The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Updated/Modified Character Damage Chart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Updated/Modified Character Damage Chart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Updated/Modified Character Damage Chart Reply with quote

In attempt to make character damage make more sense, add some variety and longevity for characters I made some changes. Like with the Updated Movement I posted earlier, I started with renaming damage levels. Stunned, Wounded, Severely Wounded, Critically Wounded, Mortally Wounded and Dead. I dropped the mechanic that if wounded the character falls down. I always thought that was a pretty lame thing. Characters now have a negative modifier for wounds greater than Wounded 2. They also have to make Strength Rolls when critically and mortally wounded to stay conscious. Once wounded and takes another wound the character progresses one wound level. The final thing I changed was the weight or spread of the different wound levels which has progressed 4/5/4/3/2/1, I have changed this to 6/5/4/3/2/1 so it makes better internal sense.

I have not worked out all the details for weapons set to stun. I never liked the RAW that stated a weapon set to stun knocks a character unconscious on a result of Wounded or better. This made stun weapons very powerful. With this new chart I am thinking a result of Severely Wounded or better will stun a character into unconsciousness. Also, I think that weapons set for stun probably can only be used at short range. I have not seen in the movies, novels, cartoons or comics someone stunning a character at what I would consider moderate or longer range. We only see it at short range.

0-5 Stunned: -1D to all actions this round and the next
6-10 Wounded: -1D to all actions until healed *
11-14 Severely Wounded: -2D to all actions until healed **
15-17 Critically Wounded: -3D to all actions until healed ***
18-19 Mortally Wounded: -4D to all actions until healed ****
20+ Dead

* If wounded again, character becomes Severely Wounded.
** If Wounded or Severely Wounded again, becomes Critically Wounded.
*** Moderate Strength attribute check to remain conscious. If wounded again, becomes Mortally Wounded.
**** Difficult Strength attribute check to remain conscious. If wounded again, Killed.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in essence you added a 2nd wound level and changed up being incapacitated to being critically wounded.

Though why the difference in the #s between them? Wouldn't it make more sense to have each damage level be brackets of 4 (or 5) above soak?
So 'stunned' would be 0-3, 4-7, 8-11, 12-15, 16-19, 20+?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, more wound levels, this requires customized character sheets.

I must therefore respectfully decline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: