The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Juul Bastre
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Juul Bastre
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Juul Bastre Reply with quote

Origins

Originally, I was designing a bad guy to peripherally appear in some fanfic I was writing, and I asked my girlfriend to come up with a female bounty hunter (she would be one of three bounty hunters to plague the PC's, and the most powerful of the three). At first my girlfriend wasn't super interested in it, since she is insecure about her considerable creative skills, but then I showed her Terellian Jango Jumpers (as depicted with the character "Cassie Cryar" in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Lightsaber Lost"). She liked them a lot, especially when I told her that many of them could outrun Jedi, even in rough terrain. Another thing she liked was that I wanted the character to be so sadistic as to be nearly unsociable. A friendless monster who essentially gets paid to flay your skin from your bones somehow excites my girlfriend greatly 8)

Character Basics and Stats

Character Name: Juul Bastre
Character Type: Bounty Hunter
Gender/Species: Female/Terellian Jango Jumper
Homeworld: Galnee (Estor-Nisid system, Jaso sector)
Height: 1.9 m
Weight: 75 kg
Physical Description: Tall and robust even for her species, Juul Bastre has platinum blonde hair which she keeps in a long braid behind her. Her skin is aqua, and she has large, vibrant tattoos in red and white, in flame-like shapes up and down her body.

DEXTERITY: 4D+1
Acrobatics: 5D+1
Blaster: 7D+1
Blaster: blaster carbine: 8D+2
Brawling parry: 5D+2
Dodge: 8D+2
Melee combat: 7D
Melee combat: vibro sword: 9D
Melee parry: 7D+1
Running: 9D+1 (includes +2D species bonus)

KNOWLEDGE: 2D+1
Alien species: 3D+1
Business: 2D+2
Intimidation: 6D
Languages: 5D
Languages: trade languages: 6D+2
Planetary systems: 3D+1
Survival: 5D+2
Torture: 11D+2
Willpower: 5D+1

MECHANICAL: 1D+2
Sensors: 4D
Space transports: 5D+2
Starfighter piloting: 3D+2
Starship gunnery: 4D
Starship shields: 2D+2

PERCEPTION: 3D+2
Bargain: 7D
Bargain: bounties: 8D+2
Command: 6D+2
Con: 4D
Hide: 9D
Search: 8D+2
Sneak: 7D+1

STRENGTH: 4D+2
Climbing/jumping: 11D (includes +3D species bonus)
Stamina: 9D+2 (includes +2D species bonus)
Swimming: 5D+2

TECHNICAL: 2D
Blaster repair: 3D
Demolitions: 4D+1
Droid repair: 6D+1
First aid: 5D+1
Security: 5D+2

Move: 14
Force Sensitive? No
Force Points: 2
Dark Side Points: 8
Character Points: 17

Languages: Basic, Terellian, Bocce, and several other pidgin dialects/trade languages from various regions of the galaxy

Equipment: 15-20 changes of clothing for various occasions and utilities; Kaleesh bone mask (+2 to Indimidation rolls and +2 defense against energy or physical damage); comlink; datapad; medpac; macrobinoculars, 200 yards of syntherope (with dispenser); modified twin vibro-swords (STR+3D+1 [maximum 7D+2]) worn on back; heavy blaster pistol (5D) worn on belt; modified blaster carbine (with scope: +2 to Blaster when aimed) (5D) worn slung over shoulder; four standard fragmentation grenades and two thermal detonators on bandolier worn across shoulder; suit of extremely beat-up Terellian armor* (see below) that grants +2 against energy damage and +1D against physical damage to all areas except the head; a necklace made of dried ears taken from each person she has killed in combat; modified Undetermined-class space transport called Flenser Prime

Other Resources: 1.3 million credits apportioned between various banks throughout the galaxy; a garage and dungeon complex on Nuvar in the Dustig sector which includes a gymnasium for training, torture chambers, jail cells, two oubliettes, much room for storage, an underground zoological laboratory where Juul Bastre keeps dangerous creatures that interest her; an ossuary near her complex on Nuvar, wherein over thirty rooms are made from the bones of dead beings from all over the galaxy, collected and constructed by Juul Bastre as a curiosity; a collection of fine jewelry and other valuable items; half a dozen droids to maintain her ship and and her garage/dungeon/lab properties

Capsule

Background: Since she was born a true sadist and psychopath, it was only natural that Juul would eventually descend into crime. In the undercities of ecumenopolises across the galaxy like Denon, Nar Shaddaa, and Alsakan, she found people just like herself, and under their tutelage she learned how to operate effectively in the criminal underworld. Eventually, attracted by the large payouts, she would develop her skills enough to meet her goal of becoming a successful bounty hunter. Reports of her high capture rates soon reached the ears of the Hutts and other groups of galactic gangsters, and the contracts began to flow in freely. Currently, she is only accepting contracts where “Wanted Dead” is an option; rumors persist that this preference is due to her deep love of torturing and killing her captives, sometimes keeping them alive for weeks or months on end, until she gets bored with them and leaves them to die of either exsanguination, exposure, or dehydration. After she is finished with them, she then delivers the shattered bodies to those offering the bounties, some of whom have occasionally been persuaded to pay extra for the abuse.

Personality: Juul Vogo is not someone your average spacer wants to run into, and approaching her with new or moderately-experienced characters is a dead man's bet. Though she does not operate extra-judicially in the strictest sense, in effect she does not worry about laws enough for them to majorly alter anything she does. As a psychopath, she doesn’t have much personality to speak of, and can be relied upon to attack randomly (or not), and then simply stop for a random amount of time before either doing it again or moving on. She rarely speaks, but when she does it is from an authoritative female voice which compels those in earshot to listen. It is rumored that she drools uncontrollably while torturing, though this has not been verified. From without, it doesn’t appear that she uses much logic, but this notion is quickly dispelled once one witnesses her gathering information or acting in combat. Still, she doesn’t relate to other beings or their motivations, or to common sentient feelings like affection or attachment or even momentary amusement. She has spent at least 10 cumulative years of her life incarcerated, and is wanted in at least three systems for various crimes (including but not limited to: [suspected] murder, arson, armed robbery, destruction of property, kidnapping, and a slew of other things, a decent number of them violent). However, the price on her head is not yet high enough to make it worth it for other bounty hunters to track her and challenger her; additionally, she is so successful in her profession that it is in the best interest of the bounty hunting community that she be allowed to ply her trade undisturbed.

Objectives: It’s difficult to qualify her objectives, as they don't make sense to most other beings. Strictly speaking, she wants the galaxy to continue pumping out fresh criminals, since new criminals mean new contracts. Her true love is in the process of stalking and outwitting sentient beings and taking them captive predominantly by using her wits. Money is a side effect for Juul; she has no real use for it except to occasionally replace or upgrade a piece of equipment at her property on Nuvar, or to update or alter her ship and/or weapons.

A Quote: "I like to think of myself as a conductor of sorts. However, I am a different kind of conductor. Some of them work in voices, others in horns and drums. I work in screams."

Relationships to other Characters: Naturally, Juul is avoided by other bounty hunters and guns-for-hire because of her excessively violent and unpredictable nature. The only time she is recommended is if there is no alternative and the someone you seek has eluded all others. She has several droids, and at least one of them is an Old Republic interrogation model that has been illegal for many years, and at least one more is an IG-series model. Her mere presence on-world or in a system has been known to induce local criminals to lay low until she can be proven gone. Her methods have given rise to nicknames for her; it is rumored that her favorite nickname is "Hu'gaha," or Huttese for “one with mists”.

My plan is to introduce this character about halfway through the story, if at all. I like her enough that I may save her for a campaign some day.

*I want her suit of armor to have a tube-fed flame thrower on the left forearm and a electrical net launcher on the the right. The flame thrower would be fed by a small tank on her back and each tank would be good for three flame thrower attacks. Does ANYONE know where I can find stats on FLAME THROWERS and/or stun (or not) NET LAUNCHERS? It might also have boots that can be magnetized, and kick-out spikes under the toe area which may be used to kick through or mutilate something as strong as a starship bulkhead. Of course, I don't want to give her so much sweet equipment that she is invincible, but I do want her to have a range of tools at her disposal.

Last edited by Error on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:13 pm; edited 7 times in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely evil. Though even with as powerful as she looks, pcs can gang up on her MAPPING her to death.. She definitely needs 2 possibly 3 mook guardians..
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Nicely evil. Though even with as powerful as she looks, pcs can gang up on her MAPPING her to death.. She definitely needs 2 possibly 3 mook guardians..

Thanks, but henchmen aren't her style. Besides, this is only a write-up for a character I plan to use in fan fiction.

But as long as she sounds nice and evil, I have succeeded Smile
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a q then, why stat her out if she's just going to be used in fan fic??
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Because I can file her away for future WEG SW encounters. Having characters pre-made in a folder is a really awesome resource as a GM.

I'll probably do it for everything I invent for the fanfic, including most characters. I've got another one coming soon.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

I like to stat out characters I use in fiction. It helps to keep them from turning Gary Stu/Mary Sue, if I know what their capabilities are, rather than having to define them at the moment. In fact, one current internal debate I'm having for a character is "Fighter/Thief or Ranger?" Both fit, and I could see her going either way, but I want to have a firm idea of who she is before writing too much more.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Is there no rule in the RAW that prevents them from mapping her to death? I feel like she should be able to take on three or four mid-level heroes without the need of three droidekas first...

MrNexx wrote:
garhkal wrote:

I like to stat out characters I use in fiction. It helps to keep them from turning Gary Stu/Mary Sue, if I know what their capabilities are, rather than having to define them at the moment. In fact, one current internal debate I'm having for a character is "Fighter/Thief or Ranger?" Both fit, and I could see her going either way, but I want to have a firm idea of who she is before writing too much more.

Oh man, me too. If I don't outline characters far enough (whether it's for fan fiction or SWRPG) then I will misplay them when the time comes. This one, for example, is a little too powerful as written to be useful to me right now, but she might be down the road.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vogon? You're aware of the Vogons from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Though I wouldn't react too much to the name, I suspect some of the more ... vocal in the fanfic critique community night.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
Vogon? You're aware of the Vogons from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Though I wouldn't react too much to the name, I suspect some of the more ... vocal in the fanfic critique community night.

It used to be Vogo, actually, before I added the N. I will scan my list of names I've set aside from the various name generators out there, and see if I can find her a better surname.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about one of the following:

Danodel
Tahlee
Scutu
Ixate
Ruzatru
Niovah
Alcinne
Jing
Carth
Samuul
Osaryn
Sabor
Zarkot
Bastre
Atria
Glynn
Cah
Ithan
Thorn
Tahl
Kiraset
Nenthe
Athirel
Krish
Castien
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: