The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Capital ship combat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Capital ship combat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Capital ship combat Reply with quote

So, I've only recently become aware of the expanded capital ship combat rules available in the Rules Upgrade (or is it the Gamemaster Kit?), which I've never seen before.

As I have some upcoming cap ship combat which will involve actual stat and damage tracking, I wanted to check it out. Is this cap ship combat system still valid? (Pip damage tracking, multi-gun to-hit bonuses, grouping starfighters as combined guns, evasion scores, facing positions, etc)

I've never seen anything else about it, and as a longstanding 2ERE player, just assumed cap ships were handled like starfighters for combat. There's certainly nothing in 2ERE about it.

Does anybody use this system?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used them a basis for other house rules for capital ship combat. I'm a little busy at the moment, but if you are interested, I can dig up the links for you.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Capital ship combat Reply with quote

Mojomoe wrote:
So, I've only recently become aware of the expanded capital ship combat rules available in the Rules Upgrade (or is it the Gamemaster Kit?), which I've never seen before.

As I have some upcoming cap ship combat which will involve actual stat and damage tracking, I wanted to check it out. Is this cap ship combat system still valid? (Pip damage tracking, multi-gun to-hit bonuses, grouping starfighters as combined guns, evasion scores, facing positions, etc)

I've never seen anything else about it, and as a longstanding 2ERE player, just assumed cap ships were handled like starfighters for combat. There's certainly nothing in 2ERE about it.

Does anybody use this system?

It's in the Rules Companion, which added to 1e, basically made "1.5 edition". The capital ship combat system is a decent basic system for use on its own, but not instantly usable with 2e rules without putting in some mod time. I've used it before, but not since 1990 and on its own just for fun with a player, not as part of an RPG adventure. I'm sorry this doesn't help much.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a modified version of Starmada for Capital ship scaled battles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: