The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Crisis on Cloud City
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Crisis on Cloud City Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Crisis on Cloud City Reply with quote

I need some feedback from the collected masses. I am about to run Crisis on cloud city for my group concurrently with the FFG adventure Jewel of Yavin as th both take place on cloud city and by staggering the events in each adventure I can make it a packed trip to the city in the clouds.

Anyway, to aid the smooth running of the adventure I was wondering if anyone that has played through crisis could give me feedback on how it went, what didn't work so well, what could be improved, did you make any improvements etc

Any relevant feedback would be appreciated. Very Happy
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoCC a sequel to Starfall, which is a great adventure except I changed the idiotic thing about the brilliant Alliance engineer somehow never learning to use computers (That may have flown for some people in the 80s but it is definitely not going to make any sense today). I believe I had him trip and a blast door slammed down on his hands, severing them conveniently near a med bay so he could get those medical stump things like Luke had when his hand got cut off. That preserved the scene in the adventure where the engineer is coaching the PC in the computer programming, because he can't operate a keyboard and do it himself without hands. And for the sequel adventure the engineer had two cybernetic hands...

For CoCC, I changed the part about the nanobots changing humans into droids. That just seemed un-Star-Warsy to me and strained my disbelief suspension too much. In my version the nanobots were still controlled by the main droid antagonist and could still take control of people, but they didn't actually physically transform people into droids. Otherwise I think the adventure ran pretty much as-is.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved Cloud City's central computer core out of the massive carbonite refining fin in the wind tunnel. [makes as much sense as putting your buildings servers out on the end of a loading crane!]

Instead I had X0 slice delete the software s that controlled the city's repulsion and had X0 controlling it remotely from his lair in the refinery fin. That way the PCs still have to go they to confront X0, and X0 is still keeping the city afloat.

It also keeps the PCs from just setting explosives and blowing up the support bridge to the Fin, dropping X0 down the wind tunnel! If they try to do that remind them that without the signals from XO's lair the entire city will fall out of the sky!

I changed the nanobots into MICRO-droids. So they were now a thousand times bigger [but still to small to see].

I made LOADS of other changes to the module but the others were mostly for personal taste and to better integrate it into my camp. [Like making XO a screwed up attempt by scientists to replicate a Vuffi-Raa droid from the Lando novels].

For Everything about the TARDIS check out
http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/

For all things Gallifreyan check out
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I recall the CoCC module came out around the same time as ST:TNG and the nanobots were the SW equivalent of the Borg.
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree about the nano bots. I was thinking of keeping the transformation but more as the droids have replaced parts of thier victims. I was going to have Dr Vreens brain partially replaced with a Borg implant similar to Lobots.

The location of the power core makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the few times i have had a group adventure on cloud city, they got into a major battle near the edge.. One of the pcs tried using his jet pack to 'bumb rush' one of the enemy OVER the edge so he would fall to his doom.. Problem was it was the pc's last charge IN his jet pack (he had been liberally using it all combat) and he BOMBED the heck out of the roll, with 4 of his 7 dice being ones (including the wild) and the other 3 being twos...
So HE wound up being the one going for a big fall....

He didn't even bother having me do damage, he just said "well that guy's dead". Guess my next PC will be a techie slicer..
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the weapon/armour rules for cloud city proper and port town?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly GG 5 for ESB doesn't list that info..
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG 2?
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccatkins wrote:

Per GG2, pg.63: "Customs is rather stringent, and no obvious weapons (aside from small knives and such) are permitted in the city. Small-charge stun guns are sold throughout the city for those worried about self-defense."

Port town appears to be exempt from the rules generally (due to difficulties in enforcement) and it's implied that there is very little official presence at all there. On the same train of thought, Han was able to carry his heavy blaster (at least while with Lando) so perhaps there are exemptions available and/or the Baron Administrator has some latitude when it comes to friends of his.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JironGhrad wrote:
On the same train of thought, Han was able to carry his heavy blaster (at least while with Lando) so perhaps there are exemptions available and/or the Baron Administrator has some latitude when it comes to friends of his.

Possibly. But remember the Empire was there the whole time Han was. Lando may not have asked Han to turn over his blaster to avoid suspicion about the trap.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT Swift wrote:
I moved Cloud City's central computer core out of the massive carbonite refining fin in the wind tunnel. [makes as much sense as putting your buildings servers out on the end of a loading crane!]

Maybe that was a cooling/ventilation system for the CPU.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JironGhrad wrote:
ccatkins wrote:

Per GG2, pg.63: "Customs is rather stringent, and no obvious weapons (aside from small knives and such) are permitted in the city. Small-charge stun guns are sold throughout the city for those worried about self-defense."

Port town appears to be exempt from the rules generally (due to difficulties in enforcement) and it's implied that there is very little official presence at all there. On the same train of thought, Han was able to carry his heavy blaster (at least while with Lando) so perhaps there are exemptions available and/or the Baron Administrator has some latitude when it comes to friends of his.

Thanks for this. I am going to pull together a prohibited items list that will be given to the players upon arrival. This will include: any weapons bigger than a small pistol or knife, heavy or concealing armour/helmets (except for cultural reasons), livestock, restricted items, EXPLOSIVES! That sort of thing, so they will have to buy new toys to carry out the heist in Jewel of Yavin.

For Crisis I have altered the adventure as the party currently have an old astromech droid from the clone wars that stole a ship from the party and led them to a mining facility that was in the midst of a droid revolt (FFGs Debts to pay adventure) following a message burst sent from cloud city. The astromech droid was trying to return home to his creator, a separatist droid tech, but Dr Neibransk Ularin moved to Cloud City over 15 years ago. The players have intercepted the message burst and have discovered that it activates a manufacturer code hidden on special processors created by the doc, and takes over the droids normal programming. In the adventure Dr Ularin will replace Dr Len as the creator of EXO-EXOne.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That "Except for cultural reasons" can give anyone with great conning skills, an easy out to get theirs through..
ccatkins
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
That "Except for cultural reasons" can give anyone with great conning skills, an easy out to get theirs through..

That was my thinking, so I shall be prepared for some fun interaction with customs agents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: