The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Character Conversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Character Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Character Conversion Reply with quote

I know it's not an exact science, but when I get a D20 character back could folks with both sets of books help me convert my D20 character to his D6 equivalent?

over the holiday brake wile our regular games are on hold we do pick ups of stuff we haven't done in a long time or try new things this time around it's D20 Star Wars. I'm running a Jedi Consular that I'm enjoying lots, ATM the GM has decided that since we just broke 7th level he'd audit our characters to make sure we have bean handling advancements right (we don't play D20 games much so their are likely many mistakes).

it's a Clone Wars era game and we have just fought the 1st Battle of Geonosis. hopefully now their is a war on I can stop sneaking on to criminals Transports and my Lightsaber fighting is good enough that I can stop using the force to steal Droid Blasters and going on a shooting spree every time their is a big fight.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCR, RCR, or SAGA? I'm not good with OCR or RCR. SAGA is hard, but if you get it in soon, I can take a look at it. I'm on vacation from work right now. Once vacation is up, then I'll be back to near zero free time.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he has a D20 character and wants to somehow convert it to D6. I do not believe there is a good character conversion, but post the character to the forum and we will see what we can come up with for you.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not suere what version of D20 the GM is using, but once the wounds from boxing day sales have healed and last of the holiday feasts have bean digested we will try and get a few games in before we head back to work ourselves. I expect to have my audited character back tomrow, I'll try and post after the game.

Well I'm off to brave the boxing day sales (think Black Friday but with Tincle for our US Freinds)
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
I believe he has a D20 character and wants to somehow convert it to D6. I do not believe there is a good character conversion, but post the character to the forum and we will see what we can come up with for you.

Character conversions are far more art than science. It's one of the reasons why Gry and I really didn't do much of them. It's time consuming, and it's usually far easier to come up with your own NPCs yourself. But I have been known to do characters on special request on a few occasions.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found the scratch paper version of my character at generation, skills are a bit of a mess with me tinkering with the balance of them before play, I'll try and decipher them and recall what I settled on and post my starting point.

I"m trying to get this done so if we ditch D20 and move the campaign over to Real Star Wars RPG I've got a strong negotiating point to keep my character.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Consular 1st Level
S:12, D:18, Cn:14, I:18,W:18,Ch:16
Force Sensitive, Sense, Exotic Weapons Proficiency (Lightsaber), Exotic Weapons Proficiency (Double Bladed Lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (Blaster Pistols), Weapon Group Profincy (Simple Weapons).

Computer Use 2, Craft (Lightsaber) 3, Diplomacy 2, Gather Information 2, Knowledge (Alien Spices), Knowledge (Cultures) 2, Knowledge (Jedi) 2, Knowledge (The Force) 2, Pilot 2, Sense Motive 2.

Speak: Basic, Wookiee, Tw'lek, Droid Speak
Read: Arabesh, Wookiee, Tw'lek, Gliph
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Java script converter for this. It appears to be an OCR character.

I'll hit this later today, show you the by the numbers conversion, and then see if we can smooth it out a bit.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked to the GM on the Phone, apparently he's using the Revised D20 and not SAGA, and as luck would have it he's audited all the characters but mine before the Silly Season got in full swing.
DB 2.0
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot a Feat and my Force Skills and some other odds and ends last time out, hear is my Lv7 version.

Jedi Consular 7th Level
S:12, D:18, Cn:14, I:18,W:18,Ch:17
Force Sensitive, Sense, Exotic Weapons Proficiency (Lightsaber), Exotic Weapons Proficiency (Double Bladed Lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiency (Blaster Pistols), Weapon Group Profincy (Simple Weapons), Alter, Control, Lightsaber Defense, Knight Defense, Aware, Link.

Computer Use 2, Craft (Lightsaber) 10, Diplomacy 5, Gather Information 5, Knowledge (Alien Spices) 5, Knowledge (Cultures) 5, Knowledge (Jedi) 5, Knowledge (The Force) 5, Pilot 2, Sense Motive 5, Treat Injury 2, Disable Device 2, Move Silently 2, Repair 2, Hide2, Search 2, Spot 2.

Speak: Basic, Wookiee, Tw'lek, Droid Speak
Read: Arabesh, Wookiee, Tw'lek, Glyph

Affect Mind 3, Force Defense 2, Heal Other 2, Illusion 2, Move Object 2, Empathy 4, Farseeing 4, Friendship 4, See Force 6, Telepathy 4.

Skills are Ranks not final scores, going by the changes the GM has made to my Character sheet and tonight's session with what I know of D20 from D20 Lone Wolf and D20 MWWG I thing the GM may have given me Blaster Rifle and Light Armor Proficiencys and a few levels of Knowledge Linguistics for some reason (role playing and to help the campaign along?)
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 4D, Dodge 5D, Lightsaber 5D, Lightsaber: double-bladed 6D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien Species 3D+1, Cultures 4D, Bureaucracy 4D, Bureuacracy: Jedi 5D, Languages 4D, Scholar: Jedi 3D+2, Scholar: The Force 4D
MECHANICAL 2D
Space Transports 4D
PERCEPTION 3D
Hide 3D+2, Investigation 5D, Persusasion 4D+2, Search 4D+1, Sneak 3D+2
STRENGTH 2D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Computer Programming/Repair 3D+2, First Aid 4D+1, General Repair 3D+2, Lightsaber Repair 4D+2, Security 4D+1

Special Abilities: Control 6D, Sense 5D, Alter 3D
-- Control: Accelerate healing, Control pain, Force of Will
-- Sense: Life detection, Life sense, Receptive telepathy, Sense Force
-- Control+Sense: Farseeing, Lightsaber combat, Projective Telepathy
-- Control+Alter: Accelerate another's healing, Control another's pain
-- Control+Sense: Affect mind

Equipment: Double-bladed lightsaber (Difficult, 5D; +5 parry).
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: