The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Slowest know hyperdrive rating?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Slowest know hyperdrive rating?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Slowest know hyperdrive rating? Reply with quote

Is there a ship in any WEG stats with the slowest known hyperdrive rating? I think the Death Star has a backup x25 but I wonder about the really old ships from before tales of the Jedi.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember seeing a Tales of the Jedi era ship with a backup hyperdrive of Class 20(!), believe it or not. As for main hyperdrives, the slowest I can recall seeing is a Class 8, again from the Tales of the Jedi era.

I'll try looking these up and see if I can post the sources. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Ok, the Ithullian Ore Hauler, found on pages 110-111 of Tales of the Jedi Companion. Yes, friends, this ship has a main hyperdrive of Class 15(!) and a backup hyperdrive of Class 25 (yes, you read that right).

If anyone knows of a slower ship that this, I'm curious to hear it.

As for the Death Star, according to the Death Star Technical Companion, it has a Class 4 main hyperdrive and a Class 24 backup hyperdrive. (Does anyone know if the Death Star Technical Companion is 1st or 2nd Edition?)
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
As for the Death Star, according to the Death Star Technical Companion, it has a Class 4 main hyperdrive and a Class 24 backup hyperdrive. (Does anyone know if the Death Star Technical Companion is 1st or 2nd Edition?)

They had one for both editions.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

They had one for both editions.

Yeah, the D6 Holocron PDF copy says it's for both 1st and 2nd Ed in a single volume. Interesting, I guess there wasn't much about the Death Star they needed to update from 1st to 2nd.

On a related subject, I know we're probably years from a Rogue One D6 fanbook, but I can't wait to see it regardless.

EDIT: But we're talking about slow hyperdrives in this thread. Has anyone seen the stats for a slower ship than the Ithullian ore-hauler I mentioned?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: