The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Egregious bodily harm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Egregious bodily harm
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Egregious bodily harm Reply with quote

Quick question!

Were there ever any official rules (even optional ones) to govern extensive injuries from combat or damage? Something more than simply "stunned" or "mortally wounded?"

I'm looking for things like permanent scars, bone breakage, severed limbs, permanent limp, etc. I feel like I've seen a list of that sort before - possibly even one necessitating cybernetic prosthesis or breathing units. I basically need to ... mangle ... a large number of NPCs in interesting ways and wanted to see if there was an easy way to do it.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Egregious bodily harm Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
Quick question!

Were there ever any official rules (even optional ones) to govern extensive injuries from combat or damage? Something more than simply "stunned" or "mortally wounded?"

I'm looking for things like permanent scars, bone breakage, severed limbs, permanent limp, etc. I feel like I've seen a list of that sort before - possibly even one necessitating cybernetic prosthesis or breathing units. I basically need to ... mangle ... a large number of NPCs in interesting ways and wanted to see if there was an easy way to do it.

Quote:
DAMAGE OPTIONS
Severe Injuries. As an optional rule, a character who causes enough damage to kill another character has the option of causing a serious, permanent injury instead. (For example, a limb could be severed or a body part injured so badly that it could never be used again.)

That's all I could think of.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, the rules for Reduce Injury may provide some insight.

The character uses the power by "losing" a force point, and rolling control instead of dying. If the power is successful, then the character lives, but suffers some permanent effect henceforth.
Tinman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Egregious bodily harm Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
Quick question!

I've seen this played with on occasion. Players have even given characters minor disadvantages like this from the start, simply because it was how they envisioned them, not because they were looking for a balancing bonus. One character had horrible facial scarring, and suffered a penalty to most social interactions because of it (and a small corresponding bonus to tests involving fear and intimidation.) This only affected humans and near-humans, because many sorts of aliens would presumably be less sensitive to the particulars of human appearance.

We also had one character who walked with a limp due to a poorly healed leg (a couple points off speed) and one character who suffered traumatic brain injury during play (created a couple strange personality quirks, and some curious memory gaps, but that was all role played.)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One i have yet to see someone do.. Take being 'allergic to bacta' like those 2 Corellians were in the Xwing novels..
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Egregious bodily harm Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
Quick question!

The Medical Sourcebook (Fan Made) has some options for severe wounds.
Tinman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
One i have yet to see someone do.. Take being 'allergic to bacta' like those 2 Corellians were in the Xwing novels..

Huh, I wonder if there might still be a minor market for kolto, if some people are allergic to bacta. I imagine only the very largest hospitals would still have a kolto tank though, for use on patients (or species') for which bacta isn't an option.
Rusharn
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there was ever any posted rules for stuff like that, but how I play it is if a character rolls a 1 on the wild die when they are taking a hit it has caused a special injury. I use the location chart to determine where they got hit and then give an effect appropriate to the level of damage and what was causing the wound.

While medicine checks and the like can remove the effect, my players have taking to noting wounds like that so they can describe their scars and battle marks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: