The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How To Make a PC Droid???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> How To Make a PC Droid??? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meriba wrote:
These are legal designs, but not legal characters, right?

Then, If you want play to play a droid appeared in the book, you should reduce XD to match 25D? A lower, damaged or dysfunctional version of that droid maybe?

Yes, it is written in 2eRE that gm created npc droids can have more 25D, but not player character dorids.
dph
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through this myself recently.
Looked into Droid creation and found it to be a bit of a mess for me.

I let my player make a Droid using the standard character creation rules with the Attribute limitations of the model.
We worked together to decide what attachments he had.
He raises skills like a standard character but repairs like a droid (he makes his own 'parts' medpacs).

Now this system works better for some models than others and requires players and the GM to work together to design a 'fair' final model but basically, I just wanted to keep it simple for myself and the player.

So far it works great and it doesn't take away the 'droidness' of the character, though I would like to tweak/adapt it to create a more formal system.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/roguetraders
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: