books. Masterbook was a horrible system for IJ so the D6 book was great, but too little too late.

The real kick in the teeth was the magic and mystics D6 book it said would be released as a future supplement that would be released for Indiana Jones. I would LOVE to have seen that book.

Not sure what book you are talking about but I own Maqic & Mysticism: The Dark Continent. It covers Africa as a setting with chapters for Witchcraft, Shamamism, and Sorcery with new dis/advantages, magic rules, sample spells and adventure hooks. There is also an assortment of character templates near the end and a d6/masterbook conversion page.

After a fair bit of patience, I've findally got a copy of it on the way! I'm actually pretty excited to see what WEG had lined up for their spells!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: