The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Legacy of the Force Sourcebook: Taking any help I can get Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Treefrog wrote:
For example (I'm most partial to): Saga Galaxy Guide 1: Legacy of the Force (Revised and Expanded), but its not the definite title.

I would name it The Legacy Era Sourcebook as sourcebooks from books and comics were given there own title and not a part of the Galaxy Guides. In the end, you are the creator and hang the rest, you do and name it whatever you like.

Isn't the Legacy Era the time period of Cade Skywalker around 137 ABY? That is not the era you're looking for. Shocked Razz
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Isn't the Legacy Era the time period of Cade Skywalker around 137 ABY?

You are correct. Thank you for the correction. Legacy of the Force Sourcebook.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:
Treefrog wrote:
For example (I'm most partial to): Saga Galaxy Guide 1: Legacy of the Force (Revised and Expanded), but its not the definite title.

I would name it The Legacy Era Sourcebook as sourcebooks from books and comics were given there own title and not a part of the Galaxy Guides. In the end, you are the creator and hang the rest, you do and name it whatever you like.

Isn't the Legacy Era the time period of Cade Skywalker around 137 ABY? That is not the era you're looking for. Shocked Razz

Dang it!!! You beat me to it. Laughing
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that I want to mention as I volunteered to edit the first draft of this fanbook: This book has both D20 and D6 stats as it's intended for use with both systems. However, while I was editing a few of the early chapters, I saw that several characters are missing either D6 stats or D20 stats. I told Treefrog about this and he told me that he might need assistance inventing and/or converting stats for several characters. I figured I'd ask on Treefrog's behalf for this. I'm still in the process of editing the text of the book, but there's no reason to start the ball rolling on generating D6 and D20 stats for the minor NPCs. The problem is, I know bugger-all about calculating and converting stats, so I was wondering if anyone had the time to help Treefrog with this while I continue editing the text of the book.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is that I will be wrapping up the missing stats myself, save for the GAG D6, GAG Shocktrooper D6, Elite GAG D6, and Elite Shocktrooper D6, and Officer GAG D6.

I will keep everyone posted if I miss anyone else.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
GAG D6, GAG Shocktrooper D6, Elite GAG D6, and Elite Shocktrooper D6, and Officer GAG D6.

Anyone want to take a crack at these?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to post here to let you all know that editing of this book continues apace. I just finished Chapter 5 and have now moved onto chapter 6. Once Chapter 6 & 7 are done, the rest should be relatively easy. (It's those long character write-ups for the main characters that make this so time-consuming. Shocked ) Also, as I've been bouncing around the chapters making labels and headers and such all uniform, much of the work in the later chapters is also done now.

As of now, my list of editing corrections, in 11 point size font, is 72 pages long.

SEVENTY. TWO. ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

And I still have 5 more chapters to go! Sad

Treefrog, you did well to accept my offer to edit the LotF book. 8) Mr. Green
evilnerf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this one!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good news to report: Treefrog and I managed to get permission from Burntsrobe at Indie DB to use some of his Star Wars planet pics (the rest of the planets we need will come from Wookieepedia), so the Galactic Gazetteer chapter of the LotF book won't look so barren as it did in the first draft with no planet pictures at all.

Also, I just finished editing that chapter, so only three chapters (9: Starships, 10: Droids and 1: Heroic Traits) are left to edit. Remember how when I posted last, I said that I had a document of editing corrections that was some 70-odd pages long? It's 110 pages long now, with 3 chapters left to go. (I wasn't expecting this many corrections.) Shocked

But yeah, I can't wait to see how the book looks once I'm done editing it. It's gonna be gorgeous.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The finished product is going to look amazing from what has been released so far. Not only that, there's some stats that hasn't been finished, and are now. Also, things have been fleshed out and expanded as well.

Let's just say that the LotFSB was a 174 page sourcebook in its rough draft, the finished product will be over 200 pages.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
The finished product is going to look amazing from what has been released so far. Not only that, there's some stats that hasn't been finished, and are now. Also, things have been fleshed out and expanded as well.

Let's just say that the LotFSB was a 174 page sourcebook in its rough draft, the finished product will be over 200 pages.

I'm just glad we managed to find suitable planet pics for the planets that never got official art. The ones we found are gorgeous, IMHO. I particularly can't wait to see the finished Galactic Gazetteer chapter.

Editing Chapter 9: Starships proceeds slowly, but it's 30 pages of nothing but write-ups and D20 and D6 ship stats, so it can't be rushed. There are just too many things, editing-wise, that can go out of whack to do a rush-job on it. Making all the stats uniform across 32 pages is a sh!t-ton of work and necessitates an eye for detail and pattern recognition.

(And to think that I believed that once I got past Chapter 7: Mandalore Rising, the rest would be easy...)

As much as I hate to say it, I have to take a page from Blizzard Entertainment: this will be ready when it's done and not a second sooner.

But I'm hopeful that I can honestly tell you guys that this fanbook will be worth the wait.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I skipped ahead and just finished editing chapter 10: Droids, although I think I'm gonna have to take another look at it in the next draft as I was dealing with conflicting sources for the R6 and R7 D6 stats.

I'm doubling back and editing Chapter 9: Starships again, which is probably the toughest chapter to edit in the book: it's 30 pages of starship stats, which is a nightmare to harmonize. After that, there just remains Chapter 1: Heroic Traits to edit. Once that's done and once Treefrog finishes putting the planet images into chapter 8: Galactic Gazetteer, the next draft of the Legacy of the Force fan sourcebook will be ready.

If nothing unforseen happens (and I might be called out of town for a couple of weeks), then Draft 2 of the LotF book should be ready in a week or so.

No promises, however. Razz Confused Razz

EDIT (4/14/17): Ugh, this crap is tougher than I thought. I've made alot of progress on Ch 9, but I've spent most of the last few days working on Ch 10 Droids. Ch 10 should be done (at least for this draft), but Ch 9 is still kicking my @$$. All the same, slow and steady still wins the race.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just finished chapter 9 Starships and sent it off to Treefrog. I'm gonna do a quick run-through of chapter 1 for any grammar errors and then editing the first draft of the LotF fanbook will be done.

So if all goes well, the second draft of the LotF fanbook should be out very soon!

EDIT: I'm still working on Chapter 1, but Treefrog sent me the individual chapter PDFs of the 2nd Draft and from the VERY preliminary look I just saw, they look great. The Galactic Gazetteer in particular, while it needs some format adjustment, looks amazing.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Ok, I just finished chapter 9 Starships and sent it off to Treefrog. I'm gonna do a quick run-through of chapter 1 for any grammar errors and then editing the first draft of the LotF fanbook will be done.

So if all goes well, the second draft of the LotF fanbook should be out very soon!

EDIT: I'm still working on Chapter 1, but Treefrog sent me the individual chapter PDFs of the 2nd Draft and from the VERY preliminary look I just saw, they look great. The Galactic Gazetteer in particular, while it needs some format adjustment, looks amazing.

The format adjustments that I noticed (that were glaring) were very minor, thankfully.

As it stands today, the 2nd Draft (not including the front and back covers) is now over 200 pages.

Woot!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
The format adjustments that I noticed (that were glaring) were very minor, thankfully.

As it stands today, the 2nd Draft (not including the front and back covers) is now over 200 pages.

Woot!

In your 2nd draft of chapter 1, while you did fix a few things, Treefrog, there were quite a few more errors that I found but you missed.

But then, that's why I'm the editor. And you're not. So Razz on you.

Mr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. GreenMr. Green8)

Seriously, gang, I think you're gonna love the Legacy of the Force fanbook once it's ready. We've made HUGE improvements on it since Treefrog showed us the 1st draft back in February. Barring any unforeseen interruptions involving Real Life (TM), I should have the 1st Draft of Chapter 1 done in a day or two, then comes editing all of Draft 2. With a bit of luck, that won't take too long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: