The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Vader's Starfighter Supremecy in SW Rebels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Vader's Starfighter Supremecy in SW Rebels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Vader's Starfighter Supremecy in SW Rebels Reply with quote

In the Star Wars Rebels episode "The Siege" Vader cripples an entire rebel fleet by himself. His personal fighter heavily damages the rebel corvettes. He swatts off a squadron of a-wings too, but that's to be expected. What I'd like to see made game sense of is how he hit the cap ships so hard with nothing more than modified TIE lasers.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoE Optional Damage Rule combined with the Pirates & Privateers precision targeting rules, then add some form of Force assisted Piloting bonus?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plot powered weapons?
Tol-Yun
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clone Wars, Rebels and TFA show clearly that some of the scales are obsolete. I can't see a difference in scale between Walker and Starfighter any longer. What would a direct hit of an AT-AT do to an X-Wing? Most probably cripple it or outright destroy it.
At the moment I'm thinking if there should be a difference between Character and Speeder. Should a Speeder do more damage than an infantry based heavy weapon? I think not. Then again big speeders should be Walker scale anyway.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the scale system I use.

By this scale, the AT-AT is actually 2D higher than an X-Wing, and its heavy laser cannon are the same ones mounted on the B-Wing, except the AT-AT has two of them fire-linked.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Tol-Yun
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Here's the scale system I use.

By this scale, the AT-AT is actually 2D higher than an X-Wing, and its heavy laser cannon are the same ones mounted on the B-Wing, except the AT-AT has two of them fire-linked.

Thanks for sharing! I gave it alot of consideration, but I think I'll just have Starfighter/Walker in the very same category and leave the rest as is.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Vader's Starfighter Supremecy in SW Rebels Reply with quote

Ning Leihrec wrote:
In the Star Wars Rebels episode "The Siege" Vader cripples an entire rebel fleet by himself. His personal fighter heavily damages the rebel corvettes. He swatts off a squadron of a-wings too, but that's to be expected. What I'd like to see made game sense of is how he hit the cap ships so hard with nothing more than modified TIE lasers.
Kytross wrote:
Plot powered weapons?

Quote:
He was the best star pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior.

Vader is the Chosen One. Unless your PCs are Skywalkers, it probably doesn't matter. WEG even said that the Skywalkers are the exception rather than the rule.

That Rebels episode was good for one thing. It was the last Star Wars my son had watched before watching ANH, and Vader's starfighter superiority made the trench runs more dramatic for him.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: