The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Trek D6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Star Trek D6 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Trek D6 Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
I used the Star Wars scale chart and renamed it, though I was tempted to put in another scale between shuttlecraft/fighters and Capital ships for the Klingon Bird of Prey and the Jem'hadar fighters.

On my version of the Scale system, I have Starfighter at +6D, Frigate at +10D and Destroyer at +14D. In SW ships, anything smaller than a Victory Star Destroyer is Frigate scale.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Star Trek D6 Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Guys, he never said anything about crossing Trek over into the Star Wars Universe. He just said he was making a Star Trek D6 RPG.

I've proposed a Legion of Superheroes Game using D6, Star Trek and have done a Firefly-esque game...
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Star Trek D6 Reply with quote

Bobmalooga wrote:
Whill wrote:

Guys, he never said anything about crossing Trek over into the Star Wars Universe. He just said he was making a Star Trek D6 RPG.

I've proposed a Legion of Superheroes Game using D6, Star Trek and have done a Firefly-esque game...

I love all your D6 adaptations!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Trek D6 Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Bobmalooga wrote:
Whill wrote:

I love all your D6 adaptations!

Thanks Whill...
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks like this was a more popular thread than I thought. I'll try an answer some questions for you guys about how I handled stuff and how the session went.

Any race that isn't specifically stated to have different stats than humans I gave them human attributes of 2D/4D. I meant statistically near to humans more than genetically. My two players were pretty happy with the racial balancing and liked the cultural and class skill dice concepts, especially the extra skill die broken up into three class specializations. They made a Human and a Bajoran.

From my understanding the average human has 2D strength. From how I statted them the average Vulcan or Klingon has 3D strength.

The setting was fifteen years after the Dominion War. The Alpha and Beta quadrants were finally at peace. At least for now, while everyone is rebuilding.

I let people be descendants of famous characters. The Bajoran was the adopted daughter of Kira and Odo, a survivor of the Dominion attack on New Bajor. The human was the son of Montgomery Scott. Both kids graduated top of their respective classes, medical and engineering, and are assigned to the Enterprise-E as junior officers. Their first mission is to take a replacement Danubian runabout to the Enterprise-E, currently exploring deep space on the border between Klingon and Gorn space. During their trip they manage to outrun both Nausican and Orian ships as they passed near either of their space.

They find the Enterprise-E orbiting a planet with a small Borg colony. These Borg had been separated from the collective after the actions of Admiral Janeway in the last episode of Voyager. The crew had beamed up a few borgand tried to cure them only for the Borg to infect the crew, wiping out most of the officers, most of security and the science/medical crew. The new officers are now the heads of their respective departments and have a lot to learn about being in charge.

During their warp to the next planet to explore they are confronted by Gorn pirates posing as military and told they are violating Gorn space. The Gorn con their way on board and attack. The two new officers quickly become the highest ranking officers on the Enterprise-E and have to defend the ship.

My players considered this the best game I've ever run, which is saying something. It was alot of fun and they're already pestering me/requesting about continuing the Trek game
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never happy with they way I wrote up the star trek races for D6 as they currently are on the D6Holocron. I spent months writing up the stats for the ships and felt it was kinda missing something and did a quick write up for a few races. It turned into a mess fast. The Star Trek system didn't give balance within its own system and trying to balance it out through a crossover write up just made it all worse. So I just took what I had and tried to fix what I could without totally screwing it all up. some seems right some I now to be wrong but a lot of it came out as wtf happened there?!. maybe one of these days I'll get around to trying to fix it and make it all more right.

but for the ships im proud of that. the only thing that seems off is the shields buts they fit very well based on everything i could figure about the star trek universe.

-thedemonapostle

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: